Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair summary. Most supporters I know recognise that both Stringer and the club stuffed up- don't know the details of everything that happened but it was obvious that he under performing and that had a much better chance of succeeding elsewhere.

He was out of contract at the end of this year so if things kept going as they were the result would not have been good for either party.

Those who choose to believe the HS stories might blame him but That would be petty and small minded.

Beaufort, eh?
Going alright this year, aren’t they?

Beaufort FC do very well, hard to win flags in an 18 team comp (CHFL) though.

Beautiful climate this time of year but way too many bombers fans- Wimmera league used to be in their zone.

I’m well aware, half the family hails from Stawell and the other half Landsborough.

All either Dons or Magpies. I was screwed either way...

I’m well aware, half the family hails from Stawell and the other half Landsborough.

All either Dons or Magpies. I was screwed either way...

That's right. Ararat for some reason was Collingwood - Bary Price I remember.

A lot of the 1983-4 premiership team came from up there though. Hence too many bombers up here.

I'm just glad that the dogs are back on track now that the cancer that is Jake Stringer has been excised by the club. :thumbsu:
Yeah its funny I mentioned that and gordo told me noone ever said he was killing their culture.

Yeah its funny I mentioned that and gordo told me noone ever said he was killing their culture.

Stringer seems like he just wants to win, have fun and kick snags.

Goes against everything the club stands for, they were glad to be rid of him

Jakes exactly where he needs to be right now. His going much better than last year thats for sure - just had a look at the stats and whilst they dont show everything he's certainly up on his averages from last year;-

2017 Bulldogs Stringer - games - 16, averages: disposals - 12.4, marks - 3, tackles - 1.8, goals - 1.5

2018 Bombers Stringer - games - 12, averages: disposals - 15.6, marks - 3.6, tackles - 3.4, goals - 1.4

I really like the way hes going about things - he's a real impact player, and at 24 still has plenty of good footy ahead of him.

Jakes exactly where he needs to be right now. His going much better than last year thats for sure - just had a look at the stats and whilst they dont show everything he's certainly up on his averages from last year;-

2017 Bulldogs Stringer - games - 16, averages: disposals - 12.4, marks - 3, tackles - 1.8, goals - 1.5

2018 Bombers Stringer - games - 12, averages: disposals - 15.6, marks - 3.6, tackles - 3.4, goals - 1.4

I really like the way hes going about things - he's a real impact player, and at 24 still has plenty of good footy ahead of him.

Even compared to his AA year in 2015 he's ahead in most categories. The only one he's down on is goals per game

Even compared to his AA year in 2015 he's ahead in most categories. The only one he's down on is goals per game

Am more than happy with this. As a player in a different role he is performing to expectations. As a supporter, he is exceeding what I was hoping for from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats are even better when you compare just his last month. Has taken off after Blues game, in last four games averaging just under 22 disposals, 4 clearances and two goals a game.

Schache is what, 21? He's a KPP playing in two pretty disparaging teams so far, give him time.

Happy to reserve judgement for a while longer, but all signs point to absolute peaheart at the moment.

Stats are even better when you compare just his last month. Has taken off after Blues game, in last four games averaging just under 22 disposals, 4 clearances and two goals a game.

I'm not sure of the numbers exactly, but I imagine the split between forward and midfield is about the same for those last 4 games, give or take? What I do know is that he was forward for the entire game against Carlton, barely saw the ball in a shocking team display and was lucky to avoid the axe. Thank goodness he survived, as it's been a very promising month since.

His stats are even better when you compare his last game!

Well even better if you compare his last 10 minutes where he had four possessions. Extrapolate that to a full game of 100 mins and he’s averaging 40 disposals a game. Impressive indeed

Well even better if you compare his last 10 minutes where he had four possessions. Extrapolate that to a full game of 100 mins and he’s averaging 40 disposals a game. Impressive indeed
good point.

He also kicked a goal at one point, took about a minute. Extrapolate that out and he could kick 120 goals for a game

good point.

He also kicked a goal at one point, took about a minute. Extrapolate that out and he could kick 120 goals for a game
Seriously I was typing the exact same thing except going to say seconds and more goals but was distracted at work and when I came back to finish it I saw your post.

Seriously I was typing the exact same thing except going to say seconds and more goals but was distracted at work and when I came back to finish it I saw your post.
you need to prioritise better

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back