VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

So you want to take away any home ground advantage they may have?
No, I want to train and play at RSEA, rather than TBBO.

The original post was asking about what we gain by moving to a fully fledged reserves team - using RSEA's significantly better facilities would be one thing.

That move by the AFL cant come soon enough for our club IMO!

I dont think the club realise the marketing/ticketing opportunities they miss out on by just having the lads running around in those ridiculous Zebras colours. Playing on an often wind swept TBBO, where there is very limited parking. The amount of games this season when there was hardly a score at one end and blokes kicking bombs at the other was park footy stuff.

I understand Moorabbin also gets windy and affected by the elements, but at least the ground and environs look like they belong to a professional football organisation.
The parking at TBBO is atrocious puts me off going.

So you want to take away any home ground advantage they may have?

How is TBBO a home ground advantage? If anything its a disadvantage to our club playing there. It is nothing like any other AFL ground let alone Marvel (size), there is zero parking, the facilities are second rate, the stadium seating is poorly aligned with the ground and doesnt improve the viewing and the endless windy conditions are not conducive to decent footy. Its akin to a park footy club facility not a professional AFL alignment.

There are no marketing benefits for the club playing in Sandringham colours and at their ground - its a rubbish alignment.

How is TBBO a home ground advantage? If anything its a disadvantage to our club playing there. It is nothing like any other AFL ground let alone Marvel (size), there is zero parking, the facilities are second rate, the stadium seating is poorly aligned with the ground and doesnt improve the viewing and the endless windy conditions are not conducive to decent footy. Its akin to a park footy club facility not a professional AFL alignment.

There are no marketing benefits for the club playing in Sandringham colours and at their ground - its a rubbish alignment.
And they don't recruit well for Sandy. Noah Gown was probably their best recruit of recent times, then let him walk to Frankston after 2 seasons, last year. Might of been only one?

And they don't recruit well for Sandy. Noah Gown was probably their best recruit of recent times, then let him walk to Frankston after 2 seasons, last year. Might of been only one?

Hipwell has now gone to Frankston. You would think that recruiting should start, but ot seems to be very late

Hipwell won’t be the last.

Have been told there will be a mass exodus of the core group . Maybe not a bad thing.

Core group of Sandy listed players were unhappy about players being dropped to accomodate Benier.

Players also unhappy that CTL kids were given games when Sandy were still fighting to make finals .

Jarod Lienert at North I believe has reached out to a few as well.

Watched a bit of Sandy, my guess would be that it is Ollie Lowe who will get the rookie spot.

Hipwell won’t be the last.

Have been told there will be a mass exodus of the core group . Maybe not a bad thing.

Core group of Sandy listed players were unhappy about players being dropped to accomodate Benier.

Players also unhappy that CTL kids were given games when Sandy were still fighting to make finals .

Jarod Lienert at North I believe has reached out to a few as well.

Watched a bit of Sandy, my guess would be that it is Ollie Lowe who will get the rookie spot.
Ollie Lowe or Tom Blamires for mine, unless Hoffman & Peckett deem as being Sandy Rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back