Under Age 2026 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This U/16's stream WA v SA is without doubt the worst quality I've ever seen for any game at this level or above.

Will we see who has the footy? Will the player be shown kicking it?

This U/16's stream WA v SA is without doubt the worst quality I've ever seen for any game at this level or above.

Will we see who has the footy? Will the player be shown kicking it?

Change the picture quality to 1080p.

I have. If you can make out who has the ball with the camera zoomed out that far then your eyes are damn good mate.

Oh yeah!

That part.

Would've thought multiple cameras would be in action.

Oh yeah!

That part.

Would've thought multiple cameras would be in action.
Believe me, I have very low expectations for footy streams but this takes the cake for worst. It's just someone holding up a phone in the vicinity of the play zoomed out so that numbers are impossible to see and the outer wing looks like it's a km away.

Best players so far
WA - team effort
SA - team effort

SA beat WA by 10 points. The camera person was sitting at the top of the grandstand and in the worst position ever. She should’ve been anywhere else especially to be able to see the boundary and have a clearer focus.

SA beat WA by 10 points. The camera person was sitting at the top of the grandstand and in the worst position ever. She should’ve been anywhere else especially to be able to see the boundary and have a clearer focus.
It was an actual camera? That surprises me. It was like watching a grainy cricket match in low res from India in the 1980's.

I can watch live streamed cricket from Rwanda, Nigeria, Argentina, Japan, Nepal, Bhutan, Romania etc with better resolution.

I don't understand it. Australia is a first world country with immense resources and we can't stream footy properly....... or do the people running things just not care enough to have some pride in what gets streamed and what they attach their name to?

Dismal.

It was an actual camera? That surprises me. It was like watching a grainy cricket match in low res from India in the 1980's.

I can watch live streamed cricket from Rwanda, Nigeria, Argentina, Japan, Nepal, Bhutan, Romania etc with better resolution.

I don't understand it. Australia is a first world country with immense resources and we can't stream footy properly....... or do the people running things just not care enough to have some pride in what gets streamed and what they attach their name to?

Dismal.
I’ve heard that the kid filming was about 15 and obviously got no idea what he was doing from the sounds of it. Yep he looked the part with the big camera setup but that was it.

I’ve heard that the kid filming was about 15 and obviously got no idea what he was doing from the sounds of it. Yep he looked the part with the big camera setup but that was it.

Age of criminal responsibility is 14 so there’s no reason he can’t be trialed for his crimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone watch lions suns match? think lions won by 40

Standard poor from both teams, Caelan Murray looks a talent though as I have mentioned. Riley Mackay looks handy and Hamish McPherson has something about him.

The big fish Matt Owen wasn't as good as I would have expected.

West Australia 2026 draft Players in Colts/PSA 2024 Round 13 Update
0-Lucas Robinson (SF/PSA)
0-Leo Steed (SD/PSA)

0-Kye Ormerod (EF)
0-Damien Newry (CL)
0-Koby LeCras (WP/PSA)
0-Jai Debono (SD)
0-Jayden Clarke (P/PSA)
0-Lachlan McGlade (EP)

0-Thatcher Simmons (S/PSA)
0-Drew Clarke (PT)
0-McKenna Pringle (PT)

0-Sam Hill (WP)
0-Garrison Kenh (EP)
0-James Whelan (PT)
0-Benji Van Rooyen (CL)
0-Corbin Boylson (S/PSA)
0-George Gale (CL/PSA)
0-James Barnard (EP)
0-Tom Brown (CL/PSA)
0-Mitchell Stirling (PT)
0-Dylan Connolly (EF)
0-Antonio Crupi (S)
0-Sam Hookham (SF)
0-Max Bradbury (WP)
0-Joshua Nathan (EF/PSA)
0-Austin Lekias (PT)
0-Tazzi Faithfull (PT)

0-Heath Wilson (SF)
0-Harrison Gilford (S)
0-Luca Bozcar (WP)
0-Elijah Dennis (CL/PSA)
0-Adam Schmechtig (S)
0-Lorenze Cole (SD)
0-Jayke Cooper (PT)
0-Matthew Edgelow (P)
0-Riley Hay (S)
0-Alastair Kelly (P)
0-Oliver Williams (SD/PSA)
0-Coen Tuck (PT)
0-Nate Scott (EF)
0-Saul McCann (PT)
0-Connor Lally (S)
0-Noah Blakeney (CL)
0-Elijah Nathan (SF)
0-Tyrell Pickett (S)
0-Cooper McMeikan (EF)
0-Sebastian Triplett (S/PSA)

Leaderboard M V Ave G
Leo Steed*** (SD) 1 6 6.00 -
Lucas Robinson*** (SF) 2 6 3.00 1
Damien Newry*** (CL) 2 - ---- 1
Kye Ormerod*** (EF) 2 - ---- -
Dylan Connolly*** (EF) 2 - ---- -
Jai De Bono*** (SD) 1 - ---- -
Noah Blakeney*** (CL) 1 - ---- -

On the topic of another father-son prospect, is Tevita Rodan in this draft class or 2027? Seems like Port Adelaide are about to have a very nice run of father-sons coming through. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't Tevita Rodan also be NGA eligible for one of the Melbourne clubs (Essendon?) because David was born in Fiji? Seems to defeat the purpose of the NGA if the only reason you're eligible is your 185 AFL game father but anyway...
Any idea if father son or NGA have a stronger precedence or would it come down to whoever he chooses if he's good enough.

Any idea if father son or NGA have a stronger precedence or would it come down to whoever he chooses if he's good enough.
Think it's players choice if he qualifies for both. Like Nick Blakey. Could have gone to north as a FS, but chose the northern academy path.

Could have chosen the Lions as a father son, I think you mean. 😉
Sorry, guess that option gets ignored lol Yes, could have the choice of two clubs as per F/S.
Bailey Scott could have chosen Geelong instead of North, or could have chosen suns as Northern Academy. Chose North.

Player's choice. We saw it with Lachie Johnson (Chris' son) when he chose Essendon's NGA access over Brisbane's F/S access in 2019.
Johnson didn’t choose Essendon.

The Lions committed to drafting Johnson in the rookie draft, if no team selected him in the national draft.

Johnson had done his acl, was expected to miss the entire following season.

Essendon selected Johnson with their last pick in the national draft, put him on their LTI straight away, which opened an extra rookie pick for them.

Then delisted him at the end of the following season.

It was a 💩 move by Dodoro.

I think Brisbane took Bourke as their first ever academy pick, and the great irony in that was that he was F/S eligible for Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back