Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an odd one, Shaun. This will be controversial, but he's as unPort Adelaide to me as Kornes, but for different reasons.
Not controversial at all, in fact I would suggest Kane Cornes is actually more Port Adelaide than him.
Not to mention his voice when commentating I would rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to him.

that Sicily goal was clearly touched - it was faint but very clear touch from Boak. No comment from anyone, goal called and play on for the hawks fairytale.
The lack of discussion around that one and the out of bounds non-call has astounded me.

Great to get up under the circumstances, intensity was where it should be. But Jeez we make it hard for ourselves, probably should have won by 4 or 5 goals, no method going forward as usual...kept going long up the line in the last 10 minutes which was just giving the ball back to them, no attempt to keep possession and use up time. Lack of a plan and football nous will cost us. Credit where it's due though, effort was terrific.
We can thank our defence last night big time.

Lewis - Hodge - Mitchell all now bastions of integrity? They got ****ing concussion and can’t remember their own playing days or something?

Probably three of the biggest snipers, shit stirrers in the game while they played. They got away with everything though so maybe they didn’t realise they were ****wits.

Big bad bully Ken should have factored in that Ginnivan’s prefrontal cortex has not yet fully developed
Surely Ginnivan should have factored in Ken's cognitive decline leading to similar inhibition issues?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do yourselves a favour and listen to two very mature young men give great interviews this morning:

JHF on 3AW
Sinn on ABC Grandstand SA.

Both speak extremely well. Would love for Sinn to have a clear run at it from here and establish himself as a really good AFL player. Mead and Drew both came good in their fourth-fifth years. Hopefully he does too.

That was embarrassing by him.
So cringeworthy.
Why would the board challenge ken on what he did aftermatch when they haven't for 12 years of no success lol

The guy has a extremely short memory.
Did the Hawthorn board challenge Clarkson over bashing a fan after a game , racist/homophobic comments?

Did anyone listen to Derm on crunch time. He was beside himself
Yep. The fairest player of all time, Dermott Brereton has joined the list of former Hawk players who think they have earned the right to lecture others on what is righteous on-field behaviour.

Any chance of anyone apart from Port fans call out the blatant hypocrisy of this BS pile-on? And of the AFL swallowing it all in asking for a 'please explain'.

Do yourselves a favour and listen to two very mature young men give great interviews this morning:

JHF on 3AW
Sinn on ABC Grandstand SA.

Both speak extremely well. Would love for Sinn to have a clear run at it from here and establish himself as a really good AFL player. Mead and Drew both came good in their fourth-fifth years. Hopefully he does too.

I was also impressed with Jase after the game. Very poised, measured in his comments. Compare to captain Rozee who was a bit all over the shop. Not a judgment on either, but filing away as notable

When the players come out with that much focus and effort, it is hard for anyone not to support them. They deserved it and I wanted it for them.

I must say, I didn't walk away stoked. It was ok, it was a phenomenal performance, despite the fact we nearly still choked, but I just saw the demons of the past. Sicily the new Shuey, etc.

It's so hard to invest in this side when I just have zero trust that we can maintain it for 4 full quarters. But they did, and it was outstanding, so my mind then goes to next week where I just don't believe we can beat Sydney in Sydney in a prelim based on our historical results. Whilst we're doing things the last 7-8 weeks that are defying the trends, but still last week shows how close we are to it all just going wrong again.

Bloody well said ;) but it's 8 quarters that are required from here, not just 4. I too see the ability but have no faith in our system, just too fragile and that is by design.

Yep. The fairest player of all time, Dermott Brereton has joined the list of former Hawk players who think they have earned the right to lecture others on what is righteous on-field behaviour.

Any chance of anyone apart from Port fans call out the blatant hypocrisy of this BS pile-on? And of the AFL swallowing it all in asking for a 'please explain'.

Essendon fans including Gary O’Donnell have been brilliant at calling it out all over twitter (X).

AFLxScore

@AFLxScore
6h
#AFLPowerHawks Final xScores:
PORT 72 from expected 65.2 (+3 rushed)
HAW 72 from expected 58.1 (+0 rushed)

I can't believe that goal Rioli kicked from 2 metres out on the run with a second or two to go in the 2nd quarter is only a 3.98 expected score.
1726292072171.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back