USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump supporters (and press secretaries) have always lied on Trump's behalf. The reason the politics over there is so toxic right now is that one candidate is a lying rapist felon and was a terrible president. To convince people to vote for him, you're going to have to lie to cover that up.

Unfortunately, the other side has decided to stick with a decent enough guy who is in physical decline. And some of them are trying to cover it up as best they can.

And the ones who support the rapist felon are hell-bent on making it all about Biden, because if they talk about their guy, they're going to have to lie and continue to forego their morals.

In the Obama years (and before), nobody had to lie because it wasn't necessary to lie for the President. (They told lies about wars and stuff, but that's par for the course, they weren't telling lies specifically to protect their guy back then, they were just telling the lies they've always told).

Trump supporters (and press secretaries) have always lied on Trump's behalf. The reason the politics over there is so toxic right now is that one candidate is a lying rapist felon and was a terrible president. To convince people to vote for him, you're going to have to lie to cover that up.

Unfortunately, the other side has decided to stick with a decent enough guy who is in physical decline. And some of them are trying to cover it up as best they can.

And the ones who support the rapist felon are hell-bent on making it all about Biden, because if they talk about their guy, they're going to have to lie and continue to forego their morals.

In the Obama years (and before), nobody had to lie because it wasn't necessary to lie for the President. (They told lies about wars and stuff, but that's par for the course, they weren't telling lies specifically to protect their guy back then, they were just telling the lies they've always told).

I just think its so cute that some Blue Maga still think there is a good guy and a bad guy in this race.....you do realize how corrupt Biden is right? He has a track record of lying about the most basic things when running years ago, so much he had to drop out....
Sure that pales somewhat with Trumps misdeeds, however that doesn't make Biden a 'decent enough guy'. I know its programmed into all of us to have a victim and villain, a persecutor and an innocent, a goodie and a baddie....but this is actual the biggest lie of all that we have been fed and the sooner we all take that power back the better and less divided we will be.

They are all utter deplorables...the question is which one is ever so slightly less deplorable.

Trump supporters (and press secretaries) have always lied on Trump's behalf.

you do realize how corrupt Biden is right?

Right on cue.

No, Biden and Trump aren't in any way equivalent. There's very clearly an absolute gulf between how bad one is versus the other.

Starting with one fundamentally believing in Democracy and the other, not. Which seems a pretty key point when it comes to electing President.

Democratic backsliding is a very real risk, we've already seen the SCOTUS ruling putting the President above most criminal laws so long as they can justify it's an official act. This would have been absolutely unimaginable under Obama.

edit: No, I'm not arguing Biden is the best candidate, he's a poor one, as was Hillary. Trump has faced probably the two weakest Democrat nominees imaginable.

I just think its so cute that some Blue Maga still think there is a good guy and a bad guy in this race.....you do realize how corrupt Biden is right? He has a track record of lying about the most basic things when running years ago, so much he had to drop out....
Sure that pales somewhat with Trumps misdeeds, however that doesn't make Biden a 'decent enough guy'. I know its programmed into all of us to have a victim and villain, a persecutor and an innocent, a goodie and a baddie....but this is actual the biggest lie of all that we have been fed and the sooner we all take that power back the better and less divided we will be.

They are all utter deplorables...the question is which one is ever so slightly less deplorable.
And yet Trump is the only President impeached in the last 2 cycles

Cromer spent 4 years looking for corruption on Hunters laptop he had time to copy all the dick pics for his private bank

And still couldnt find Joe corrupt. Good on him for trying but Joe may be corrupt but nothing has surfaced

So Maga is just a generic pejorative term now? That's interesting.

The point of progressives is that they don't just accept that the US was great once and needs to go back in time to make it great "again".

It's only one side of politics which wants to mire itself in misery and imagine a better past.

Trying to drag down Biden as if he's as bad as Trump is just nonsense. Name one thing Biden has done which has been as bad as anything Trump has done. You can go personal or in office. Trump is twice impeached, convicted felon, racist, rapist, not allowed to run a charity, says awful things about every group and habitual liar. These are all proven things he has done.

The point of progressives is that they don't just accept that the US was great once and needs to go back in time to make it great "again".

It's only one side of politics which wants to mire itself in misery and imagine a better past.

Trying to drag down Biden as if he's as bad as Trump is just nonsense. Name one thing Biden has done which has been as bad as anything Trump has done. You can go personal or in office. Trump is twice impeached, convicted felon, racist, rapist, not allowed to run a charity, says awful things about every group and habitual liar. These are all proven things he has done.

Biden supported some racist policies 30 or so years ago I think. So there's that.

Also HUNTER BIDEN UKRAINE

On the contrary Bourbons. I learnt long ago that 1. it's not allowed to win any arguments against the left on this platform, you'll get banned before you do, and 2. it's not like i'm going to convince anyone on here otherwise. So I just make points around the edges, enjoy the discussion, and read eulogies to the death of decency and reason in global politics.
Dunno mate, this just seems like cover for genuinely terrible posting and debate.

This last exchange a perfect example - you labelled the current WH press sec 'pyschotic' and different from previous ones based on the sheer volume and ease of lying. When reminded that lying is basically any press sec's job and provided an example of one from Trump's admin that had a nickname based on Saddam's propagandist from the Iraq War, your response was to pretend you literally didn't remember her because of some kind of left/democrat-induced psychosis.

Based on the above you're either an utter moron or just posting in bad faith, there is no other option. Suspect its the latter.

Maybe have a go at proving your contention that you aren't allowed to make good right wing arguments by, now stay with me here, actually making a few?

As always, and from memory you're still yet to touch this one for some reason despite being directly asked a few times, one of those guys accepting election results and not actively trying to overturn them is the pertinent differentiator.

So you have fully bought into the us vs them, anointed vs sullied, right side vs wrong side bullshit then.

Has trump been convicted of rape?

Biden:
  • Withdrawal from Afghanistan
  • Southern Border
  • His support of the War in Gaza
  • Energy prices
  • Is a known liar

Now ill wait while you "but trump" to each of these...so tiring and boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, a pretty important one. If you're into the whole democracy thing lol

Based on this alone, the one who still accepts that elections are a thing is a bit more than slightly less deplorable, yeah?

Exactly. This elevates him slightly above trump.....yet still light years into the depths of depraved humans.

So you have fully bought into the us vs them, anointed vs sullied, right side vs wrong side bullshit then.

Has trump been convicted of rape?

Biden:
  • Southern Border
  • His support of the War in Gaza
  • Energy prices
  • Is a known liar

No But Trump just pointing out how laughable these gotchas are

Liar - well sheeit a politician lying
Southern Border - attempted time after time to enter legislation which was rejected by Trumplicans
Energy Prices - would have happened whoever was in charge - its a nothing burger

The only one you really have is Support of Bibi - and that is deplorable - but again given the US-Israel relationship unsurprising and would be in place whatever regime was in charge

Try harder D-

It's a fundamental belief.... not a skill. It wouldn't make me vote for Biden. I've said numerous times, i could not consciously vote for either of them.

But that's the thing. You don't have another option. It's a two-horse race.

One of the two (unless another candidate is parachuted in at the last minute) will be the next US President.

I'm not sure what the 'it's a belief not a skill' bit is meant to tell us. If Biden believed he was the reincarnation of Pol Pot I'd say that would be relevant as to whether I'd vote for him or not.

Southern Border - attempted time after time to enter legislation which was rejected by Trumplicans
Energy Prices - would have happened whoever was in charge - its a nothing burger

The only one you really have is Support of Bibi - and that is deplorable - but again given the US-Israel relationship unsurprising and would be in place whatever regime was in charge

Try harder D-

This idea that Trump would somehow be any different on support for Israel is laughable. He moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem in what was possibly the most pro-Israel move of any modern President.

The US political position of almost unconditional support for Israel and whatever they're doing is deplorable. I don't believe Biden or Trump would fundamentally differ on their approach. I do believe Trump would be more open to being bribed to swing one way or another which probably favours Israel. Same as he'll take Russian money to the detriment of Ukraine.

You might like to do some further reading on this one.

As part of the United States–Taliban deal, the Trump administration agreed to an initial reduction of US forces from 13,000 to 8,600 troops by July 2020, followed by a complete withdrawal by 1 May 2021

At the start of the Biden administration, there were 2,500 US soldiers remaining in Afghanistan

The Taliban began a final offensive on 1 May and, on 8 July, Biden moved up the completion date to 31 August.[13][14] There were about 650 US troops in Afghanistan in early August 2021

No need to do each, just one point will do - you seem to have left one rather obvious dot point off Biden's list ("still recognises that elections are a thing").

It's a fundamental belief.... not a skill.
Now you're getting it :thumbsu:

Exactly. This elevates him slightly above trump.....yet still light years into the depths of depraved humans.
Ha, I'd suggest a fundamental belief in democracy elevates him a whole lot more than slightly in this case, considering the guy he's up against :drunk:

Try harder D-

• So when Trump lies its the wors thing in the world...but when Biden lies its "well sheeit he is a politician"
  • I would lay the blame at both parties, but i doubt you will concede this.
  • Cancelling projects like the Keystone pipeline has not helped.
  • Afghanistan?

No need to resort to personal attack. Its weak bro.

You might like to do some further reading on this one.

What is it with you guys and shirking the responsibility that comes with leadership? It happened under Bidens watch was botched and people died. Its on him, good leadership takes the most responsibility and least amount of credit. Just like plenty of shit that happened during Trumps presidency is on him. The rules don't change just because you like a particular candidate.

• So when Trump lies its the wors thing in the world...but when Biden lies its "well sheeit he is a politician"
No of course not. Where did I say that
  • I would lay the blame at both parties, but i doubt you will concede
When one party has a solution and the other doesnt even consider it then no you dont lay the blame at both parties
  • Cancelling projects like the Keystone pipeline has not helped.
Keystone has a long history which has proponents on both sides. Im not sure a proposal signed Day 1 of Biden has had any effect - while some argue that an increase in oil prices would occur
  • Afghanistan?
What about it? Its already been shown to you its a joint issue between both Presidents
No need to resort to personal attack. Its weak bro.
Lol what personal? Did you cry when the teacher wrote bad things on your report card?

Report it if you feel upset

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back