F1 2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yep the fact he was asking himself what else is there to achieve didn't sound great in terms of his future in the sport

I think he just said it again in his interview with rosberg..its hard motivation wise and everything with a car that cant realistically get top 10.
I think if he could have perezs seat he would look to stay but otherwise hes content to retire rather than drive a backmarker car (ie sauber) and i can understand that.

Would be awkward now if they kept him lol

I actually think they will probably ask him to hang around as a reserve driver next year in case checo tanks (and part of that is because they wont promote yuki) but im not sure if he would be willing. Id say he will move on with his life and this is it-the guy can achieve a lot outside f1.

No doubt the call came from Horner "send him out there for a last blast and make it harder for Lando"

This day has been coming, but it's still going to be sad when it does.

That stuff from yuki on the radio i think shows why he isnt going in the main car even if perez gets booted. Quick but not a team player-pretty loose at times.
Remember when they asked Yuki to move aside in a similar situation early in the season and he cracked the shits so bad he very nearly ran Ricciardo off the track? Yeah, can see why RB would have reservations about putting him in the top team

if they lose the constructor's championship surely they will sack Checo. So reckon Dan's a sneaky chance for RB next year.
They knew they were losing the Constructors championship ages ago and have kept him regardless. He'll be there next season.

i think danny ric should do a tour of the big events. do bathurst, le mans, etc. his motorsport life shouldnt end here.

Nascar/indy maybe? Depends if he still has the motivation.

Remember when they asked Yuki to move aside in a similar situation early in the season and he cracked the shits so bad he very nearly ran Ricciardo off the track? Yeah, can see why RB would have reservations about putting him in the top team

Yeah he wouldnt work with max and jos because hes too volatile. Hes quick enough but he wont go into the main team unless max has left and even then i reckon they would promote others ahead of him. So if he wants to get in a top car he will have to move elsewhere.

DR is not volatile like yuki is which is why people like him as a teammate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They knew they were losing the Constructors championship ages ago and have kept him regardless. He'll be there next season.

Stupid but money talks.

Obviously McLaren have the faster car, but with only 41 points separating the two with 6 races to go, I'm not ruling out RB just yet

Well done Dan.

Gah thats heartbreaking.

He was an inspiration to a generation of aussie italian teenagers like me (when i was young haha). I only hope my young boys get as much joy out of watching piastri (for the same reason) when they are older. And hopefully oscar gets blessed with better luck and a faster car than danny did in the second half of his career.

Obviously McLaren have the faster car, but with only 41 points separating the two with 6 races to go, I'm not ruling out RB just yet

Mclaren would have to fall in a heap to lose constructors from him. With red bull not replacing checo they are no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back