USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god Australian politics aren’t like this.
The only good outcome is you get biting satires like Veep. I wholeheartedly recommend watching (or rewatching) it this election season. My wife and I just watched the finale and it contained one of the most disgusting and hilarious rants of the whole series:

"Trust me, he will never see you as anything other than the TGI Friday’s hostess on Proactiv who lets him bend you over his desk while you close your eyes to avoid coming face-to-face with that framed photo of his family’s trip to Aspen while he drowns your Little Mermaid back tat in a pool of jizz and admires his own reflection.

I just hate to see smart women throw away their political careers on powerful men who only see them as the gash of least resistance."

Last edited:
The only good outcome is you get biting satires like Veep. I wholeheartedly recommend watching (or rewatching) it this election season. My wife and I just watched the finale and it contained one of the most disgusting and hilarious rants of the whole series:

Trust me, he will never see you as anything other than the TGI Friday’s hostess on Proactiv who lets him bend you over his desk while you close your eyes to avoid coming face-to-face with that framed photo of his family’s trip to Aspen while he drowns your Little Mermaid back tat in a pool of jizz and admires his own reflection. I just hate to see smart women throw away their political careers on powerful men who only see them as the gash of least resistance.
It's brilliant, Armando Ianucci is the master of insults.

Why has Trum regained a slight lead in the betting odds?

Is is because RFK Jr has threatened to withdraw and endorse Trump?
Most places have Kamala up now, but it's tight as. Ultimately though odds don't mean much it just reflects where people are putting their money, and political betting I'm guessing see's people be even less rationale than sports betting.

Most places have Kamala up now, but it's tight as. Ultimately though odds don't mean much it just reflects where people are putting their money, and political betting I'm guessing see's people be even less rationale than sports betting.
Tight-ish. Looking at Nate Silver's polling just before gives me hope. North Carolina..equal pegging is astounding.

Tight-ish. Looking at Nate Silver's polling just before gives me hope. North Carolina..equal pegging is astounding.
The momentum is certainly all heading her way. Trump is barely functioning in terms of campaigning now. He seems completely devoid of energy and there's still three months to go.

Here's hoping he falls in a massive hole and they get smashed up and down the ballot. Can't face another cliff hanger where it's decided by a hundred thousand votes spread across 3 or 4 states.

The momentum is certainly all heading her way. Trump is barely functioning in terms of campaigning now. He seems completely devoid of energy and there's still three months to go.

Here's hoping he falls in a massive hole and they get smashed up and down the ballot. Can't face another cliff hanger where it's decided by a hundred thousand votes spread across 3 or 4 states.
528 has her up 2.9 points nationally befiore the convention - even some of the Republican pollsters have her up on Trump -that'll blow out to 4 plus after the convention.

528 has her up 2.9 points nationally befiore the convention - even some of the Republican pollsters have her up on Trump -that'll blow out to 4 plus after the convention.
The polls will tighten - particularly if RFK drops out (though the 4.9% polling from RFK won't automatically go to Trump, expect only half as RFK's attractiveness was more disliking the major parties - you would anticipate a number would just not vote if RFK drops).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have 2016 anxiety around the result with Hillary losing the electoral collage after being the obvious choice. Early days but hope for a 3-4% jump in the next few weeks for Kamala's poll numbers.

Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan are the key. North Carolina and one of Nevada, Georgia and Arizona would be the icing.

US Vice President Kamala Harris’ election effort has raised about $US500 million ($741 million) since she became the Democratic presidential candidate, sources told Reuters.

It’s an unprecedented money haul that reflects donor enthusiasm going into the November 5 election.

Four sources familiar with the fundraising effort told Reuters that figure had been banked for Harris in the four weeks since she jumped into the race on July 21.

Campaign cash is critical for advertising and get-out-the-vote efforts that help bring people to the polls and persuade undecided voters to swing a candidate’s way.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back