Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou sincerely, tonight you lot have brought justice to this corrupt world.
I will never forget the 2015 prelim
Final that you were cheated out of by Matt Stevic. I was quite shocked he wasn’t named for the Hawks tonight, now they might have to roll him out for the Cats game. Shame

The two dangerous tackles in front of Hawthorn goal and Boak's clearly missed touched call made me question life.

I am disappointed in anyone that defends tonight's umpiring.

How bout the ball being a nautical mile over the boundary line immediately before Hufflepuff’s high tackle free and goal.

I’d be steaming like an Albany ham if it was no later than 2017.

SCORING STATS

Flow of the Game

Q1 00:00 - Q2 13:34
[42'04"] (Port +22)
Port 9/3.6:24 - 2/0.2:2 Hawks

Q2 13:34 - Q3 08:30 [27'02"] (Hawks +25)
Port 2/2.0:12 - 7/6.1:37 Hawks

Q3 08:30 - Q4 12:05
[33'39"] (Port +21)
Port 8/5.3:33 - 2/2.0:12 Hawks

Q4 12:05 - Q4 36:23 [24'18"] (Hawks +15)
Port 1/1.0:6 - 6/3.3:21 Hawks

--​

Port's Dominance: 75'43"
- combined score: 17/8.9:57 - 4/2.2:14

Hawks' Dominance: 51'20"
- combined score: 3/3.0:18 - 13/9.4:58

--​

Q1 (Port +13)
Port 5/2.3:15 - 2/0.2:2 Hawks

Q2 (Hawks +4)
Port 6/3.31:21 - 5/4.1:25 Hawks

Q3 (Hawks +4)
Port 4/2.2:14 - 3/3.0:18 Hawks

Q4
(Hawks +2)
Port 5/4.1:25 - 7/4.2:27 Hawks

--​

Duration of the Match: 2h07'03"
H1: 1h00'36"​
Q1 28'30"
Q2 32'06"
H2: 1h06'27"​
Q3 30'04"
Q4 36'23"

When the players come out with that much focus and effort, it is hard for anyone not to support them. They deserved it and I wanted it for them.

I must say, I didn't walk away stoked. It was ok, it was a phenomenal performance, despite the fact we nearly still choked, but I just saw the demons of the past. Sicily the new Shuey, etc.

It's so hard to invest in this side when I just have zero trust that we can maintain it for 4 full quarters. But they did, and it was outstanding, so my mind then goes to next week where I just don't believe we can beat Sydney in Sydney in a prelim based on our historical results. Whilst we're doing things the last 7-8 weeks that are defying the trends, but still last week shows how close we are to it all just going wrong again.
Agree with all of that.

As much I don’t think we’ll beat Sydney, I am more comfortable with the way we’ll approach this upcoming game than if we were playing the Prelim at home after a bye. Kenny’s troopers loathe expectation and thrive on underdog status. After the first final, we’ll be underdogs from here on. We also travel well because the boys bond. If our midfield improves on tonight, we’re a silly chance.
The two dangerous tackles in front of Hawthorn goal and Boak's clearly missed touched call made me question life.

Don’t forget the Chol out-of-bounds non-call that led to a Watson goal from a head-high tackle where he dropped his shoulder.

Even the Hawks’ first goal to Dear was from a very soft and innocuous holding decision. Aliir barely touched or restricted him.

They kicked 5 from dubious decisions/non-decisions. We got one IMO (Rozee first goal). Breust’s goal before 3QT also came after a perplexing free to Moore.

Agree with all of that.

As much I don’t think we’ll beat Sydney, I am more comfortable with the way we’ll approach this upcoming game than if we were playing the Prelim at home after a bye. Kenny’s troopers loathe expectation and thrive on underdog status. After the first final, we’ll be underdogs from here on. We also travel well because the boys bond. If our midfield improves on tonight, we’re a silly chance.

Don’t forget the Chol out-of-bounds non-call that led to a Watson goal from a head-high tackle where he dropped his shoulder.

Even the Hawks’ first goal to Dear was from a very soft and innocuous holding decision. Aliir barely touched or restricted him.

They kicked 5 from dubious decisions/non-decisions. We got one IMO (Rozee first goal). Breust’s goal before 3QT also came after a perplexing free to Moore.
They were absolutely breastfed tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Port Adelaide finals win that - stuff I grew up with. I also grew up with arshole oppositions thinking they were going to get the better of us only to end up being gibbering wrecks and then hating us with a passion. There is nothing better than being hated and Hinkley intimated that he spoke to his players about the pretentious little git's jibes.

The umpiring was astonishingly bad but we've copped that shit for over 150 years! The thing we can control is to never ever let it bamboozle us and to never ever give up. Things do tend to come out in the wash if you don't look for excuses and give up.

The Hawthorn coach and the television commentators/barrackers are the ones that are embarrasing themselves, not Hinkley. He stood up for his team just like the Sheedys have in the past.

Anyone that had the audacity to knock young Burgoyne obviously had not seen his last half year or so and if they did and still did not rate him, they haven't a f****ng clue about football.

We'll do Sydney next week I reckon.

Mitchell was a player at that stage. I’d like to think he wouldn’t do that as a coach.

Coaches need to be held to a higher standard. Would be a bit different if a player were to give it to Ginni.

Behind the scene I reckon Ginni would have been told not to do that sh*t publicly ever again.
Bloody well said.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been very critical of burgoyne (smashed last week) but he showed how good he can be.
few more years in the weight room he could be a star.

little ginnie weasly won’t be posting for a while.

let’s go smash these swans and make a GF

Last edited:
There's Ken being a coward in the presser. Own your actions from 10 minutes ago ya ****in dunce.

Aaaaaaand I’m back to disliking the man.

I'll defend the Boak not touched because I have moral issues with the goal review being used to see if someone got a fingertip on the ball 30m away from the goal line. Also the footage was not clear. It shouldn't happen. Goal review for goal line decisions early. For goal umpires decisions. Out in the field it is a field umpire decision and the system isn't there for them.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back