AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugh. This is s***. Dude needs metal ankles.

Reaction GIF by moodman

Mainly a post for eth-dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet it turns into 8 weeks, given his history with sh*t ankles. What was the nature of it? Kid can’t get a run at it….not liking early signs in his career. Hopefully not a Gumby #2

Or, given his number, David Myers 2.0.

It's the same ankle, but a completely different incident. They're not being explicit about whether he rolled it or broke it. Timeline will depend on how he goes this week. wtf is "acutely managing"?
The news is not as promising for young key forward Harrison Jones, who’s suffered a separate ankle injury.

Murphy said Jones would be managed this week to assess how long the 21-year-old would have to miss games.

“Really unfortunate for 'Jonesy'. He’s had a little bit of an interrupted pre-season with an ankle injury previously,” Murphy said.

“This was a very separate incident on the same ankle, an innocuous marking contest so he just went over on that. We’re just acutely managing it at the moment, and we’ll assess over this week for how long it’ll take him to return.”

Either that or 'acute injury management' which is to say "management of an acute injury", not "acute management of an injury"...

I'm assuming it means it's still too early to really tell what damage there is, or do any rehab. Just the basic first-steps injury management. Used to be RICE, now it's called PEACE from memory...

I'm assuming it means it's still too early to really tell what damage there is, or do any rehab. Just the basic first-steps injury management. Used to be RICE, now it's called PEACE from memory...
They said the same thing about Francis in the video, even though Francis hyperextended his knee two weeks ago, is training fully this week and likely to be available this week. I think it's just an idiosyncrasy 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back