AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great that Harrison has had a pretty good run this year.

Well done on his 50th.
Injury prone Essendon forwards seem to stop getting injured if moved to another part of the field:

Hurley
Laverde
Jones

I'm only mostly joking by wondering if the shithouse supply to them wrecks their bodies up forward.

Injury prone Essendon forwards seem to stop getting injured if moved to another part of the field:

Hurley
Laverde
Jones

I'm only mostly joking by wondering if the shithouse supply to them wrecks their bodies up forward.

So if we move an injury prone defender forward we'll be cooking?

Reid to FF.

Has had a sneaky good year. Lots had written him off but the tactical shift has really unlocked his delicious hands when floating across a pack. Absolutely can't mark as a fwd when camped under the ball , gets worked under way to easy. I'm thinking caddy is in a similar boat tbh, his lack of height usually has him under the ball and reaching back for it which is an easy spoil.

Hurley
Laverde
Jones

Well we do seem to bomb it forward a lot, so there's always a pack crashing into each other. I think Jones being moved upfield has allowed him some space to use his marking power and given him a bit of confidence.

Could Jones be tried back?

Yes yes we've got Reid, but he can't be counted on...He is a bonus at this stage.

Could Jones be tried back?

Yes yes we've got Reid, but he can't be counted on...He is a bonus at this stage.

we need him and caddy forward. they are our future forwards and need games together in the 50.
Caddy need another tall to help take the pressure that will come on him off.

we need him and caddy forward. they are our future forwards and need games together in the 50.
Caddy need another tall to help take the pressure that will come on him off.

We aren't trading Wright and I doubt he plays in the VFL all of 2025?

We aren't trading Wright and I doubt he plays in the VFL all of 2025?

I think Caddy and Jones are just about locked in to the 22 now. At least on current form.

For mine, I think it comes down to who gets the spot out of Bryan and 2MP.

Either a Bryan ruck/Draper FF setup, or Draper ruck/Wright FF.

Since moving to the wing he's averaged 13.75 touches, 5.875 marks, 1.125 goals and assists combined and 2.875 SI a game. Now that's okay for what will turn out to be 10 games in a new role but where we want him to end up is about a 50% increase in productivity in all areas (except maybe marks, although that would be a nice boost). High teens disposals, 2 goals/assists per game. SI we want more of a 75% production increase in a perfect world which gets to around 5 SI per game

Early in the season when we were running him as a key forward he had elite pressure once the ball hit the ground. I thought that was a real weapon to have for a big guy.

Then we put him on a wing.

I want him and Caddy as the two targets forward of centre who will compete in the air and also pressure once it hits the decks.

Okay, so, has the trigger been activated? Is he negotiating something more long term (like 3 years to take him to FA)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I read somewhere he had already triggered next year's deal. Lore ?
There was a mention of a trigger before he hit it, but no announcement that it had been met.

Whether he becomes a KPF down the track or stays on the wing, I think that actually being able to build some continuity without the pressure of being a goal-kicking KPF will do him a wealth of good. On the wing he's not expected to be able to physically compete with mature KPDs which is giving him the chance to build confidence in his marking.

Only caught a glimpse of the Banner last night.

Banner last night had Congrats on your 50th game Harrison.

So when was his 50th, last week or this week.
Last week. Not sure what that is about. Think it has happened to someone else this year as well. Maybe Cox ?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back