Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that news outlets are using phrases that suggest physical attacks, when none of the accusations say this.

In no way am I condoning any sort of abusive or coercive behaviour, I just think it's pretty s**t to be deliberately ambiguous to make a story more sensational.
The whole situation has pissed off ex vibes.

If there was any physical violence and/or threatening behaviour then the police are the first point of contact, not the AFL.

The fact it also leaked to the media has a certain stink to it.

I don't think the AFL wants him leaving us in disgrace tbh, certainly not with the Clarko stuff still live.

In fact, I think they're terrified of that outcome and actually its working to ouir benefit as long as want to keep Tarryn.

I don't know what was in the texts, or even if it was just texts, but The acurate one has enough runs on the board and it fits with Tarryn's previous so let's go with it.

We haven't stood him down yet. If the new stuff was real bad, the AFL would have ordered immediate stand down.

If we thought it was severe enough, we would stand him down ourselves.

We may yet stand him down, but the fact a few days have gone past and no stand downs shows its probably not terminal.

Yes I was told about the texts and they're definitely new, I wasn't told what they said, but yes it was a repeat of his last efforts.

FWIW I teeter between him getting the arse & us giving him one last shot at it.
Well after he reads out his texts in front of every female footballer/employee at the club.

This after all can't continue, but again we need to assist him and his life.

there is quite a decent amount of research around why people don't go to the police for experiences of DV. There certainly isn't one simple answer. But since the question has been asked about 50 thousand times so far in the last two days, and also so obviously used as a blight on their character for not doing so, maybe havin a quick look through research around it would be a place to start?

there is quite a decent amount of research around why people don't go to the police for experiences of DV. There certainly isn't one simple answer. But since the question has been asked about 50 thousand times so far in the last two days, and also so obviously used as a blight on their character for not doing so, maybe havin a quick look through research around it would be a place to start?

Also what is “domestic violence”?

I looked it up and it’s said it’s violence, threats etc when you’re cohabitating with someone

She follows a few players from north. A few from other clubs.

I think most people in their 30’s follow celebrities on insta etc.

You seem to follow people on twitter judging from all the tweets you put up on the devils chess board thread. Like the one the other day about how Iran had attacked American bases in Iraq.

Maybe you should start following footballers rather than being a bit stalkery of incorrect people on twitter?

Yeah, I don't use Insta, mostly because there's footballers and influencers on Insta, and on Twitter you get to see videos of Iranians firing ballistic missiles at American bases.

Yep, that’s why I posted earlier he’d be odds on to ask for a trade to swans or giants come years end

If he was going to ask for a trade, he would have done it last year imo.

From all I hear*, he's very invested.

* Jy Simpkin presser

Was going to say something but then realised I posted my thoughts in the Commentary & Media thread instead about what Tarryn's going through. All I'll say is that I think everything's going to work itself out, and things are never as bad as it seems.
Work Out Love GIF by HULU

Also what is “domestic violence”?

I looked it up and it’s said it’s violence, threats etc when you’re cohabitating with someone
sure, it's also often used as interchangable term between other terms like domestic abuse, intimate partner violence, family violence. But i lean more towards those terms having more defined parameters.

cohabitation is a common aspect, but isn't necessarily a factor. The relationship between the perpetrator and victim is more likely than habitation to factor in it's definition.

Physical abuse, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, social abuse, economic abuse, spiritual abuse would all be behaviours that would be considered domestic violence.

sure, it's also often used as interchangable term between other terms like domestic abuse, intimate partner violence, family violence. But i lean more towards those terms having more defined parameters.

cohabitation is a common aspect, but isn't necessarily a factor. The relationship between the perpetrator and victim is more likely than habitation to factor in it's definition.

Physical abuse, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, social abuse, economic abuse, spiritual abuse would all be behaviours that would be considered domestic violence.

Thanks for your input.

I was discussing this the other day with someone.

If a husband cheats on his wife, is that domestic violence? It’s emotional abuse so I would say yes based on what you wrote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your input.

I was discussing this the other day with someone.

If a husband cheats on his wife, is that domestic violence? It’s emotional abuse so I would say yes based on what you wrote.
from my experience i would say that cheating certainly can feature in emotional abuse but it really does depend on the further circumstances.

For a lot of people, cheating is the end of the relationship. Once that happens, they're done, they leave the relationship. There may be the possibility for recovery but that depends. And so though the action is impactful enough to destroy the previous relationship, the trust that they had, the care, it doesn't necessarily create the same pattern as other forms of emotional abuse.

More often emotional abuse is heavily linked to verbal abuse. Sort of like the effect of verbal abuse. Constantly putting the other person down, comparing them in a negative way to others, belittling their achievements. Eroding their sense of self worth and value. If someone was cheating on somoene else and then using that behaviour as emotional abuse, that certainly could be where that would factor in.

Getting way off topic but yes, one of the most vicious signs of complete coercive control and dominance over an abused woman is a man bringing home other women for sex.

Its a common feature of high end domestic violence situations.

Was TT at training today?

No.

Absent from training were Liam Shiels (family wedding) and Tarryn Thomas who remains away from the club.

Rather delphic from the club, I wasn't aware Tarryn had left the club as it were.

I don't mind us giving him a few days off, in fact I think it is the most sensible thing to do.

No
They wanted to avoid a media circus creating a distraction fresh off the allegations

But really we should just be BAU and not worry about the media, they can watch training and we don’t need to answer their questions about it
Great….maybe the club should set up an interview with the AFL and ask who leaked the story? And then when the AFL doesn’t accept responsibility we can naturally assume the complainant did and the whole case can be thrown out due to unfair process.

On the surface this sounds like nothing more than an attempt to get him sacked.

He probably acted like a massive dick when they broke up, but the fact the individual didn’t take it to the police has woman scorned vibes.

Unless he is threatening physical harm, blackmail etc the individual should move on instead of trying to ruin someone’s career.

It probably isn’t the first and won’t be the last time that a messy breakup results in some harsh name calling or abuse.

I definitely don’t condone anything that is physical or threatening, but if this was the case surely the police are the first point of contact and not the AFL?

This is why I’m holding judgement. I’ve had a crazy ex stalk me after I broke up with her, she turned up at my parents house, rang me at least 50 times a day, couldn’t turn my phone on (pre smartphone days), found out where I was once and laid down behind my car so I couldn’t leave….that went on for months. Then she found out I started seeing someone else, rang my work and told them that I was stealing from them and had the stuff in my garage, I didn’t and told my director to go check. She made up lies about what I had done and threatened to get my new partner bashed. Then she took an intervention order out against me (even though I never wanted anything to do with the campaigner again), but I went to court with all the evidence against her because I didn’t want that stink on me, i had heaps of evidence of what she had done, the magistrate didn’t even take it into consideration and granted the Intervention order.

I do get it because women are far more vulnerable to DV so they get the benefit of the doubt, which I support if it saves lives. Though it is one area that equal opportunity doesn’t get a look in.

This is why I’m holding judgement. I’ve had a crazy ex stalk me after I broke up with her, she turned up at my parents house, rang me at least 50 times a day, couldn’t turn my phone on (pre smartphone days), found out where I was once and laid down behind my car so I couldn’t leave….that went on for months. Then she found out I started seeing someone else, rang my work and told them that I was stealing from them and had the stuff in my garage, I didn’t and told my director to go check. She made up lies about what I had done and threatened to get my new partner bashed. Then she took an intervention order out against me (even though I never wanted anything to do with the campaigner again), but I went to court with all the evidence against her because I didn’t want that stink on me, i had heaps of evidence of what she had done, the magistrate didn’t even take it into consideration and granted the Intervention order.

I do get it because women are far more vulnerable to DV so they get the benefit of the doubt, which I support if it saves lives. Though it is one area that equal opportunity doesn’t get a look in.

Incredible.

Sorry you had to go through that mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back