Player Watch #24 - Sam Naismith - Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a free swing with Sam for a year and unfortunately his body let him down again. Hopefully he's able to enjoy retirement knowing that he gave it everything to try and have a career.

yep, the family tragedies could off ended it all alot earlier..
he kept fighting for it...
respect Sam
Mate, this is the guy you wanna run out with on a Saturday.

You want some perspective in life, listen to this backstory. I feel for this bloke. He deserved better.

Would love for him to remain involved in the club in some capacity. Seems like the type of bloke who could be a great mentor for some of the younger guys as they go through the ups and downs of being a footballer.

A top bloke and with such a calm demeanour, despite the tragedies he has gone through. Hope he stays around the club to mentor the youngsters in some sort of capacity. Perhaps he is the new Emma Murray.

You want some perspective in life, listen to this backstory. I feel for this bloke. He deserved better.

I knew from the get go we'd picked up a good human being, giving Sam his last chance at an AFL career. We are even greater now as a club for having him with us for that short time. Reckon he taught the young blokes a thing or two about life. Great retirement speech too. 💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he spoke very well. Man he worked hard for a long time to play ultimately not that many games. I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, I admire his commitment and perseverance through struggles with his body and family tragedies. Glad we were the club to give him some validation for all his hard work. Sounds like a good guy to have around the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #24 - Sam Naismith - Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back