Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

You can run quickly with a football, no doubt.

But no one can run as quickly with the ball as they can without it. It is biomechanically not possible.

I'd swear guys like leroy Jetta and Shaun Edwards run faster when they have the ball than when they don't. Biomechanically doesn't make sense but mentally does.

Some people cannot give a **** chasing, true, but is besides the point

I understand what you're saying but on the footy field there's a few things to take into consideration.

For example - Edwards has the ball and Franklin is chasing him but can't catch him.

Franklin has the ball and Edwards is chasing him but can't catch him.

The player with ball can run zig zags to get space on opponent as the opponent is guessing which way he'll go etc.

The only true way to measure their speed would be in a true sprint race in lanes. This doesn't happen on a footy field.

I understand what you're saying but on the footy field there's a few things to take into consideration.

For example - Edwards has the ball and Franklin is chasing him but can't catch him.

Franklin has the ball and Edwards is chasing him but can't catch him.

The player with ball can run zig zags to get space on opponent as the opponent is guessing which way he'll go etc.

The only true way to measure their speed would be in a true sprint race in lanes. This doesn't happen on a footy field.

Yep, and on the footy field Franklin is very quick, and Hooker is quick enough. We know this by watching them play.

Didn't want to be drawn in to this silly argument, but couldn't help but to respond to the obviously incorrect assertion above.

But more importantly, Hooker for 5 years!!!

Yep, and on the footy field Franklin is very quick, and Hooker is quick enough. We know this by watching them play.

Didn't want to be drawn in to this silly argument, but couldn't help but to respond to the obviously incorrect assertion above.

But more importantly, Hooker for 5 years!!!
Incorrext assertion that you just agreed with.

Hooker isn't naturally slow.

He used to have a weird gait.

Incorrext assertion that you just agreed with.

Hooker isn't naturally slow.
I didn't call Hooker slow, someone else did. I also don't care who thinks Hooker is fast or slow, he's fast enough, I only care that he continues to play bloody good football for another 5 years, as he has done for the past 3.

I merely disagreed with the assertion that you can run at top speed whilst bouncing the ball, as it is simply incorrect. You have misinterpreted something I have written, if you think I've agreed with this assertion.

Disappointed in myself for watching those FC flogs (Lloydy excepted), nothing story and Hutchy was just arguing points he surely doesn't believe
Hutch n Barrett's reporting careers in footy are pretty much done yeh? Do they have any Intel beside personal opinion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutch n Barrett's reporting careers in footy are pretty much done yeh? Do they have any Intel beside personal opinion?
Is that as in 'careers after the suspended players finish their playing careers'? Obviously not watching Fox, because Dyse already got another gig whilst under suspension.

Is that as in 'careers after the suspended players finish their playing careers'? Obviously not watching Fox, because Dyse already got another gig whilst under suspension.
No I meant Barrett n hutchy need to find other jobs cos they have no credibility

For a supposed reporter, Barrett's bias against the Bombers is appalling. There has to be an issue.
Show us on the doll where Essendon touched you Purple.
He has literally said he is "anti-Essendon". Keeping that in mind it's pretty easy to take nothing he says about the club seriously. Easy.

I just read the article saying North were after Hooker. Could anything be more annoying than one of our star players going to them?
Bro, do you even Essendon?

Many things could be and have been more annoying. Supplements scandal, trading in mark williams, jay neagle playing on, dean wallis playing on, hawthorn winning flags like shelling peas, carlton winning one of their last 6 games against us etc etc etc

Bro, do you even Essendon?

Many things could be and have been more annoying. Supplements scandal, trading in mark williams, jay neagle playing on, dean wallis playing on, hawthorn winning flags like shelling peas, carlton winning one of their last 6 games against us etc etc etc

Bro, I fully Essendon. I have to say, though, the most annoying aspect of ASAGA was ******* opposition supporters taking constant digs at our club and players, and North fans were the worst of them, possibly followed by Hawthorn. So if Hooker went to North or Hawthorn I would hate it way more than if he went to, say, Fremantle.

I'm sort of over the '99 prelim.

Bro, I fully Essendon. I have to say, though, the most annoying aspect of ASAGA was ******* opposition supporters taking constant digs at our club and players, and North fans were the worst of them, possibly followed by Hawthorn. So if Hooker went to North or Hawthorn I would hate it way more than if he went to, say, Fremantle.

I'm sort of over the '99 prelim.

I found Norf and Dogs supporters to be the worst when it came to ASAGA.... foaming mouthbreathers. But then again when do Norf and dogs supporters not foam over something anti-Essendon.

I would have died a little inside If hooker had gone to those 2... or Whorethorn or the scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Back