Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is zero chance that Hird would tour this board. The only people in the industry that would waste their time with our trash is media hacks hoping we give them an idea for a story ... or to gauge supporters feelings.
Given Hirds current situation and uncertainty about where he is at within the club, coming on BF would be impossible to resist. Think about it, he is overseas cut off (willingly) from the media circus. How else is going to gauge what members are thinking at large? And why wouldn't he take a look?

Given Hirds current situation and uncertainty about where he is at within the club, coming on BF would be impossible to resist. Think about it, he is overseas cut off (willingly) from the media circus. How else is going to gauge what members are thinking at large? And why wouldn't he take a look?
are you really that delusional?

Carlisle played on Tomlinson and lost his battle. All the more reason why I want Tomlinson in an Essendon jumper.

Hooker spent most of the game on Patton. Strange that GWS played Patton up the ground which suited us. I suspect Patton will end up being a better forward than Cameron.

Give me a reason why he wouldn't? Mind you, i bet he wouldn't admit it to anyone ;)
And lets face it, it would be far more interesting and informative reading BF than it would afl.com.au!
tbh, with afl.com.au it's much easier to filter the crazy

Now i know you are taking the piss!
How was the article on Essendon not paying legal fees within the salary cap? That was pure distortion of reality. Insane stuff.
if it's written by Barret, don't bother clicking on it, and then 95% of the crazy is filtered. Simple

Not sure about Carlisle being beaten by Tomlinson. It was not really one of those match-ups.

Carlisle, like Hooker, doesn't wear his opponents particularly closely. He tends to just concede ground up to the wings in particular and likes to stay back to chop off the deeper entries into the forward 50. This may make him look slower than he is but I do think that it is a matter of playing to his strengths (and there is no point blowing up trying to go with someone like Tomlinson on the wings).

If you're looking at the impact of Carlisle's zoning off you'd be concerned by Tomlinson's game if he had more than a handful of possessions hitting the ball on the wings. Think the mark and goal in the last probably makes Tomlinson's game look a whole lot better than it was (18 hardly noticeable disposals and I've been watching the guy closely).

The other factor is that once Fletcher went off Carlisle tended to mind Lobbe who stayed closer to goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone had any doubts on whether he was actually capable of being not just a passable CHF, but a great one, I urge you to watch tonights game.

Granted, missing a couple of gimmies is disappointing, but his presentation at the footy was exceptional, he worked to really good spots and had Jarrad Rivers absolutely shitting himself every time the ball came in to the point where on another day he would have got 3-4 free kicks.

He may not be quick, but jeeze he's a crafty footballer

Thought he looked good up forward tonight - just wish he'd go back and take the set shot without worrying so much - always felt he was a good kick for goal before this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back