#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Never seemed settled at AFL level, dont think that will change at the Bombers - but wish him well as long as his fortunes dont conflict with our own!

Will never forget this game though, filled us all with so much hope .....

That didnt really convince me of anything honestly, I got sucked in in 2020 when he put together a few good games. Played really well vs Hawthorn in Western Sydney in particular. Showed some aggression and ability to be a #1 forward for a month then reverted back to the usual soft/goes missing Weid that wed seen for 95% of his career.

If a Collingwood member interrupted the circle jerk and wrote on this board that it was a terrible idea for Melbourne to trade for Grundy would they get banned? Especially when it is obviously true?

Thats not the way big footy works, some boards will let you get away with things others wont, going in guns a blazing to opposition boards telling them why they f'd up is never smart. Youre lucky to get only get a board ban, do that on the Carlton board and youre suspended for a month.

Im all for a bit of opposition board trolling but you have to do it stealthily.

Thats not the way big footy works, some boards will let you get away with things others wont, going in guns a blazing to opposition boards telling them why they f'd up is never smart. Youre lucky to get only get a board ban, do that on the Carlton board and youre suspended for a month.

Im all for a bit of opposition board trolling but you have to do it stealthily

I guess posting this gif with it probably didn't help

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Im all for a bit of opposition board trolling but you have to do it stealthily.
Particularly because Essendon is hyper sensitive. They’ve been hung drawn and quartered over the drugs, Hird, and happy flappy church chap they appointed.

Plus they just lost Aaron Francis.

That didnt really convince me of anything honestly, I got sucked in in 2020 when he put together a few good games. Played really well vs Hawthorn in Western Sydney in particular. Showed some aggression and ability to be a #1 forward for a month then reverted back to the usual soft/goes missing Weid that wed seen for 95% of his career.
Yeah this patch right here, he was killing it and flying for everything. Replaced TMac as our number one forward too. And then the goalless games start coming in and he loses all that confidence straight away
Screenshots_2022-10-13-11-03-43.png

Yeah, played some great footy in that stretch. Wasn't just the goals/marks but he legitimately did fly for everything and really straightened us up with Tmac going missing.

Thought it had clicked for him then but he just never fully believed in himself and played like he thought he was one mistake from being dropped from the team.

Unfortunately, you can't have that mindset as an elite athlete. Not sure it will click at Essendon but stranger things have happened.

Crazy to think he had 24 disposals and 7 marks in that 2018 elimination final. Never really got close to that again. Also love that his last game for us was a 1 touch 1 goal game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, played some great footy in that stretch. Wasn't just the goals/marks but he legitimately did fly for everything and really straightened us up with Tmac going missing.

Thought it had clicked for him then but he just never fully believed in himself and played like he thought he was one mistake from being dropped from the team.

Unfortunately, you can't have that mindset as an elite athlete. Not sure it will click at Essendon but stranger things have happened.

Crazy to think he had 24 disposals and 7 marks in that 2018 elimination final. Never really got close to that again. Also love that his last game for us was a 1 touch 1 goal game.
In 2020 , I remember there being games where he could've kicked a bag of 4-5 (in 2020 terms, that's a bag) but he was often giving them away and had a few goal assists.
I honestly hope he goes well. I hate seeing players with talent early on dwindle away, it's just a shame. Especially for forwards in this era.

Same to Hoges, I know we love to rag on him but damn he was good early on, genuinely thought he was gonns go on to kick 500-600 goals.

After winning the premiership , I think I feel a bit lighter and generous towards former players. Except for Jeremy Howe, he can go heck himself lol I'd love him to finish his career without a premiership

We'll bring that 5% out of him 95% of the time :hearts:
stealth.jpg

We'll bring that 5% out of him 95% of the time :hearts:
View attachment 1535269

Best of luck dear friend and NFL fantasy nemesis BGT, youre going to need it.

I mentioned yesterday how thankful I was that Weid kicked 4 goals vs you last season. Is that our list manager Tim Lamb escaping The Hanger with pick 37 above?

Yeah this patch right here, he was killing it and flying for everything. Replaced TMac as our number one forward too. And then the goalless games start coming in and he loses all that confidence straight away
View attachment 1535194
I reckon he would have kicked the most goals in the comp in that stretch. That Brisbane game was a shocker for forwards as well. Frustrating as all hell - especially for him to apparently do a really good preseason before 2021 and then fracture the base of his tailbone or whatever it was.

That being said, if you’re good enough you shouldn’t need things to constantly line up perfectly. Not his fault that we went to s**t in 2019 after he ‘came good’ in finals or that he seemed to get injured at the worst times, but as I’ve always said his biggest issue was just not doing the easy things and that shouldn’t require much luck

Yes hopefully he can form a partnership with Wright.
Yep... and by the way, 2MtrPeter was my first choice to recruit... the other year, when we picked up BBBrown.

pWright was my choice, or if not him, then BBBrown. We went BBBrown obviously. which has served us well with a flag BUT, What might have been.

Anyway my next preference for F/Forward, is Benee King... OOC 2024, so now is the time to be an earwig in his ear.

That Brown boy will be cooked by the end of 2023.

Yep... and by the way, 2MtrPeter was my first choice to recruit... the other year, when we picked up BBBrown.

pWright was my choice, or if not him, then BBBrown. We went BBBrown obviously. which has served us well with a flag BUT, What might have been.

Anyway my next preference for F/Forward, is Benee King... OOC 2024, so now is the time to be an earwig in his ear.

That Brown boy will be cooked by the end of 2023.
100% should be all over this kid! Most other clubs will be thinking the same, but we are in desperate need of a bloke exactly like him. Would be disappointed if we don't have a massive crack at him now we have the trade currency with a few great picks next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back