Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he not do his knee after that mark in the 4th? Landed so awkwardly i fkin shat my dacks.

Then he got up and nailed it from 50. Build like a brick shithouse is cads.

How did he not do his knee after that mark in the 4th? Landed so awkwardly i fkin shat my dacks.

Then he got up and nailed it from 50. Build like a brick shithouse is cads.

Yeah he had a look of pain on his face straight away, stood up and realized he was fine.

What did we give up for him? Like pick 20 something plus a third round pick upgrade?
Lol wtf. We should be in jail for theft.

Cats gave us caddy and the pick for jack graham that is best

What did we give up for him? Like pick 20 something plus a third round pick upgrade?
Tyrone Vickery, but almost:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/48e24c11e7d239a297f44743c6cde2ee

In a deal struck on the final morning of the trade period, Caddy heads to Richmond in exchange for pick 24 in next month’s draft.

The clubs also swapped later picks, with Geelong’s pick 56 heading to Richmond and the Tigers sending pick 64 to the Cats.

Probably one of the best videos ever created.
Who ever created it is a genius. Always piss myself laughing at the sos line

That's why I said weeks ago Balme should be in jail after all the deals he made in the 2016 Trade period as well as getting Yarran paid out.

Tom Lynch next.

Tom Lynch next.
Here were the exact moves and we used the pick 24 from Prestia's trade. It was a good mates deal:

RICHMOND

Confirmed moves

1. Awarded Round 2 compensation selection (27) for losing restricted free agent Tyrone Vickery

2. Traded Pick 6 and future Round 1 selection to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and Pick 24

3. Traded Pick 46 to Sydney for Toby Nankervis

4. Traded Picks 24 and 64 to Geelong for Josh Caddy and Pick 56

5. Traded Brett Deledio to GWS Giants for Geelong’s future first round selection and GWS’ future third round selection.

THE Tigers roared on the last couple of days.

They had great compensation after losing Tyrone Vickery, claimed Dion Prestia and then Josh Caddy too.

The acquisition of Toby Nankervis was clever and the have strengthened their draft position after losing Brett Deledio.

Well done, Tigers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/yo...d/news-story/d4e88d18540530dca3bbf9b52b95a9df

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here were the exact moves and we used the pick 24 from Prestia's trade. It was a good mates deal:

RICHMOND

Confirmed moves

1. Awarded Round 2 compensation selection (27) for losing restricted free agent Tyrone Vickery

2. Traded Pick 6 and future Round 1 selection to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and Pick 24

3. Traded Pick 46 to Sydney for Toby Nankervis

4. Traded Picks 24 and 64 to Geelong for Josh Caddy and Pick 56

5. Traded Brett Deledio to GWS Giants for Geelong’s future first round selection and GWS’ future third round selection.

THE Tigers roared on the last couple of days.

They had great compensation after losing Tyrone Vickery, claimed Dion Prestia and then Josh Caddy too.

The acquisition of Toby Nankervis was clever and the have strengthened their draft position after losing Brett Deledio.

Well done, Tigers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/yo...d/news-story/d4e88d18540530dca3bbf9b52b95a9df

#15 received from GWS was traded for #20+#25 which ended up being Callum Coleman Jones & Noah Balta

The Deledio trade could end up giving us 2 extremely good KPP for the next decade

#15 received from GWS was traded for #20+#25 which ended up being Callum Coleman Jones & Noah Balta

The Deledio trade could end up giving us 2 extremely good KPP for the next decade
That 15 for 20 and 25 was an incredibly shrewd move. Even if one pays off I still think the other will be serviceable. They’re at this stage looking promising.

Went for a look to see his playing weight at geelong, and found this...
Does that mean we payed out his contract till 2018 or the cats picked up some of it?

Earmarked as a future leader, he was among the best in the narrow semi-final loss to North Melbourne and finished with 26 disposals and a goal. Committed to the Cats until the end of 2018.

If they paid...hahaha

Yeah, I didn't understand why Geelong traded him, given he was contracted BUT Geelong do seem to be willing to trade players out who wish to leave for a very fair price.. Saying that, Parfitt is looking promising, so it could end up as a boring case of win-win. He has really become a more mature and consistent player at Richmond. I am not sure he would have reached his potential at Geelong, but we will never know.

It was a future Round 2 selection (ended up being pick 37 in 2017 draft). Pick 6 also ended up being pick 7 because of the bid on Will Setterfield.

So, picks 7 and 64 in 2016, and pick 37 in 2017, for Prestia, Caddy and Graham. Heist.

Maybe Geelong made room for the Ablett trade a year early to get ahead of too much push back from the fans??
They'd have been playing for the same spot probably and Ablett sells more jumpers and gets more people thru the gates...Ablett probably spins more coin in the short term, but stiff sh.t the results of that trade period for us is the biggest improvement in the shortest amount of time I can remember.
Thanks
Geel, Syd,GC,GWS and Delidio

It was a future Round 2 selection (ended up being pick 37 in 2017 draft). Pick 6 also ended up being pick 7 because of the bid on Will Setterfield.

So, picks 7 and 64 in 2016, and pick 37 in 2017, for Prestia, Caddy and Graham. Heist.
Gosh where did I get my article from ?

Caddy is a gun
Geelong must be spewing that they let him go.
lolgeelong
He wasnt a gun there. Became one in our elite team oriented environment.

The me me me trilogy obviously wasnt best for his development.

Yeah, I didn't understand why Geelong traded him, given he was contracted BUT Geelong do seem to be willing to trade players out who wish to leave for a very fair price.. Saying that, Parfitt is looking promising, so it could end up as a boring case of win-win. He has really become a more mature and consistent player at Richmond. I am not sure he would have reached his potential at Geelong, but we will never know.
I have heard it was to free up some salary cap because there was a chance you could have gotten Gaz back a year earlier (he did request a trade) but it was too late in the piece to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back