Under Age 2025 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on last year's AFL National Academy list announcement, the 2025 list should be announced in about a months time. I wonder if Kalani White will get in because of Nepotism?

SA should be solid enough, not a standout like 2018 but likely better than last year and this year. Some good underage kids to come in to compliment the decent top end in Sharp, Cumming and BOB.
OK, thanks mate. I hope in that case that I haven't gotten ahead of myself with WA being a title contender. I don't think I have but maybe I should pull back a bit. However I like the list we have here.

OK, thanks mate. I hope in that case that I haven't gotten ahead of myself with WA being a title contender. I don't think I have but maybe I should pull back a bit. However I like the list we have here.
Unlikely mate, I think WA will have a more even side than SA next year.

Addinsall did win best player of the comp in under 16 champs and has consistently been picked in the gold coast side also I think he has been playing VFL and has at least been playing seniors for Broadbeach he is a clever player a bit a good running player with muscle
Seems to be ticking all the boxes that you would expect for a first round pick - U15 AA, U16 AA + MVP, U17 Futures MVP, senior QAFL debut as a bottom ager, VFL debut as a bottom ager etc. He actually played 8 VFL games this year along with a further 3 QAFL seniors games so he's getting plenty of exposure to footy against grown men. Add in his rep + school games this year and it's been a very busy season for Addinsall. I'm sure he'll be added to the national academy after his U17 s Futures game performance and, as is usually the case for most juniors from northern states, I think his performances for the Allies in the national championships next year will likely determine where he lands in the draft.

Based on last year's AFL National Academy list announcement, the 2025 list should be announced in about a months time. I wonder if Kalani White will get in because of Nepotism?
He's been selected in virtually every rep team possible, even though his performances haven't really warranted it. He was even selected to play for the Allies as a bottom ager this year and looked very out of place. Fair to assume he's going to be selected in the national academy in a month from now.

Seems to be ticking all the boxes that you would expect for a first round pick - U15 AA, U16 AA + MVP, U17 Futures MVP, senior QAFL debut as a bottom ager, VFL debut as a bottom ager etc. He actually played 8 VFL games this year along with a further 3 QAFL seniors games so he's getting plenty of exposure to footy against grown men. Add in his rep + school games this year and it's been a very busy season for Addinsall. I'm sure he'll be added to the national academy after his U17 s Futures game performance and, as is usually the case for most juniors from northern states, I think his performances for the Allies in the national championships next year will likely determine where he lands in the draft.

He's been selected in virtually every rep team possible, even though his performances haven't really warranted it. He was even selected to play for the Allies as a bottom ager this year and looked very out of place. Fair to assume he's going to be selected in the national academy in a month from now.
he will most likely be picked any way as apart from Zeke he is the gold coats prospect they have been putting a lot of effort into being given added things and courses to improve his transition to the AFL the VFL games support that. the lions do the same but hide their players that are upcoming tom Gillet who plays Sherwood seniors is an example this leads to players being blindsided.

To me it was a fairly deep draft from quite some time ago (a good year) So much so that I made a point of trading all my fantasy picks for future picks a year out in my keeper leagues as the depth was quite apparent early on. I think perhaps the third and 4th round depth has become a lot more apparent as you say in recent times. You will be hard pressed to find a more rounded draft than this year in recent times. If there's ever gunna be some guns picks up in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds etc, it will be this year. There's always ebbs and flows from year to year of types of player KP, mids, flankers etc.
The 2023 futures game standard and the vic metro v country cliffhanger at marvel this year were 2 of the better standard junior games I’ve seen demonstrating the depth of the 2024 draft

The 2024 futures game didn’t impress me near as much but do agree there’s high talent at pointy end and sharp is way better than the no 1 pick this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Under Age 2025 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back