USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Except when it comes to the SCOTUS, the third pillar of Democracy, of course. Democtrats have problems only with democratic institutions they don't control. Otherwise I agree with you.
Calling the current incarnation of SCOTUS a democratic institution is quite the take.

3 appointees installed by a bloke who lost 2 popular votes, shortly after the GOP blocked established process to prevent a Democrat nomination :drunk:

Calling the current incarnation of SCOTUS a democratic institution is quite the take.

3 appointees installed by a bloke who lost 2 popular votes, shortly after the GOP blocked established process to prevent a Democrat nomination :drunk:

Meh, if it was 3 appointees installed by Obama or Biden then I bet you wouldn't be saying that. Sour grapes and all.

Trump was invited by the families of the troops. Biden and Harris were not invited. Biden spent the day on the beach Harris..did stuff.

This is what the families posted:

On the three-year anniversary of the Abbey Gate bombing, the president and his team conducted themselves with nothing but the utmost respect and dignity for all of our service members, especially our beloved children,” the group said in a statement posted on the campaign’s social media accounts.

The group said they had given the Trump campaign permission to photograph and record the event “ensuring these sacred moments of remembrance were respectfully captured.”
Inviting him is all well and good, but I'm not sure why the family (or team Trump) thought that gives them the power to grant access/permission to photograph any area of Arlington cemetery they see fit for a PR stunt when they had explicitly been told otherwise.

The US army itself (ya know, the people who run the place?) certainly seem to have some issues with it.

Last edited:
Inviting him is all well and good, but I'm not sure why the family (or team Trump) thought that gives them the power to grant access/permission to photograph any area of Arlington cemetery they see fit.
I'd imagine if you came from the sort of family who'd invite Trump to your grave for a photo op death must have come as a relief.

So? The families know how to best honour and remember their killed sons and daughters on the anniversarey of their deaths due to the incompetence of the Biden and Harris administration. If they're ok with it why should anybody else care?
Is this a serious post? :tearsofjoy:

What if the family of a fallen soldier decides the best way to honour them is to hold a monster truck rally and cookout at the cemetery? The family is all good with it so no one else including other families with members buried there should care right? lol

Wouldn't have thought a ban on political activity at a famous military cemetery would be that much of a head scratcher but here we are :drunk:

What if the family of a fallen soldier decides the best way to honour them is to hold a monster truck rally and cookout at the cemetery? The family is all good with it so no one else including other families with members buried there should care right? lol

Wouldn't have thought a ban on political activity at a famous military cemetery would be that much of a head scratcher but here we are :drunk:
two thumbs up

Nobody held a monster truck rally. They invited the President. The military is free to charge them with a crime. I'm sure that will go down well.

It means what it says. The families invited Trump. The families gave permission for the photos.
Doesnt matter what the family gave permission to do. Its illegal to do so at Arlington. I can forgive the families for not knowing but when a member of the Arlington Trust and Army says '' no'' you stop.

Wouldnt you think thats a standard courtesy?
As for your other point, how much worse could have it been had the withdrawl been delayed a little longer but better prepared? Take off your blue glasses for a minute and think!
I dont know - what I do know if it was rushed, delayed or not done you would be bleating about it

Take off the red glasses and stop drinking the kool aid

Doesnt matter what the family gave permission to do. Its illegal to do so at Arlington. I can forgive the families for not knowing but when a member of the Arlington Trust and Army says '' no'' you stop.

Wouldnt you think thats a standard courtesy?

I think there is a context to everything and there are always exceptions in the correct context.

I dont know - what I do know if it was rushed, delayed or not done you would be bleating about it

Take off the red glasses and stop drinking the kool aid

There's a way to do it and way not to. Cutting and running isn't the way to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really are and so they should. She speaks to adults like she speaks to primary school children or muddles some word salad that she thinks is something profound.

Her analysis of the war in Ukraine: Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that's wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.

Her response to not going to the border: "YOU haven't been to the border". "I haven't been to Europe either. I don't understand the question."

On woke culture: "We have to stay woke. Like everybody needs to be woke. And you can talk about if you're the wokest or woker, but just stay more woke than less woke"

On cloud storage "So given where we are now, so no longer are you necessarily keeping those private files in some file cabinet that's locked in the basement of the house. It's on your laptop, and it's then therefore up here in this cloud that exists above us"

To laugh and enjoy more quotes brought to you by the one and only Kemala:

One wonders why the GOP aren't hiding Trump in that case. Those ramblings are positively Churchillian compared to what the orange roughy pumps out daily.

Meh, if it was 3 appointees installed by Obama or Biden then I bet you wouldn't be saying that. Sour grapes and all.
Correct I probably woudn't, coz they won the popular vote.

And McConnell blocking Obama's nomination a year out from the election then ramming through Donnie's pick in a month, any thoughts?

stefcep said:
Her analysis of the war in Ukraine:
Anyone can sound odd when you clip them out of context.

stefcep said:
primary school children or muddles
What are you even talking about? So cRaZy what you just said! It makes no sense at all!1!!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :mushroom: :pizza: 🪳

Meh if Trump didn't sexually assault those women we wouldn't call him a rapist. But here we are.

No its true. She's as dumb as a door knob.

When is your BAR exam?

Nobody held a monster truck rally. They invited the President. The military is free to charge them with a crime. I'm sure that will go down well.
Its an example to illustrate how ridiculous your argument is (family being in favour of it means everyone else should be too). Their family member is buried there, but so are a lot of other people. They can invite whoever they want, but its not the family's property or their decision to make. Honestly pretty mind boggling you don't seem to get this :drunk:

And still with the family being charged lol. No one is suggesting they should be, they didn't push the employee out of the way and stage the photo op. I can only assume you're being deliberately obtuse at this point.

And so the scandal for this week's media cycle is...
spins wheel
squints

... taking photos at a cemetery.
Exactly right m8.

Should have been yet another standard Donnie moment, everyone rolls their eyes at the sheer stupidity and oafishness of the bloke and moves on. Yet there are plonkers actually trying to defend it, unreal :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back