Remove this Banner Ad

Cowan Weitering Newman
Houston KPD* Saad
Hollands Cripps Acres
Elijah Harry Rosas
Motlop Charlie Williams
TDK Walsh Hewett

IC and Depth -

Cerra, McGovern, Silvagni, Kemp, Durdin, Fantasia, Fogarty, Docherty, Cincotta, Boyd, Pitto, Haynes, Moir, Cottrell, Lord and Binns

Prospects/VFL Depth

Ben Campo
Lucas Campo
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Sam Durdin
Rob Monaghan
Billy Wilson
Matt Carroll
Hudson O’Keefe
Harry Lemmey

Cowan Weitering Newman
Houston KPD* Saad
Hollands Cripps Acres
Elijah Harry Rosas
Motlop Charlie Williams
TDK Walsh Hewett

IC and Depth -

Cerra, McGovern, Silvagni, Kemp, Durdin, Fantasia, Fogarty, Docherty, Cincotta, Boyd, Pitto, Haynes, Moir, Cottrell, Lord and Binns

Prospects/VFL Depth

Ben Campo
Lucas Campo
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
Sam Durdin
Rob Monaghan
Billy Wilson
Matt Carroll
Hudson O’Keefe
Harry Lemmey
Remove Rosas from the equation, requested to turn up for pre-season at GCFC (in tip-top condition).

Haynes Weitering C Daniel
Laverde SDK Houston
Shiel Cripps H Reid
Stringer Curnow Hayward
Rosas McKay Rachelle
TDK Petracca Walsh
Bench: B Campo, L Campo, O Hollands, E Hollands

Emg: Binns was left out...

Mods, is there a way to ban yourself? Asking for a friend...

Shiel as well ffs

banning super mario GIF

With the current list...

Cowan Young McGovern
Saad Weitering Wilson
Acres Cripps Docherty
E Hollands Kemp Williams
Moir Curnow McKay
DeKoning Walsh Cerra
Newman Lord Hewett Hollands
Binns Motlop Owies

expecting some players to come in and make an immediate impact.

Defence
I don't mind the backline. Has some depth with Boyd and Cincotta in reserve. Young finished the season reasonably well but I think we will upgrade on him and so we should. Som youth should come in and we may see Houston come in if rumours are true. He and Saad would top us off for run and rebound.

Midfield
Our midfield is white bread with something fancy to garnish it. The top is nice, the bottom is pretty plain. Cripps and Walsh are a prime core. Cerra even at his best is just a good B+ grade mid and doesn't offer a point of difference. He's one paced. Hewett is very slow and immobile but a good general player. Lord makes a point of difference. He's a good general player but unlike the other operates at a high tackle count. It's a skill we don't have, he can catch people. Who can we land? Petracca would be nice. We could get Barassi out of them, surely we can do the same with Petracca. If we landed a player like that, he would make a huge difference. That burst speed and ability to go forward would be amazing. He would replace Hewett, not Lord, we need what Lord offers. The wings are ok. I expect Hollands to rotate with the wings and half backs.

Forward
It's much like the midfield. The top is great, the bottom, not so much. I'm looking forward to Kemp forward. Think he offers a lot and will really fit in nicely with Curnow and Mckay. I want him roaming the half forward line. Using his speed and marking skills. He's a good player who we have held back making him negative. Hollands can only half play forward and same with Williams, hoping they go to another level next season. Moir is a genuine forward and massive talent. We really need some real forwards coming in. I think one of those mids needs to be able to play forward.

Ideally I'd like to see E Hollands move into the middle and play part time forward and a genuine half forward go into that spot.

Trades
I don't think it's a bad side. It's just a bit slow where it needs to be quicker. If we had the option of one gun player it has to be Petracca, solves multiple issues, leg speed lack of a forward/mid. We will probably get Haynes for nothing and he can play in defence. Houston? He'd fit nicely too but these things have limits. Hopefully we can get some good cheap forwards as well. Can we get the lot? Not having a second rounder stings, 1st and F1st would probably do for Petracca if it's as bad as what was reported. 2nd and future second would probably get Houston. Haynes for nothing. What will Owies and Kennedy get us?

We aren't far off it, but there are plenty of other sides in the same boat. This is where we need to be really good and finish off this list build.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2025 - Best 23 + Emergencies - Rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back