Under Age 2025 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Much appreciated.. So this year 2024 ( in basic terms ) isn't a super draft, it's just basically the 2nd & 3rd & 4th round are all even...
Quite even with lots of good players where in some forms people are calling it a super draft.

I think 2025 will be better than this year.

We must take into account that Allies, WA and Vic Metro are already looking super good.

Not all the names may come from the usual souces but the names are certainly there.

We just have to look in different areas to find the gold.

2025 for mine has a pointier top end but less depth than this year
At this time last year I don't think we were viewing the 2024 draft class as this incredibly deep and rich pool of talent. It became that as kids continued to put their hands up across the season.

Its typically the elite talents that force themselves into prominent roles in their bottom age campaign, but then the deeper prospects often emerge more in their top-age campaign with increased opportunity and perhaps another pre-season, another year of physical maturity etc.

In fact, I remember many people being worried about how poor the academy squad looked in those games and were concerned even then that this was going to be a poor draft class. The idea of this being a deep draft didnt start to become discussed until a few weeks into the champs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Under Age 2025 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back