Prediction 2025 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed they are both dogshit timeshots, but a small mercy is that Channel 7 do not like to have to broadcast often from outside Melbourne, and a late game here would be too late for prime time over east and flights for players back. So its unlikely imo they would be WA games.

If CH7 are asking for a Sunday night game to broadcast it’ll be because of the ratings potential they see

What they won’t then want is one of the two non- competitive sides of the last 3 years

I find the most obvious fixture hole being Friday night double headers at the start of the season before DS ends. One on the east and one in Perth.

There’s a risk day games are too hot so you start one 7:30AEDT and 7:10WST

Sure kids on the east coast might not watch, but adults will watch at home and at the pub.

I find the most obvious fixture hole being Friday night double headers at the start of the season before DS ends. One on the east and one in Perth.

Sure kids on the east coast might not watch, but adults will watch at home and at the pub.

For our home games we will get the usual sunday arvo timeslot...the occasional saturday arvo timeslot. I cant see us getting any saturday night games. Maybe 1 or 2 friday nights where its a double up.

For our away games it will be that saturday morning spot or first up sunday.

If CH7 are asking for a Sunday night game to broadcast it’ll be because of the ratings potential they see

What they won’t then want is one of the two non- competitive sides of the last 3 years
As it is currently there is multiple games crossing over on sunday.
If they added the sunday night game they could have 3 consecutive games on Sunday that don't overlap at all.

Otherwise they have to keep splitting the viewer base

This is a fixturing ‘no-brainer’ - three hour time difference. Could almost fit two full games in - less the bull dust pre-game stuff.

AFL/Ch7 tried a Friday night double-header (or two) last year but after DS had finished. And to think these allegedly clever people know how to maximise TV audience and viewer numbers.

Struggle to see WA getting Sunday night games - too late in eastern states methinks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2025 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back