AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He's gonna make it I reckon. I saw too much to like in 2021 in terms of contested marking, covering the ground, goal kicking and general forward nous.

He really needs the rest of the forward line in place (Wright in particular) in order to play his way. Be prepared for the journey to take another 2 years.

Player Arthur GIF

Little man has well and truly got him in the goal kicking stakes since the Collingwood game last year but he is doing the work, the more contests he gets to, the more space he’ll get and it will hopefully turn for him sooner rather than later.

Little man has well and truly got him in the goal kicking stakes since the Collingwood game last year but he is doing the work, the more contests he gets to, the more space he’ll get and it will hopefully turn for him sooner rather than later.
It's a funny thing goal kicking and confidence - I remember for large parts at earlier stages in their career Roughead and Breust crumbling under pressure and getting the yips in important games with easy shots - then they seemed to harden and became resilient to the pressure. Hopefully HJ does the same - like many of our players has obvious talent but mental strength has a question mark.

Should go back to the VFL get some confidence, dominate a lower standard defender, get some touch. Dropping virtually every ball he gets his hands to.
The only problem is with Weid likely out and Bladwin too, not many options(Voss) to replace him with. I agree though, I would like to see him boss a VFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for jonesy the kicking to him is deplorable / and our forwards in general. Had Taylor (who is a star) on his back all day, the couple of times he made space on the lead our midfielders kicked it over his head.
Was still awful, Taylor has nothing to do with those two hack kicks out of the air when the game was on the line

It is a hard watch as he is working his ring off but it is just not happening for him.
Poor delivery. Dropping marks he needs to hold and a few questionable calls not going his way.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back