2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Big in for Silvan with Matteo D'Alfonso returning after a year with South Belgrave. They have also picked a handy young ruck/forward from Heathmont in Cam Blease.

Big in for Silvan with Matteo D'Alfonso returning after a year with South Belgrave.

Interesting illustration of a good player and captain leaving their club. Took the big cash, didn’t perform, was even dropped at one stage. Hasn’t done his reputation much good, hopefully a big year ahead to repay Silvan for a silly little dalliance with South Belgrave.

Grass isnt always greener.

Interesting illustration of a good player and captain leaving their club. Took the big cash, didn’t perform, was even dropped at one stage. Hasn’t done his reputation much good, hopefully a big year ahead to repay Silvan for a silly little dalliance with South Belgrave.

Seems like a lot of players did similar this year for South. Got offered big money and didn't all gel well to expectations. And now South are doing it again and offering huge money to players, whilst losing a huge amount of depth players

I think his choice of club wasn't great for the player he is. Very hard to break into that SB midfield.

But as a captain of a club, i think it was a poor decision. He wasn't trying out for AFL so i hate hearing this 'playing the best level football he can' rubbish. Its local footy. When you accept captaincy you should be fighting for that club not looking to go somewhere else. If you don't want to fight for the club, don't become captain.

Scoresby have recruited quite well for their entry into Div 3

Matthew Traynor - Rowville 2018 Senior B&f winner. Played mainly senior football until this year. Should dominate in Div 3.
Jordan Camilleri - Noble Park. Really strong reserves player broke through for some senior football this year.
Tristan Brunning - Noble Park. Another strong Reserves player who has played some Senior football in each of the last 4 years.

Got enough for a house deposit allgood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t that be nice?

It’s been a long time, if ever, since Surrey has played against any of these clubs.

Because I’m a stats nerd

Croydon 1991 (Surrey Hills)

East Burwood 2019

Heathmont 2011

Lilydale 1967 (Surrey Hills)

Mulgrave 1991 (Surrey Hills)

Ringwood 1990 (Surrey Hills)

Templestowe 2010

Wantina South 1992 (South Wantirna vs Surrey Hills)

Waverley Blues 2005

Surrey vs Lilydale with a 58 year break between meetings would take some beating for the longest in league history.

Surrey won away at Lilydale in Round 17, 11.13.79 to 10.3.63. Didn’t meet in the finals though Surrey won the flag, and Lilydale lost the prelim to UFTG by 2 points.

Last edited:
Because I’m a stats nerd

Croydon 1991 (Surrey Hills)

East Burwood 2019

Heathmont 2011

Lilydale 1967 (Lilydale)

Mulgrave 1991 (Surrey Hills)

Ringwood 1990 (Surrey Hills)

Templestowe 2010

Wantina South 1992 (South Wantirna vs Surrey Hills)

Waverley Blues 2005

Surrey vs Lilydale with a 58 year break between meetings would take some beating for the longest in league history.

Surrey won away at Lilydale in Round 17, 11.13.79 to 10.3.63. Didn’t meet in the finals though Surrey won the flag, and Lilydale lost the prelim to UFTG by 2 points.
Nice work. I knew Tempe & EB were the only clubs played against in the Surrey Park era

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back