2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Prexm

All Australian
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
At this early stage.
Murphy off Dean possible promotion. Leaves 2 draft picks like last year.
Rookie - off Carmichael Dean on 2 msd picks Smit and Long

So we currently have the maximum 42 plus Cat B Parker

At this early stage.
Murphy off Dean possible promotion. Leaves 2 draft picks like last year.
Rookie - off Carmichael Dean on 2 msd picks Smit and Long

So we currently have the maximum 42 plus Cat B Parker
I think the rookie list rules have changed allowing Dean to stay on for another year rather than a compulsory promotion.

Also pretty sure Long was only on a 6 month contract so he’s an a contracted player . Might be retained but no guarantee

According to footy wire, current list of out-of-contract players …

Begg
Dean
Bytel

Howe (Listed as out of contract, but we heard he hit triggers a while back)
Richards
Carmichael
Eyre
Sullivan
Krueger

Murphy
Long
Markov (He has a contract for 2025)
Steene (mentioned a while back he’d been re-signed)
McInnis
Sidebottom (recently mentioned he’s re-signed)
WHE (Was announced as signing on a while ago)

Last edited:

According to footy wire, current list of out-of-contract players …

Begg
Dean
Bytel
Howe (Listed as out of contract, but we heard he hit triggers a while back)
Richards
Carmichael
Eyre
Sullivan
Krueger
Murphy
Long
Markov
Steene (mentioned a while back he’d been re-signed)
McInnis
Sidebottom (recently mentioned he’s re-signed)
WHE (Was announced as signing on a while ago)
I think markov signed recently.

I think the rookie list rules have changed allowing Dean to stay on for another year rather than a compulsory promotion.

Also pretty sure Long was only on a 6 month contract so he’s an a contracted player . Might be retained but no guarantee
With no first rounder , thought we would only take 2 picks so we would have to elevate a rookie to make the maximum 3. Thought Dean was the most likely.

I’d be saying thanks for coming to Bytel. Probably Long, too.

I also would have retired off markov but it seems he’s contracted another year
We currently have 7 rookies (excluding Cat B). Dean will definitely be kept and likely promoted.

Of the remaining 6. Smit stays for sure.

Not sure how many of the other 5 we keep - Begg Eyre Sullivan Long and Bytel

Do we replace some of them and look at SSP again or do we possibly put some players on the Rookie list like AJ if we can’t offload him given he is contracted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We currently have 7 rookies (excluding Cat B). Dean will definitely be kept and likely promoted.

Of the remaining 6. Smit stays for sure.

Not sure how many of the other 5 we keep - Begg Eyre Sullivan Long and Bytel

Do we replace some of them and look at SSP again or do we possibly put some players on the Rookie list like AJ if we can’t offload him given he is contracted.
Begg and Bytel to go and arguably Long as well. I’d be happy to retain AJ on a rookie list if he doesn’t find another club. Therefore no need to promote Dean unless it’s to tick a box re the rules.

I believe he's eligible to be signed as a Cat B rookie to us at the end of this month. I do also believe he will be with us next year....
I'm pretty sure I read he's committed to finishing the 2024/25 NCAA season, which finishes in March 2025, possibly the academic year as well which finishes May or June 2025. So you'd expect he won't actually be present until between March to June 2025. However, as he is playing College Basketball he'll obviously be quite fit, and you would presume that once he signs with us he could start doing some Football training with us even though he'll be overseas.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back