2024 Supercoach Exit Meeting/Review

Where Did You Finish The Season Ranking Wise?

• 75001-100000 - You picked all the players from your own team didn't you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100001-125000 - Your Mum picked your team for you.

• 125001-150000 - Created a team, then didn't log in for the rest of the season.

• 150001 plus - It's okay. We won't ask.

• 183,113 - Does your team even exist?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

_Cerberus_

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The sun has finally set on the Supercoach season for the year 2024. Some prick will be $50,000 richer. And the rest of us will be pondering what could have been. The game day threads have been full of good vibes, humor, and well mannered posters. Everyone has shared their triumphs, and their lows. But in the end, no matter how your season fared. The aim of the game is about making $50,0... I mean having lots of fun, and engaging more in teams and players in which you are not a supporter of. Your sworn enemies and most hated players, become your saviors. You feel the conflict in knowing your real life team needs to win, but your opponent in Supercoach has your real life teams best player remaining in your head to head match up.

But just like those players in real life. It is time for that dreaded exit meeting, where we review your teams performance this year.

1. Post your final team
2. As well as post your dashboard.

Then give us a summary on how your season went.

1. The positives from this season? What went right?
2. What about the negatives? What went wrong?
3. Trades you regretted making?
4. Trades you wish you made?
5. Did you win your leagues?
6. Comparisons to your previous season and the target for season 2025?

Last edited:
Reasonably happy with my season. After having once been a regularly top 15,000k finisher. Including a personal best of around 700 and something. I saw myself sitting outside the top 35,000 for the most part the last few years, including a low of 57,000. Perhaps that is due to the increase in playing numbers. But also the introduction of the multiple bye rounds has seen me struggle to nail my team right. Managed to finish inside the top 20,0000 this season, which was my season goal. Thanks to a massive final round score that saw me jump 5000 places.

For the first time ever I navigated the bye rounds well, and my only two donuts happened to be during the regular season. Last year I did not have enough cash generation as the rookies that came in late were poor. So was not able to finish my team as there was no money left two get in the final to premiums. The only negative was starting the season super slow. The best Supercoaches score well from the get go. It is really hard to chase the pack. And my rucks were average for most of the season.

I wanted to upgrade Grundy to Xerri, and Green to someone else. But was forced to replace Sheezel and someone else which left me with no wiggle room for more moves. Had one trade left by no booster. Missed out on 2700 in the final round by picking Moore over Cameron. Was bouncing back and forth between them both as my last forward upgrade.

Did the max 10 leagues, made 8 Grand Finals and won 7 of those from various ladder positions. All thanks to my massive last few weeks of scores. 2500s, 2400s, 2500s and 2600s. The team was peaking right in time for the finals.

Wish I kept Heeney, Gawn, Xerri, Ryan and Neale all from my initial preseason team. Had to spend extra money to get a few in during the season. And wish that I traded a couple of them in sooner as my "corrective" sideways trades. Heeney burnt me a few years in a row. Even when his scores and value kept climbing, I couldn't convice myself to accept him.

Traded out Rankine and Petracca during the season after a slow run of scores. Both went out and started to score well. But in the long run, injuries and suspensions to them both softened the blow a bit.

Honestly I will never win the overall thing. I think next year I will be pretty happy to finish in a simular spot. But I am just in for the ride. It is all good fun in the end.

SC Dashboard.jpg SC TEAM THE FINAL EDITION.jpg

Last edited:

1724632951132.png

1. The positives from this season? What went right? Positive? Trading in Heeney when we went on the heater.
2. What about the negatives? What went wrong? Playing this dumb game. Picking Adam Cerra. Trading out Darcy Wilson. Trading in Rozee. Used too many trade so the back end was cooked.
3. Trades you regretted making? Hindsight? Trading out Darcy Wilson over Mannagh for some dumb reason.
4. Trades you wish you made? Should of traded in Butters over Rozee.
5. Did you win your leagues? Won one cashie out of two purely because I had less donuts.
6. Comparisons to your previous season and the target for season 2025? Don't pick Adam Cerra, pick full pre-season players. Pick Proven premos. Maybe don't go too crazy with the early trades.

1. The positives from this season? What went right? Positive? My starting team. It was quite a good balanced team for my liking, with a lot of midpricers - as MPM all the way baby. The standout was starting with Xerri 😍

• Trading out premos who were not injured - e.g. TGreen in RD15 only to see him score 153 and have a strong finish to the year.
  • Trading in KPFs too early McKay & King
  • Planning and paying up for Serong, Ryan and Gawn - after their byes

3. Trades you regretted making? Burnt too many trades. Two standouts Greene and King - Doh!
4. Trades you wish you made? Should have got a cheap Rozee & Dale.
5. Did you win your leagues? I've won four main GFs and two minor GFs.
6. Comparisons to your previous season and the target for season 2025? I went from 13K to 3K this year, I'm aiming for top 1K next year

1724637013262.png

1724637065713.png

Last edited:
F12ACE5E-300E-4FB9-B927-6B6E5B901530.jpeg

6103A04C-5CE9-4C50-AC90-5F003EFABF3B.jpeg

For the most part, my premos did their jobs. Bringing Xerri was top tier and holding on to Green worked out for me in the end.
Didn’t always make good choices in rookies. Missed some good ones while holding on to some poor ones.
For the second year in a row Gawn tore the league apart, i brought him in, his scores dropped, and he got injured. Also, god damn it Oliver.
Whitfield would have been good to have. Replacing Sheezel with Sinclair was okay but not optimal.
6/8 of them. Feels good.
Target is always top 1000. 2022 I was well inside that, last year I just missed it, this year I scraped in.

1724641905588.png
What went well
Holding Horne-Francis throughout the year was great especially in rounds where guns performed poorly.
Last two captains. Daicos and Butters both scored well. Finished top 15,000 good for my first year
What went poorly
Rucks, Managing my trades had 3 left after the byes. Sheezel injury, running out of money to trade english to a better ruck after he got injured. Dropping boak just before his patch of 100's.
Trades I regretted
ROB, trading out gawn early in the year, Caldwell especially at the end. Too many bench trades.
Trades I wish I made
Xerri in the early stages of this year, Trading out sheezel after injury (had no trades left)
Did I win my leagues
Won the school league and lost in a prelim by like 10 points in the h2h league i was assigned
Comparisons and goal
No comparisons first year, goal for next year about top 5,000 I would say

DR STRANGECROW or " How i learned to stop worrying and use all 5 Boosts before the byes "

Fullscreen capture 26082024 10111 PM.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 26082024 10201 PM.bmp.jpg

Highest rd score - 2,487 ( rd 9 )
Peak Rank - 2,407 ( rd 9 )
Avg score - 2,223

After finishing last year outside the top 30k and dropping from BF Div 1 to Div 14, this year was all about recovery.
I feel i've done that.
Made sure i actually put in some pre-season research ( EDITORS NOTE - By " research " he means " Watching DR's poddy and copying him " )
Went out hard from the word go ( Bit off more than i could chew and chewed like hell ), unfortunately it meant i'd exhausted my boosts before rd11

• starting Wines over Crouch
  • starting Grundy over Xerri
  • Trading Grundy out for sweet, no not at r3 but r2..... which then became English and not Xerri-Marshall
  • Trading D'Ambrosio out for stewart in rd 9 - stewart gets tagged every week henceforth and produces an 84, 75, 110, 76 and 76 before i trade him at the bye for a 60k loss
Chris scott obviously sees this and decides it's the perfect time to throw Tommy on the ball who then proceeds to not go lower than 97 for the next 2 months.
  • D'Ambrosio also rattles off 8 tons to round out the year ffs
  • Curnow - A ****ING MYTH , NEVER AGAIN
  • Ridley - Legit the 4th time he's burnt me - NEVER AGAIN*
  • starting N Martin and Z Fisher, then axing them, then bringing both back
  • F5-6 was a legit biohazard all year

-
Won the ones that mattered, BF div 14 and Crows 1

- My 2nd best ever rank ( #1 being 495th in 2022 ) , anything under top 5k next year will be a let down

Last edited:
1724653410403.png
1724653451537.png

My starting team felt pretty good - Heeney was the standout, but I didn't miss many rookies and my cash gen was much better than previous years. My strategy was to start heavy in defence, quickly upgrade my midfield and look at forwards later in the season which I think worked well up to last third of the year. I also thought about the byes for the first time and held my rank when I usually fall.

Really poor trading decisions. I gave up on some players early, got players in at their max price, and took too many midpricers that failed to deliver. I also never got my rucks sorted and used too many trades with the idea that I had to get to English eventually instead of sticking with my starting ruck Grundy. I ran out of trades and had to field rookies and donuts for too many rounds in the end.

Giving up on Fisher and Martin in the first two weeks. Getting King, Parfitt, Lyons who failed to deliver. Going against my gut and taking Walsh when I had other targets that would've worked out better. Giving up too much to trade in Ryan just before he started to fall.

I was tossing up Caldwell or Rankine which was a costly decision.

Nope, didn't make any grand finals

Despite feeling like I knew what I was doing for the first time this was only 3k better than my previous best season. Best season so far though. I'll have the same target as I did this year - finish in the top 10k

bulgari.png

Screenshot_at_Aug_26_22-19-15.png

boosting sinclair and zorko in the same week gave a massive leg up that propelled me from 18k to 1k pretty quickly over the byes. good bye planning in general was a nice advantage to have

xerri over grundy when gawn went down massive points swing. holding trades which let me cover sheezel / english at the end of the year.

nailed rookies throughout the year which gave me the cash to bring in players i wanted rather than duds at the back end of upgrading

serong over neale. starting stewart. trading young out then back in 3 weeks later. not starting flanders. trading in english over xerri initially. trading in petracca over serong as one of my first upgrades. starting ldu over butters and getting dumped on for 8 weeks. starting martin, trading him out because hes the most ineffective stat padder ive ever seen getting 90sc from 35 touches or whatever only for him to go on a tear after that point.

of these the only real mistake that isnt hindsight is the young trade in and out, trading out martin and trading in english . i hate watching english and think hes crap but got sucked in due to FOMO considering he dropped 140's on my head every week last year.

sweet should have made a lot more money and i had planned for him to do so until hinkley decided to play a rookie over him when he got the flu or whatever. was pretty annoying.

english at r2 instead of marshall / xerri and serong instead of neale / treloar when i seriously considered both.

petracca over serong in like round 7 or something.

boosting to get rid of young and martin only to trade young back in a few weeks later and martin to start dropping monster scores every week.

wish i got neale in before he went nuts.

think trading in dale when he was at absolute rock bottom was something i missed out on. could have easily grabbed dale and another premo in the same week and started putting bulk points on the competition.

lost the brisbane bigfooty league final by 5 points but won the other relevant ones

finished 1036 or something last year. would be nice to push for top 10 next year but realistically think top 1k should be the goal and a lot of the variance once youre that high is luck rather than skill.

1724733158434.png
1724733208918.png

1724733252448.png

Too lazy to answer questions one by one!😁
So I’ll summarize.

Best season for a few years.

Rollercoaster start until my team settled down and had a steady climb for the last third of the season.

Won my cashy for the second year in a row.

Worst trades, Oliver, Rowell and Greene.

Best trades- Sinclair when he bottomed out, Xerri for Gawn, Meek was solid since I grabbed him and saved trades keeping him and Brayshaw and Newman great late season trades.

Cheers you mob! See you next year!🍻🍻🍻🍻

IMG_1739.jpeg IMG_1740.jpeg

Positives from the season:
Trading in a few PODs like Neale and Dunkley (when they were PODs) helped me climb the rankings. Same with Roughying Matt Roberts later in the year as a super POD.

Negatives:
Starting with Newcombe and Wines. Not starting Ryan coz you faults said he was injured

Trades I regret:
Trading in Hogan round 2 just to trade him out a week later
Trading in Kerch to trade him out 2 weeks later
Trading in Matt Crouch

Trades I wish I made:
I wish I traded Heeney in earlier in the year but he has burnt me so many times. I finally got him in after round 14 only for him to average less
I am happy I got Meek but almost got Xerri and kinda wish I did

I didn’t win any leagues.

I finished 19800 last year so I improved slightly. Next year I wanna go with my gut and start guys like Ryan (or whoever my gut tells me to).

Here is my finished lineup

IMG_1741.jpeg IMG_1742.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do..having a good hard look at my team and therefore myself ...a couple of early improvements are apparent.

1. Dye my hair.
2. Eat a baby rhinoceros or 2.
3. Learn to sing some sort of martian language.
4. Get dancers who pretend to sing.
101. Grow back hair.

2025 is my year...be afraid...very very afraid :thumbsu::fire:

1. Post your final team
IMG_3990.jpeg IMG_3991.jpeg

2. As well as post your dashboard.

IMG_3993.jpeg

Started Gawn, Heeney, Flanders, Bont, Daicos, N.Martin, Young, Whitfield, Sheezel, and Steele. I was stoked with all of those picks given their starting prices and eventual output.

2. What about the negatives?
How much time y’all got?
Greene for F7 and Bolton for M9 after their bye for a combined $800k was fairly shite, in hindsight. Mea culpa. Greenes 154 got me a few league wins though

What went wrong?
Lots. Yet I somehow managed to arse my way up to 350th overall due to prioritising a 23rd, 24th, and 25th “premo” to cover each line. Capitulated and checked out in the final two rounds to finish 993rd overall with Sheezel missing, Heeney a late out, Stewart’s 33, Curnow at F7 and a trade up my sleeve.

I’ll let you all be the judges on this one. Put the kettle on. There’s a lot to unpack here.
IMG_3994.jpeg IMG_3995.jpeg IMG_3996.jpeg

Grundy to Xerri in Rd 5

2 out of 6

Up 25k spots from 2023.

As for 2025, anything in the top 5k will be sufficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Supercoach Exit Meeting/Review

Back