Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake was an AA forward at only 21, so yes he went in a fire sale- bonus for you guys.

We swapped the two second rounders for 16 and got Richards- so not the end of the world.

Ps Schache came cheap so whatever we get from him is a bonus.
Ah no.

We gave you 25 + 30 for Jake.

You then traded 30 + plus your 2nd rounder of 28 + this years second rounder for 16 + 40.

You then in turn gave up that 40 + 25 for Schache.

So while you may want to believe you gave up Jake for 16 you actually gave up Jake + 2 second rounders for 16 + Schache.

Ah no.

We gave you 25 + 30 for Jake.

You then traded 30 + plus your 2nd rounder of 28 + this years second rounder for 16 + 40.

You then in turn gave up that 40 + 25 for Schache.

So while you may want to believe you gave up Jake for 16 you actually gave up Jake + 2 second rounders for 16 + Schache.

Except we only had 3 list spots left so we weren’t going to get to use one of those second rounders anyway.

ButI agree we traded Stringer for s fraction of what he is worth.

Except we only had 3 list spots left so we weren’t going to get to use one of those second rounders anyway.

Uh huh. Sure.

Of course the Dogs couldn't have decided to only use 3 post trade period once it was clear they'd blown their draft hand?

Nah you're right of course not, the whole Dogs trade period screamed careful well thought out planning.

cant have been easy letting a player that talented go despite an untenable relationship.

We had the same with Ryder.

Uh huh. Sure.

Of course the Dogs couldn't have decided to only use 3 post trade period once it was clear they'd blown their draft hand?

Nah you're right of course not, the whole Dogs trade period screamed careful well thought out planning.
The irony, an Essendon supporter having a crack at another club about 'well thought out planning'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short memory champ
Funny you didn't answer the question.

2 things though champ.

1) You don't understand the word ironic champ.
2) I have criticized Essendon for what happened with Dank champ. I'm not afraid to admit when my club ****ed up champ.

So tell me, champ, what's me being an Essendon fan got to do with me calling out your club?

Funny you didn't answer the question.

2 things though champ.

1) You don't understand the word ironic champ.
2) I have criticized Essendon for what happened with Dank champ. I'm not afraid to admit when my club ****** up champ.

So tell me, champ, what's me being an Essendon fan got to do with me calling out your club?
We definitely stuffed up in our handling the Jake situation, clearly we did. Absolutely no doubt, and it still burns - and I honestly hope Jake reaches his full potential.

But how anyone with half a brain can't see how it was basically Jake Stringer out, Josh Schache in is a complete moron.

We definitely stuffed up in our handling the Jake situation, clearly we did. Absolutely no doubt, and it still burns - and I honestly hope Jake reaches his full potential.

But how anyone with half a brain can't see how it was basically Jake Stringer out, Josh Schache in is a complete moron.
Nice to see you backed off from the "Essendon fans cant point out clubs failings" crap. Not often you see that on Bigfooty, most people would've doubled down on their nonsense.

And you can say that, but you wouldn't have got 16 without trading Jake.

‘Ha, can you belive those idiots are actually giving Stringer the tools to fulfill his talents? And they have their team meetings inside too!’

Amazing how they come out of the woodwork not when he was inconsistent and struggling a little bit, but after he starts killing it as a midfielder. Organisational small man syndrome

Short memory champ

Talking about memory, when trade talks were happening, I made a polite non-trolling suggesting about a possible deal for our two clubs, and the response was basically feral, so six months on from the trade which was basically the same as the one I suggested, and while it is still early days, I guess with Footscray and its supporters, it is one dog whose bark is indeed worst than its bite.

If a player walked out to sign elsewhere I can sort of understand some antagonism towards him, but when your own club has virtually sacked him, I don’t understand why fans wish him bad luck or ill feeling once he leaves. Any anger should be directed at own club.

Plenty were happy to come in and predict Jakes future in here and in their own forum. Jake would fade in and out of games, isn't a midfielder blah blah blah.

Jake's creating his own future at Essendon and it looks pretty bright, quarter after quarter week after week ...so far so good.

If a player walked out to sign elsewhere I can sort of understand some antagonism towards him, but when your own club has virtually sacked him, I don’t understand why fans wish him bad luck or ill feeling once he leaves. Any anger should be directed at own club.

Fair summary. Most supporters I know recognise that both Stringer and the club stuffed up- don't know the details of everything that happened but it was obvious that he under performing and that had a much better chance of succeeding elsewhere.

He was out of contract at the end of this year so if things kept going as they were the result would not have been good for either party.

Those who choose to believe the HS stories might blame him but That would be petty and small minded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back