AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell is such a gun, we are so lucky to have him! He is going to be pretty expensive though in 2 years time. We should have tried to sign him up for longer. Reckon he will one day captain the club. But probably not for many years.

The world is coming to an end, our brand has been irrevocably damaged, but players are still re-signing with the club.

That makes it Heppell and Carlisle and more will follow.:thumbsu:

The world is coming to an end, our brand has been irrevocably damaged, but players are still re-signing with the club.

That makes it Heppell and Carlisle and more will follow.:thumbsu:

those were the two really key ones though. very happy

Can we give worst on ground votes?

Heppel would certainly be in my worsts tonight. Directly related to 3 turnovers which turned into goals!

Have you ever seen a bloke so laconic without the ball? He clearly thinks he can do what he wants and is one of the prime suspects in our hord of front runners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Heppell had butterfingers against Fremantle - Probably worse than tonight. Carrying on the theme - Never seen Howlett fumble so many ground balls. His form has only been average since Round 1.

Steve Johnson has had his heppelltitus vaccinations. No heppell went near him all night

Laid a tackle in the third or forth on him from memory.

Heppell really had the fumbles tonight, a lot of times he went to dispose the ball as he was getting tackled as opposed to just before and it really cost him. Also wasn't winning it enough out of the center (but that is something that will be addressed with more experience/midfield time).

Can we give worst on ground votes?

Heppel would certainly be in my worsts tonight. Directly related to 3 turnovers which turned into goals!

Have you ever seen a bloke so laconic without the ball? He clearly thinks he can do what he wants and is one of the prime suspects in our hord of front runners.

Thinks he can do what he wants?

What's that meant to mean, seriously?

Heppell is laconic in style; chances are he always will be. It's all too easy to mistake that for lack of effort.

I'm not for a minute pretending Dyson had a good game, because he didn't. But 'thinks he can do what he wants' is knee-jerk hyperbole, in my view.

Heppell is laconic in style; chances are he always will be. It's all too easy to mistake that for lack of effort.

I'm not for a minute pretending Dyson had a good game, because he didn't. But 'thinks he can do what he wants' is knee-jerk hyperbole, in my view.

Laconic style allows him to be lazy now? Go back and watch the tape and he genuinely lacks intensity.

As for my "knee jerk reaction" it probably was over the top but I'd expect more from one of our better pkayers.

He is a gun but there are issues. He can cruise too much in games and can be lazy in his disposal and decision making. His chasing can sometimes leave a bit to be desired as well.
Is playing a bit like a Rolls Royce in that he is class but not always at full pace despite having a V12 engine. IMO he needs to maybe get off media street a little and challenge himself to find some more like Stanton has done. At the moment he is playing like a very good player but for mine is going at around 80% of what he could be doing.
Was ordinary last night that is for sure.

Do not agree , at times there are situations where he does run his own race. The kid is a star but he has had periods where he had gotten in front of himself but it is still a learning game in the midfield and he has to challenge himself to be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back