2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely week 1 Finals Fixture
SATURDAY
First Elimination Final

Southport vs Frankston at Fankhauser Reserve 12:05pm - AFL App
First Qualifying Final
Werribee vs Geelong at Avalon Airport Oval 12:05pm - 7mate(7plus)
2nd Qualifying Final
Footscray vs Brisbane at Whitten Oval 12:05pm - AFL App
2nd Elimination Final
Box Hill Hawks vs Williamstown at Fenjiu Stadium 3:05pm - 7mate(7plus)
You're pretty much spot on. Just like last year they'll put all 4 games on Saturday because the AFL want people to go to AFLW on Sunday. I don't agree with that at all, if people wanna go to AFLW over VFL good luck to them.

Firstly, congrats to Frankston, a big win up in the warmth of the GC, against the odds and overcoming a big 3Qt deficit.

Made the tough choice of going to Ballarat to watch the Dogs on Sunday, but kept up to date by my Willy mates. A 47-2 first quarter settled the nerves pretty quickly then outscored Richmond against the breeze in the 2nd, game over at HT.

Good to see Willy finding some of their early season form, felt their season was slipping away a month ago. A Footscray final at midday and rushing out to BH by 3pm on Saturday could be on the cards.

Tough trip to BH for Willy, won there last year but eaten comfortably there 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Does anyone fancy a lower ranked team causing an upset today?

All the home teams / higher ranked teams look pretty strong in these h2h match ups.
Cats maybe in windy conditions. Have De Koning in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was bracing for a game like this. Always going to be hard to go up against a club like Southport in conditions like this. I think it's mainly the difference in composure between a team who's been in the finals for a few years and a team who's new to it. The composure under pressure hasn't been there today.

People in here who either didn’t watch or ignored Brisbane getting three quarters of the rub of the green complaining on one decision at the end that was correct. Lol.
I watched the whole game, the last free stands out because of the clock. I think the umpiring was what it was, but that last one was telling.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back