2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumors of Noble to GC
Huge doubt on that one, he has a concrete spot in the side and has even shown he can play on the wing aswell.

Far too important to our ball movement and the way we play to be letting him go. He's immensely underrated by our fan base, he's one of our better ball users.

GC wouldn't offer us anywhere near what he'd be valued internally.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe the club is assessing players in positions that are the most expendable. Half backs, particularly with Jaicos now making that position his own, may see us move on a Noble....
We've found that we can interchange jaicos + sidey with Quaynor and nobs in recent weeks

Nobs averages our most effective kicks per game, 2nd for DE% of players with significant games played, is in our top players for metres gained. He's really important to how we play

None of this is new either, was similar last year, people rewrote history and there's been a real Mandela affect about his ball use

Huge doubt on that one, he has a concrete spot in the side and has even shown he can play on the wing aswell.

Far too important to our ball movement and the way we play to be letting him go. He's immensely underrated by our fan base, he's one of our better ball users.

GC wouldn't offer us anywhere near what he'd be valued internally.

I’d hate to lose Noble, but every player has their value. Plus we need to trade to get better - we can’t presently do much through the draft because we don’t have much in the way of draft picks. We currently have picks 34, 48 and 52. That’s it.

GC currently have picks 6, 12, 20, 26, 33, 46 and 69.

If any team could package up a deal for Noble it’s GC.

Last edited:

I’d hate to lose Noble, but every player has their value. Plus we need to trade get better - we can’t presently do much through the draft because we don’t have much in the way of draft picks. We currently have picks 34, 48 and 52. That’s it.

GC currently have picks 6, 12, 20, 26, 33, 46 and 69.

If any team could package up a deal for Noble it’s GC.
They wouldn't be offering us either of their picks in the 20s for him. And pick 33 wouldn't be moving us up in the draft - I also think he's just too valuable to the team than to get a pick that will likely be 3rd round by the time f/s and academies come through.

They're going to be spending big on rioli anyway, they won't be going after Noble

They wouldn't be offering us either of their picks in the 20s for him. And pick 33 wouldn't be moving us up in the draft - I also think he's just too valuable to the team than to get a pick that will likely be 3rd round by the time f/s and academies come through.

They're going to be spending big on rioli anyway, they won't be going after Noble

Which players of reasonable interest to other clubs would you trade out to get the currency we need to improve our list?

What draft range are their zone players rated this year? If it’s high again they’ll be looking to push the 20s picks back for points. Perhaps a package deal including pick/s back their way.

Which players of reasonable interest to other clubs would you trade out to get the currency we need to improve our list?
Not Noble, we would only be getting a dud pick, which wouldn't be helping improve our list

Ultimately, most of our senior list will be retained, and most of the players we will bring in will be FA, DFA and via SSP and scouting store leagues.

Drafting a bunch of late picks is not how you "improve" a list that if fit is still in the premiership window

What draft range are their zone players rated this year? If it’s high again they’ll be looking to push the 20s picks back for points. Perhaps a package deal including pick/s back their way.
Still not worth it, wouldn't be improving our list to let him go, almost zero chance we'd draft a player outside the top 20 that would be a net positive to him leaving.

We aren't going to be going big at the draft, 2-3 draftees maximum. Probably won't be alot of list turnover

Still not worth it, wouldn't be improving our list to let him go, almost zero chance we'd draft a player outside the top 20 that would be a net positive to him leaving.

We aren't going to be going big at the draft, 2-3 draftees maximum. Probably won't be alot of list turnover

I’m not a big draft watcher, but supposedly the talent goes beyond pick 20 this year. With an ageing list we need to start planning for the future before Tassie comes in. Improving our draft position gives us a better chance of that.

I’m not a big draft watcher, but supposedly the talent goes beyond pick 20 this year. With an ageing list we need to start planning for the future before Tassie comes in. Improving our draft position gives us a better chance of that.
The fear mongering on our list profile has been crazy all year and most people have fallen for.

I can tell you, we won't be taking heaps of picks to the draft, it simply isn't the way you maintain and produce a good list.

This year won't be big for us at the draft

Not Noble, we would only be getting a dud pick, which wouldn't be helping improve our list

Ultimately, most of our senior list will be retained, and most of the players we will bring in will be FA, DFA and via SSP and scouting store leagues.

Drafting a bunch of late picks is not how you "improve" a list that if fit is still in the premiership window

Us punters always have an elevated opinion of our players.

Unless we have the best list in the comp (we don’t) then there is always scope to trading players to improve the list.

Noble is a great player, and I agree he’s undervalued outside of the club. But I’d happily trade Nick Daicos if it meant making our list better.

The fear mongering on our list profile has been crazy all year and most people have fallen for.

I can tell you, we won't be taking heaps of picks to the draft, it simply isn't the way you maintain and produce a good list.

This year won't be big for us at the draft

Yeah, I agree I’d be surprised if we took more than a couple of picks. Where I differ is trading replaceable player/s with value to shift those picks higher.

Whether that includes Noble I don’t have insight on. As a player I like his run and he seems a good clubman. He’s 28 at the start of next year though and I can’t see his footy improving significantly from now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us punters always have an elevated opinion of our players.

Unless we have the best list in the comp (we don’t) then there is always scope to trading players to improve the list.

Noble is a great player, and I agree he’s undervalued outside of the club. But I’d happily trade Nick Daicos if it meant making our list better.
Arguably we still have one of the best lists in the league, atleast one of the best groups of 26-28 players

We've had alot of them out. If jdg, Elliot, mihocek, mcstay and Mitchell were all fit this year, the team would've looked alot better

There's basically zero way that we improve our list by seeing Noble leave. You couldn't get a net positive return for him

Yeah, I agree I’d be surprised if we took more than a couple of picks. Where I differ is trading replaceable player/s with value to shift those picks higher.

Whether that includes Noble I don’t have insight on. As a player I like his run and he seems a good clubman. He’s 28 at the start of next year though and I can’t see his footy improving significantly from now though.
He's contract til he's 30 at a club well within the premiership window. There's zero way that he'd want to leave, so it wouldn't happen.

There's zero conceivable way that the list becomes a net positive outcome from trading him.

He isn't replaceable. He is an integral part of how we play, and it's noticeable that when he plays well we play well.

This season:
No.2 for effective kicks in the team per game (0.3 off naicos)
No.3 for effective disposals per gams
No.2 for disposal efficiency for players with 10+ games played
No. 5 for metres gained per game
No. 4 defensive half pressure acts per game (most by a defender)

Last season
No.2 for effective kicks per game
No.5 for disposal efficiency by players with 10+ games
No.3 for metres gained per game
No.3 for defensive half pressure acts

He's been consistently a top contributor by foot, and makes the right decisions, and gets the ball forward. When we play fast, attacking football, he is a key player.

He isn't replaceable, we would never be able to make up the loss to the team he'd leave from a trade or drafting a player

Arguably we still have one of the best lists in the league, atleast one of the best groups of 26-28 players

We've had alot of them out. If jdg, Elliot, mihocek, mcstay and Mitchell were all fit this year, the team would've looked alot better

There's basically zero way that we improve our list by seeing Noble leave. You couldn't get a net positive return for him

You could get a nett positive return for any player …

… it just comes down to whether another club is prepared to pay it.

Sometimes players are worth more to other other clubs than they are to ours.

You could get a nett positive return for any player …

… it just comes down to whether another club is prepared to pay it.

Sometimes players are worth more to other other clubs than they are to ours.
Straight up, Noble would not be getting us his value back from a trade. He's also contracted til he's 30, at a premiership window club.

And an important player to our game style

It wouldn't happen

He's contract til he's 30 at a club well within the premiership window. There's zero way that he'd want to leave, so it wouldn't happen.

There's zero conceivable way that the list becomes a net positive outcome from trading him.

He isn't replaceable. He is an integral part of how we play, and it's noticeable that when he plays well we play well.

This season:

Last season

He's been consistently a top contributor by foot, and makes the right decisions, and gets the ball forward. When we play fast, attacking football, he is a key player.

He isn't replaceable, we would never be able to make up the loss to the team he'd leave from a trade or drafting a player

I rate Noble as a player and he does add a point of difference. Reckon we looked our best this year when J Daicos was running off half back. The two could work in tandem as they did late this year and Nick/Noble did for a large part of 2023.

The other consideration is Jiath. Still unproven, but potentially his ceiling is higher. His best way into the side is at half back.

All conjecture at this point though and I’d be happy to see Noble still wearing black and white in 2025.

Straight up, Noble would not be getting us his value back from a trade. He's also contracted til he's 30, at a premiership window club.

It wouldn't happen

You could use that argument about any player, and yet every year players get traded. Sometimes even contracted players.

We signed Brodie Grundy until 2027, and any idea of trading him would have seemed preposterous (far more so than Noble would ever be) and yet he’s no longer on our list?

Ditto Treloar. Ditto Stephens. Ditto Adams. Ditto Travis Cloke. Ditto Seedsman. Ditto Henry. Ditto Ginnivan …

Last edited:
I rate Noble as a player and he does add a point of difference. Reckon we looked our best this year when J Daicos was running off half back. The two could work in tandem as they did late this year and Nick/Noble did for a large part of 2023.

The other consideration is Jiath. Still unproven, but potentially his ceiling is higher. His best way into the side is at half back.

All conjecture at this point though and I’d be happy to see Noble still wearing black and white in 2025.

Couldn't see jiath being in our best 23 in the time that Noble's career is going on. Parker is a far better prospect as a half back than him, and I see as a 23 player next year.

Josh and Noble are both able to play wing really well, imagine we'll see them both play hb and wing next year. Same with Quaynor, likely all rotate between the two positions.

It wouldn't happen

I 100% agree with everything you've posted over all of your posts in this thread asong - great work.

We've found that we can interchange jaicos + sidey with Quaynor and nobs in recent weeks

Nobs averages our most effective kicks per game, 2nd for DE% of players with significant games played, is in our top players for metres gained. He's really important to how we play

None of this is new either, was similar last year, people rewrote history and there's been a real Mandela affect about his ball use

An "effective kick" doesn't necessarily equate to a good kick. From memory, anything over 45m to a contest is rated an effective kick, but those kicks don't necessarily lead to retaining the footy. Needs to get the bomb down the line as his go-to option. particularly as he rarely puts the footy to a team mate's advantage in those circumstances.

Last edited:

This season:

Last season

WHE did it admirably last year. He's a fringe player who is definitely replaceable. If a player like Houston nominates us and we get the trade done for instance, he'd be an immediate upgrade on Noble.

An "effective kick" doesn't necessarily equate to a good kick. From memory, anything over 45m to a contest is rated an effective kick, but those kicks don't necessarily lead to retaining the footy. Needs to get the bomb down the line as his go-to option. particularly as he rarely puts the footy to a team mate's advantage in those circumstances.
The eye test from everyone I know would argue otherwise, he is one of our better users with ball in hand. I actively feel safer when it's passed to him

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back