Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to blood a raw kid like Draper or Davies, a game against Norf seems as good as any
Draper looks the closest of the three to come in. I just feel he isn’t yet accountable enough. I’d incl. him as one of the emergencies.

Our backline has been decimated. Cox, McDonald, Chapman, Wagner.

Glad Walker is up and about. Draper can travel. Still a no for mine with regards to Reidy.

Either Voss or Tabs to get a game. I’m leaning towards Voss. Has Voss played backline before?

I’d rather Brayshaw and Young keep their positions. We’ve lost three players, shifting some others around just *s with our chemistry
Young went back during the game. I’d say we will need to get him to the backline due to the decimation of the back half. Ryan likely to play more lockdown. He played on Hawkins the year he made all Australian Without Ryan as distributor we need a replacement so come one down young.

I really don’t want to move Young to the backline, he’s still building the chemistry with Fyfe, Serong and Brayshaw in the middle and his kicking is now an offensive weapon.
I also don’t want to send Treacy back either as he showed today how well he and Amiss combine up forward.
May seem like a left field option, but could we bring in Reidy for cox, allow Jackson to play more forward, if Ryan/Draper can’t contain Colman-Jones, swing Jackson back to cover, he’s got the height and athleticism to go with him. Draper goes forward.

Out: Worner, McDonald, Cox
In: Walker, Draper, Reidy

Oh and to get my buddy Brodie into the team, he replaces Ras as the sub.

Out: Worner Omac Cox JOM
In: Reidy Draper Voss Walker

Draper Pearce Ryan
Clark Hughes Young
Sharp Jom Johnson
Freddy Voss Jackson
Treacy Amiss Walters
Reidy Brayshaw Serong

Walker Banfield Switta Aish

Emerg: Raz

Probably made too many unnecessary changes, but I still don't mind this setup.
I know people are pretty harsh on JOM, but really??

North definitely won’t be easy beats,

I can see Reidy getting a debut to keep our forward structure the same. Hard to know what our backline looks like

Young went back during the game. I’d say we will need to get him to the backline due to the decimation of the back half. Ryan likely to play more lockdown. He played on Hawkins the year he made all Australian Without Ryan as distributor we need a replacement so come one down young.
Young went back because we couldn’t call Walker on the phone and tell him to suit up for Worner. I’d rather Youngy continue his development as a midfielder. Just need a replacement for OMac

Could bring Reidy in for cox and leave Jackson forward more.

Likely Draper or Davies for McDonald.

And walker for Worner.

Don’t think too much else changes given the forced. See how Sonny pulls up, may see JoM or scoops in
what about JOM? he looked pretty good in the pre-season, as did Voss

Sonny might get a week off for his trip...if so Cooper will be a great like for like.

If our young defenders are not ready and Young needs to go back (regretfully)...Jono should slot into his midfield rotation perfectly.

Voss for the role that opens up due to Cox's hammy.

Walker in for Warner.

Its good to have depth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonny might get a week off for his trip...if so Cooper will be a great like for like.

If our young defenders are not ready and Young needs to go back (regretfully)...Jono should slot into his midfield rotation perfectly.

Voss for the role that opens up due to Cox's hammy.

Walker in for Warner.

Its good to have depth!
Even our Son Son went in hard today!

The key defenders for North are a weakness. A strong mark might look like a superstar.

If it's about structure replace Cox with Voss.

If we identify that forward pressure is especially effective then playing a smaller pressure player might have a higher net result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Back