Game Day 2024 Week 06 Essendon v Swans 2 Oct 7:15 @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 9th v. Swans 11th
We need an all round effort across the ground to cover outs of Morphett, Molloy and Ham.

Swans Game Day Hub

AFLW Game Day
Travel by train
Mission Whitten Oval is next door to West Footscray train station – only five stops from Flinders Street station on the Sunbury Line.​
On arrival, a 100-metre stroll will get you to Gate 3 on Cross St.​
Keep an eye out for signage to find your way.​

#C#CheerThis

Swans are coming off a disappointing loss, in which the Western Bulldogs ran over the top of them late. Sydney's ball use coming out of defence has been a real problem for the side. It doesn't have the players in defence that can reliably hit a target by foot, and too often attempt to pick off a risky switch deep in the back 50

This could be a rough watch for the rest of the year. We definitely have the top end talent but with a lot of injuries the next up definitely are younger and drop away

This could be a rough watch for the rest of the year. We definitely have the top end talent but with a lot of injuries the next up definitely are younger and drop away
This season is a write-off, results wise. But there's a silver lining in the form of a high draft pick in what is meant to be a strong year and the first truly national draft for the AFLW.

There's also a chance to see which of our more talented younger players can step up and fill the gaps. So far I've been pretty happy with Hurley. She's not suddenly turned into a star, but she's continuing on her trajectory from the last two years.

Does anyone know what's up with Ham? I had dramas getting into the ground last week, and circumstances meant I was only partly paying attention to the game. I remember being upset that Ham was so quiet, but wasn't paying enough attention to realise why. When I did realise why, after the game, I presumed she'd been rested for this match. But clearly not.

Her injury issues are proving to be as frustrating as those of Sheldrick.

This season is a write-off, results wise. But there's a silver lining in the form of a high draft pick in what is meant to be a strong year and the first truly national draft for the AFLW.

There's also a chance to see which of our more talented younger players can step up and fill the gaps. So far I've been pretty happy with Hurley. She's not suddenly turned into a star, but she's continuing on her trajectory from the last two years.

Does anyone know what's up with Ham? I had dramas getting into the ground last week, and circumstances meant I was only partly paying attention to the game. I remember being upset that Ham was so quiet, but wasn't paying enough attention to realise why. When I did realise why, after the game, I presumed she'd been rested for this match. But clearly not.

Her injury issues are proving to be as frustrating as those of Sheldrick.
Wondering if she was still recovering from that heavy knock the other week.

After posting I went and read something (either a match report from last week or a team selection article for this week) and it mentioned "foot soreness".
From the Injury report...
Montana reported foot soreness following the Swans Round 4 game against GWS. She will be a test to play Round 6B vs Geelong.

So glad we have Tarrant back. We really missed her last week.

That was a bad miss by Privitelli. Very unlike her.

Hurley has started well.

Umpiring is crap again.

Terrible kick inside 50. Should have gone straight to Privitelli. Bombers then take it all the way forward for a goal.

Terrible kick inside 50. Should have gone straight to Privitelli. Bombers then take it all the way forward for a goal.

Story of the year

Say this with love and I love Montana as a person and when she plays but at what point do we say what’s the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay we scored! Much better kick to Privitelli. I was concerned when she went around the corner because last week when she did that, she rushed it and missed.

What a rubbish HTB, she had no prior! And before that the Essendon player wouldn't give the ball to us after the free and it should've been 50.

Haha another melee! It would have been good to actually see the Prespakis incident.

Girls are putting in at least that’s all I ask the rest of the year lost too many players unfortunately

I reckon Lochland is sadly past it. Needs to pass the keys to youngster even midfields that can be blooded in as small forwards

That was a poor kick from Mitchell, great effort though girls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Week 06 Essendon v Swans 2 Oct 7:15 @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back