Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Highs have remained the same and the lows have gotten lower. Find it hard to take any pleasure in that. Hope he turns it around at least a bit
Yeah nah.

He’s an * player. He needs to maintain his current form.

Yeah nah.

He’s an * player. He needs to maintain his current form.
Find it borderline impossible to hate teams. I'm too busy tearing my hair out about my own. Ben always had time for fans and gave us quite a bit despite his limited faculties; no ill will from me. Hope he turns it around. He'd have felt the pressure as the million dollar man and that's not a situation I'd wish on many

Find it borderline impossible to hate teams. I'm too busy tearing my hair out about my own. Ben always had time for fans and gave us quite a bit despite his limited faculties; no ill will from me. Hope he turns it around. He'd have felt the pressure as the million dollar man and that's not a situation I'd wish on many

You’d think someone close to him might have warned him that with the big contract, the club under the spotlight, comes the pressure.

You’d think someone close to him might have warned him that with the big contract, the club under the spotlight, comes the pressure.
They might've done, and he might've just failed to put anything in place to manage it. I don't know him personally but I'd be surprised if he or his brother were particularly proactive types. His deal helps the club (and us) but doesn't really do him any favours. He's not worth $1m and he probably knows it

They might've done, and he might've just failed to put anything in place to manage it. I don't know him personally but I'd be surprised if he or his brother were particularly proactive types. His deal helps the club (and us) but doesn't really do him any favours. He's not worth $1m and he probably knows it
McKay got a marquee money, but he was (is) never a marquee player.

To be that quality at fullback, you need to make the play (harris andrews, Darcy moore) - Ben is a stopper, that's it.

He's a * player. We were more than adequately compensated.

As the philosopher Fergal Sharkey espoused - there's no hard feelings, because there's no feelings at all.
That's a dark undertone there KC...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back