Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Every time the club posts something positive on insta like after a win I've seen lots of likes from other players, our own women's players and ex players alike, but absolutely none from him.

To me, it reeks of someone who doesn't give a s*** anymore.

This

Yeah but he hasn't posted anything dodgy for ages. Someone reposted what looked like an old video of him and people were carrying on as if he'd done it. This is clearly an event associated with Nike and they may have just dropped him (or maybe will drop him at the end of June so he's still fulfilling his responsibilities to his sponsor,) either way him still showing up wearing their shoes is not a bad thing. But other people are still giving him s**t about it.

I know he's bought this on himself but no one here really knows what's going on with him, its all second hand.

But this echo chamber in here just continually grows momentum every time someone posts in this thread.

I think its a bit rich to carry on about someone's else's behavioural issues when we've embraced Clarko as a coach and love his. He's a combatative campaigner. He's not necessarily a nice person. But he is good at what he does and he probably tries to be the best person he can be. And he'll use his combatative nature to defend us and our players. Good on him. When he started coaching us he publicly referred to the club and some of the great names associated with it basically saving him from wasting his life. How many of you would be saying the same things about him if you'd known any of that back then?

And obviously he'd think talent like Thomas is worth keeping if he can play good footy for us.

It was year ago that Thomas gave himself internal injuries playing for this club. He might have been ******* up (like a typical footy player) after hours but he still showed a shitload of courage. how many of you can look yourself in the eye next time you're looking in the mirror and know you'd put yourself on the line like that when it mattered.

Thomas is still a North player, either until he gets his s**t together or until the club drops him. Until then we need to cut the abuse out and show at least some decorum if we can't respect him.
I can’t agree mate the bloke is taking massive money from the club and his behaviour can’t even get him on the park. It has always been avoidable, it’s not even about the lack of form, that shit happens but to be initially suspended and put through a training program but not even give a **** enough to give it the attention it deserved, yeah he’s fair game to cop shit in my book.

Yeah but he hasn't posted anything dodgy for ages. Someone reposted what looked like an old video of him and people were carrying on as if he'd done it. This is clearly an event associated with Nike and they may have just dropped him (or maybe will drop him at the end of June so he's still fulfilling his responsibilities to his sponsor,) either way him still showing up wearing their shoes is not a bad thing. But other people are still giving him s**t about it.

I know he's bought this on himself but no one here really knows what's going on with him, its all second hand.

But this echo chamber in here just continually grows momentum every time someone posts in this thread.

I think its a bit rich to carry on about someone's else's behavioural issues when we've embraced Clarko as a coach and love his. He's a combatative campaigner. He's not necessarily a nice person. But he is good at what he does and he probably tries to be the best person he can be. And he'll use his combatative nature to defend us and our players. Good on him. When he started coaching us he publicly referred to the club and some of the great names associated with it basically saving him from wasting his life. How many of you would be saying the same things about him if you'd known any of that back then?

And obviously he'd think talent like Thomas is worth keeping if he can play good footy for us.

It was year ago that Thomas gave himself internal injuries playing for this club. He might have been ******* up (like a typical footy player) after hours but he still showed a shitload of courage. how many of you can look yourself in the eye next time you're looking in the mirror and know you'd put yourself on the line like that when it mattered.

Thomas is still a North player, either until he gets his s**t together or until the club drops him. Until then we need to cut the abuse out and show at least some decorum if we can't respect him.
The big difference is Clarkson is all in. It's easy to forgive certain character flaws when you're a heart and soul type.

Thomas is all out at the moment. Harder to forgive when you're heartless.

This. Every time the club posts something positive on insta like after a win I've seen lots of likes from other players, our own women's players and ex players alike, but absolutely none from him.

To me, it reeks of someone who doesn't give a s*** anymore.
Also, I couldn't give a sh** about him anymore. I want him gone from the club. As Clarko said he wants players on board the bus. I don't think he ever boarded it.

Not just that, but more importantly as a person he's an idiot. The way he treats women isn't good enough for mine.

Me too.

Not seeing any signs of it unfortunately.
Where would you see signs of it tho. Seriously. He's not allowed to associate with the club and whatever happens in his programs is private.

I don't look at instagram so i just did then, at his obviously. Its all fairly clean cut looking, uncontroversial really. Nothing like partying at nightclubs or what have you. I just looked at the front page, didn't click on anything or whatever but the poiont is it not like some of the stuff I've seen referenced here. it looks like it moving ina different direction. But honestly I dunno cos I ignore that shit.

There's like three photos of him standing there dressed like he was in court. As well as the stupid pants in the aire pic.

So without following his stuff enough to have a clue really I'd say to a casual observer it looks like he's dropped the overt nightclub partying and is presenting a more conservative, less crazy image. Now to me that would seem like the sort of outcome the programs he's on are trying for. if he's doing that doesn't it show he's starting to twig to how he should present himself and hopefully how he carries himself and behaves?

Where would you see signs of it tho. Seriously. He's not allowed to associate with the club and whatever happens in his programs is private.

I don't look at instagram so i just did then, at his obviously. Its all fairly clean cut looking, uncontroversial really. Nothing like partying at nightclubs or what have you. I just looked at the front page, didn't click on anything or whatever but the poiont is it not like some of the stuff I've seen referenced here. it looks like it moving ina different direction. But honestly I dunno cos I ignore that s**t.

There's like three photos of him standing there dressed like he was in court. As well as the stupid pants in the aire pic.

So without following his stuff enough to have a clue really I'd say to a casual observer it looks like he's dropped the overt nightclub partying and is presenting a more conservative, less crazy image. Now to me that would seem like the sort of outcome the programs he's on are trying for. if he's doing that doesn't it show he's starting to twig to how he should present himself and hopefully how he carries himself and behaves?
I'm not into over-interpreting insta post either, but I think what is damning for Tarryn is that what he does post is all about him, and literally nothing in support of his team mates. The boy has checked out.

I don't look at instagram so i just did then, at his obviously. Its all fairly clean cut looking, uncontroversial really. Nothing like partying at nightclubs or what have you. I just looked at the front page, didn't click on anything or whatever but the poiont is it not like some of the stuff I've seen referenced here. it looks like it moving ina different direction. But honestly I dunno cos I ignore that s**t.

If he took the original respect course seriously that might be a good indication

If he was really achieving the outcomes of the program he's been told to do, the club wouldn't have had to stand him down. A lot of what is being said here is speculation, but we do know that only two weeks ago, the club, which is best placed to know whats going on, came out publicly to say he wasn't satisfying the requirements and was being stood down.

Conversely, if it takes being publicly stood down, rather than genuine remorse and desire to change, for him to take the program seriously, that would reflect badly on TT as a person.

Conversely, if it takes being publicly stood down, rather than genuine remorse and desire to change, for him to take the program seriously, that would reflect badly on TT as a person.
I'd also add that there are no public signs that he is actually taking the program seriously, even after being stood down again

Hasn't he been told to step away from the club? I'd assume that includes social media. He is/was sponsored by Nike so this could just be a professional obligation to a sponsor in which case he's doing the right thing.
Nike's actually not involved with the movie at all (other than loving the free publicity).

I genuinely hope so but I wouldn’t hold my breath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is like a competition of who can be outraged more than the other.
It’s pretty pathetic the amount of energy people are giving to caring what he does or doesn’t do on social media.
Personally I hope he eventually learns his lessons, is remorseful for his actions and grows as a human being. Whether he ends up playing football again for us or another club, I really don’t care either way as that is a distant second to his other issues.

He’d have a contract that requires him to post on IG to get paid by whatever brand he’s promoting. Wouldn’t think too much on it.

I heard an interview with a female IG influencer that was contractually obligated to post pictures of herself looking like she was having the time of her life but in reality she was doing it really tough, looking after her mum as her dementia got worse.

Don’t know if that’s the case with Tas, but I wouldn’t pay much attention to social media pictures.

It’s pretty pathetic the amount of energy people are giving to caring what he does or doesn’t do on social media.
Personally I hope he eventually learns his lessons, is remorseful for his actions and grows as a human being. Whether he ends up playing football again for us or another club, I really don’t care either way as that is a distant second to his other issues.

J Peterman No GIF

I am guessing that clubs/players can hire “minder” agents. People who are hired to essentially make sure you can’t eff-up in any shape or form in public or on social media…If Thomas hadn’t hired someone like this to preserve his dying public image, then he is a fool.

He’d have a contract that requires him to post on IG to get paid by whatever brand he’s promoting. Wouldn’t think too much on it.

I heard an interview with a female IG influencer that was contractually obligated to post pictures of herself looking like she was having the time of her life but in reality she was doing it really tough, looking after her mum as her dementia got worse.

Don’t know if that’s the case with Tas, but I wouldn’t pay much attention to social media pictures.

He's only got 10k followers.

I doubt he's getting paid for anything, it would just amount to free merch/products/tickets.

Look, you are party right. People have been spouting opinions (I’m guilty of this) about stuff we really have very little actual info about.

However, we are talking about his social media because we care about the club. More so (it seems) than a player that is earning 10 times the average Australian’s salary. Every action he does from this point should be scrutinised because with them he drags the club further and further through sh*t that it can Ill-afford to be dragged through with head hunters constantly circling in the media.

I respect your perspective, but I have a slightly different view. Along with many others, my hard earned is putting a six figure salary in the Tarryn’s pocket, which I think entitles us to a view about how he treats the club. In that regard, my issue is not what he posts, but what he doesn’t, which is to say, not one thing about the team or his mates, who are trying to rebuild the club from a very low base. Tells us - in my view - where his priorities lie, and North Melbourne Football Club is apparently not high on the list - in which case, I’d be happy if I can have my money back

Ferbs, like you most of us have backed TT in since the very beginning, I remember a few years ago I thought Geraldo Healy was a borderline racist the way he constantly singled out TT for being a lazy, one-way runner.

You’ve repeatedly had his back over the journey and still do, but this latest stuff is the final straw for me.

I feel his close circle of acquaintances are using his AFL status to leech off him and give him poor advice. I remember Mike Tyson saying all the people he thought were his friends just fleeced him and as soon as he wasn’t relevant anymore they disappeared into thin air. The exact same will happen here.

From the club’s pov, he’s getting paid enormous money (not) to do a job that most of us dreamed about but never had the silky talent he has. After all the turmoil of the past three years and as we look to finally get some positivity he puts the club back on the front page again in a negative light.

To have a police investigation on you and be protected by the club, to being stood down indefinitely within a fortnight tells me he either doesn’t get it or he just doesn’t care.

Just on being stood down by the club, something that really disappointed me which hasn’t been discussed on here was in Todd’s first presser about the allegations he mentioned that TT fronted the leadership group and apologised (at the time I thought he may have turned the corner), but then in no time he’s stood down indefinitely.. it was all lip service straight to his team mates faces.

I keep comparing him to Jy, they both made mistakes as young blokes - we all did, but one knuckled down and is captain of the club and the other is potentially destroying his career.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at either Gold Coast or at Poort with mummys boy next year because both suit his social lifestyle, right now he would be massive odds to be at Arden Street which is sad, but the train moves on..

Stop treating women like s**t, turn up fit and earn your money. All this can be achieveable by seasons end. I don't give a flying f**k about buy-in, what he likes, dislikes or tweets!

Ferbs, like you most of us have backed TT in since the very beginning, I remember a few years ago I thought Geraldo Healy was a borderline racist the way he constantly singled out TT for being a lazy, one-way runner.

You’ve repeatedly had his back over the journey and still do, but this latest stuff is the final straw for me.

I feel his close circle of acquaintances are using his AFL status to leech off him and give him poor advice. I remember Mike Tyson saying all the people he thought were his friends just fleeced him and as soon as he wasn’t relevant anymore they disappeared into thin air. The exact same will happen here.

From the club’s pov, he’s getting paid enormous money (not) to do a job that most of us dreamed about but never had the silky talent he has. After all the turmoil of the past three years and as we look to finally get some positivity he puts the club back on the front page again in a negative light.

To have a police investigation on you and be protected by the club, to being stood down indefinitely within a fortnight tells me he either doesn’t get it or he just doesn’t care.

Just on being stood down by the club, something that really disappointed me which hasn’t been discussed on here was in Todd’s first presser about the allegations he mentioned that TT fronted the leadership group and apologised (at the time I thought he may have turned the corner), but then in no time he’s stood down indefinitely.. it was all lip service straight to his team mates faces.

I keep comparing him to Jy, they both made mistakes as young blokes - we all did, but one knuckled down and is captain of the club and the other is potentially destroying his career.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at either Gold Coast or at Poort with mummys boy next year because both suit his social lifestyle, right now he would be massive odds to be at Arden Street which is sad, but the train moves on..
Adelaide media will eat him alive and he wont be able to go out anywhere. You know what its like living in a 2 team town. Any place TT went more than half the people would be wanting to give him shit. Crows supporters despise Port players and if he's continued with his 'gangsta' life style he'll cop it where ever he goes.

Gold Coast, now that would be interesting. Cant wear your big gangsta jackets on the coast. GWS or Sydney would be the best clubs for him but I doubt very much is dick wad manager will give him good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back