UK UK general election, July 4

Remove this Banner Ad

SNP leader on BBC looks likes he's about to cry. Decimated in Scotland.
Doesn't want to discuss independence now.

Scottish people are always going to be happier in the UK with Labour in power, a plurality of them anyway.

Lib Dems should notch 70 seats.

Greens also get rural seats in Herefordshire and Suffolk - so will match Reform's seat total.
(To add to the point of this being as much a good day for the Greens as for Reform) even with a couple (? I don't know the number) of Conservative MPs defecting Reform can't win seats so you have to question how significant it really is for Farage's long term ambitions. British people aren't going to turn into far-right fascists just because the Tories had a shocker.

Truss punted by about 600 votes.

She can thank Reform for that. Reform's Tobias McKenzie was only a couple of thousand shy.
The winnning candidate, Terry Jermy for Labour, got a mere 26.5% of the vote. It's a win for Labour, but more a drop in the Conservative vote than a rise in Labour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well their policies were intended to return voters to the 1870s economically trouble it is took 50 years for voters to wake up to it. Neoliberal and austerity politics

Didn’t see much austerity when Clarkson in top gear was swanning around in near million pound sports cars available for sale in England.

Austerity was just for the bottom of soceity.

She can thank Reform for that. Reform's Tobias McKenzie was only a couple of thousand shy.
The winnning candidate, Terry Jermy for Labour, got a mere 26.5% of the vote. It's a win for Labour, but more a drop in the Conservative vote than a rise in Labour.
It's the story of the day.
Reform has been taking votes off the Tories and it's costing the Tories seats.

Are they going to talk about electoral reform yet? Previously it was the left that got punished by First Past The Post, but now it's very much the right.

Not necessarily a good thing, as Starmer isn't the most progressive leader.
Well Albanese was supposed to be, maybe Starmer will go the other way.

All he's really done is let the Conservatives collapse.

Considering how many seats they've won, I've not looked through a lot of seats, but Labour haven't made double digit gains, it's just that Conservatives are falling by so much (mostly because of reform).

That's got to be the funniest lines in this thread.

Just a platform to continue to lie
I probably didn't explain it enough. They actively have to walk around it, and it's just a constant stream of people looking like they'll do anything to avoid going into that horrible thing with the books. And it looks like they put it there to try to trick them to go in, but nobody's taking the bait. I have a theory the books are fake. But nobody would ever know.
1720160769184.png
1720160696547.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back