#23: James “Jordan Jones” Jordon. Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was solid last night. He’s seems like quite a shallow kick, some kicks seemed to fall short of the contest last night. Doesn’t matter if you hit targets, but he might need to realise he can’t thump it like the other mids.

Was solid last night. He’s seems like quite a shallow kick, some kicks seemed to fall short of the contest last night. Doesn’t matter if you hit targets, but he might need to realise he can’t thump it like the other mids.
his gut running might have a say about his kicking. he got to so many contests last night, he could possibly be fairly fatigued in the legs.

his gut running might have a say about his kicking. he got to so many contests last night, he could possibly be fairly fatigued in the legs.
Reckon that was ANB’s issue a couple of years ago as well. Was so cooked from running at times when he got the ball, he just sprayed it.

I think he's playing well, but he's still one of the first to go out when at full strength unfortunately. When Salem comes back I can see Brayshaw taking JJ's role on the wing back and pushing JJ to the sub position again. I think Hunt and JJ are just outside best 22. Going to be some interesting selections coming up with Petty, Smith and Pig fit. I still think our best 22 is the GF 22. Maybe Smith to replace Pig. That's about the only change I see possible. But JJ doing all he can to stake a claim..

I think he's playing well, but he's still one of the first to go out when at full strength unfortunately. When Salem comes back I can see Brayshaw taking JJ's role on the wing back and pushing JJ to the sub position again. I think Hunt and JJ are just outside best 22. Going to be some interesting selections coming up with Petty, Smith and Pig fit. I still think our best 22 is the GF 22. Maybe Smith to replace Pig. That's about the only change I see possible. But JJ doing all he can to stake a claim..
Brayshaw to replace Pig in defence and Jordon to the wing, that’s my only change. Simply don’t see how Smith fits into a full strength team even with his improved games.

Yeah Gus has looked better at half back than he ever did on a wing and JJ is much of a muchness to Brayshaws wing game. I used to want salem there but it's so clearly a role for a running machine who is happy to sacrifice

Remember when we tried Gus on half back for a few games a couple of years ago and he looked complete garbage. Night and day in 2022. Gus has definitely upped his contract price the past 12 months being a capable player in multiple positions now. Good on him.

Always said Jordon was best suited to playing wing after we beat the Lions in Sydney last year.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we get everyone back in defense.

Remember when we tried Gus on half back for a few games a couple of years ago and he looked complete garbage. Night and day in 2022. Gus has definitely upped his contract price the past 12 months being a capable player in multiple positions now. Good on him.

Always said Jordon was best suited to playing wing after we beat the Lions in Sydney last year.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we get everyone back in defense.

I love pig but it could be a straight swap for him. He only made his run into the side late last year

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gus being left where he is and making it difficult to get Pig back. He’s actually doing a very good job on the halfback flank

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gus being left where he is and making it difficult to get Pig back. He’s actually doing a very good job on the halfback flank
No doubt. It's a long season, so whether that lasts or not we will see. If JJ can sustain form on the wing and Gus playing down back, then that's a big win for us moving forward as Pig I'm guessing will retire at years end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut up. I like him.

All of my other favourites like OMac and Rohan Bail have gone so you can all shut up

I 100% believe Matt Jones could have been a decent role player in a good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back