2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than Noble… the focus should be on how we offload Johnson for a player swap or 3rd round pick

Another club would surely take a punt on him.

My exits for 2024 are:

Murphy (ret)
*Carmichael (ret)
Richards (trade)
Johnson (trade)
*Begg
*Sullivan

Krueger may be cut instead of Johnson being traded out… but I’d rather the later

Then add 1-2 mature age players via trade or player swap

At this early stage.
Murphy off Dean possible promotion. Leaves 2 draft picks like last year.
Rookie - off Carmichael Dean on 2 msd picks Smit and Long

So we currently have the maximum 42 plus Cat B Parker
Keeping this strictly on topic since it’ll no doubt become another trade thread. This is what I think we’ll see

Off:

• Murphy
  • Carmichael
  • Begg
  • Krueger
  • Bytel
  • Sullivan
  • Richards (traded)
  • McInnes (traded)
  • Macrae (traded)

On:

• Keane
  • traded player in
  • 1st pick ND
  • 2nd pick ND
  • 3rd pick ND
  • AJ rookie list
  • spot or spots for SSP/ MSD

I’m sorry the rookie list is too much of a mess for me to drill down on the comings and goings. Dean will remain on the rookie list though due to the recent change which allows players to be rookie listed for 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do they start announcing delistings?
Not sure. I remember last year it was just after the copeland, but there wasnt much time between the premiership and the copeland. It's a bit different this year. I dont even know when the copeland is..
They surely dont wait that long with delistings, as players would know in the exit meetings -- so maybe later next week?

So I’m thinking of delisting/Trades.
One of Reef/AJ, Steene/Begg. I wouldn’t hold all four for another season. It wouldn’t surprise me if Reef asks for a trade along with Finn.

I’d lose Bytel, we’ve already lost JC and Murphy so maybe that’s it but you can almost guarantee there’ll be a shock delisting or trade, it’s what makes this part of the season interesting.

So I’m thinking of delisting/Trades.
One of Reef/AJ, Steene/Begg. I wouldn’t hold all four for another season. It wouldn’t surprise me if Reef asks for a trade along with Finn.

I’d lose Bytel, we’ve already lost JC and Murphy so maybe that’s it but you can almost guarantee there’ll be a shock delisting or trade, it’s what makes this part of the season interesting.
Steene is getting a new contract it was reported. Which prob doesn't bode well for Begg.

I’m wondering if he’ll be trained as a key position player. Smitt looks a better Ruck.
He's been playing as a forward/ruck, and given they like the two ruck combo. But who knows, maybe given our lack of key forward they could train him as a key position.

He's been playing as a forward/ruck, and given they like the two ruck combo. But who knows, maybe given our lack of key forward they could train him as a key position.
After Cox finishes I’d rather have a forward who can ruck rather than a ruck who plays forward but yes we do play better with the 2 rucks at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back