Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer saying he expects him back at the club soon.

It’s pointing that way. Clarko’s whacked one of the parasites on his behalf, he’s been meeting with Jy and Luke….

Hopefully he and Goater can team up across hb and put an end to the fawning over that D’Ambrosia thing from *.

Starting to get the sense that we'll keep him. But I hope he gets delisted and paid out if he has any more run ins with the law. We don't need that s**t tainting what is the most positive club atmosphere in years, if not decades. Enough dilly dallying. Shape up or * off
He’d have to be on his final chance

Yesterday I mentioned to my son that I had read on Big Footy that TT had broken up with his girlfriend. He just looked at me and said “Dad, for God’s sake, give it a break”. I instantly felt very stupid. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I keep coming back to this. It's an early contender for post of the year IMO.

Starting to get the sense that we'll keep him. But I hope he gets delisted and paid out if he has any more run ins with the law. We don't need that s**t tainting what is the most positive club atmosphere in years, if not decades. Enough dilly dallying. Shape up or * off

I would imagine that the club has told him that he is skating on thin ice but saying that, I don't think it helps to place ultimatums that one more bad story and he is gone. Having that Sword of Damocles over his head is different to addressing issues he has.

He needs guidance, love and support. We are a family club, we care for and support our players, not just the good boys. What is best for him, for us as a club and society as a whole is for us to help him address the issues he has, be it anger management or his attitudes with people. For every person AFL clubs turn around it is evidence that people in the community that they can turn their life around if they acknowledge their problems and get help.

I think every player that is cast out and continues to have problems is a failure, a missed opportunity to create positive examples. The Ben Cousins going on the freakout tour wasn't good for society or the game, him being reformed is a positive image for those who have substance abuse problems. I think we can do more to show we care about our society and community whilst having high standards.

Football is important for all of us, but there are more important things in life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully all will be played out in the next month or so. Needs a resolution so TT's future with us is determined one way or the other, as well as him getting what support is needed. Much will depend on the more recent Police interviews with his former GFs and whether or not more charges flow. I've been told many stories but doesn't mean they are true. Let's hope we can get him back on the field. Time will tell.

I would imagine that the club has told him that he is skating on thin ice but saying that, I don't think it helps to place ultimatums that one more bad story and he is gone. Having that Sword of Damocles over his head is different to addressing issues he has.

He needs guidance, love and support. We are a family club, we care for and support our players, not just the good boys. What is best for him, for us as a club and society as a whole is for us to help him address the issues he has, be it anger management or his attitudes with people. For every person AFL clubs turn around it is evidence that people in the community that they can turn their life around if they acknowledge their problems and get help.

I think every player that is cast out and continues to have problems is a failure, a missed opportunity to create positive examples. The Ben Cousins going on the freakout tour wasn't good for society or the game, him being reformed is a positive image for those who have substance abuse problems. I think we can do more to show we care about our society and community whilst having high standards.

Football is important for all of us, but there are more important things in life.

I’d be extremely surprised and disappointed if the club hasn’t offered him guidance and support.
The old saying is “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink”.
Hopefully this thoroughbred is starting to drink.

You would bloody hope so 🤞He would have to be close to being on his last chance.
Would have to be the stupidest player to have ever put on the stripes if he somehow gets another chance at a career and squanders it.

Let’s pray he doesn’t, that gets the support he needs to reform. He should feel kind of lucky the team didn’t cut ties under the media scrutiny and instead is backing him to make positive change.

Last edited:
I’d be extremely surprised and disappointed if the club hasn’t offered him guidance and support.
The old saying is “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink”.

Yeah, but not all guidance is effective, need to find the right kind of help that addresses his specific issues. It is one thing to say don't threaten women and it is another when your emotions are elevated to extremes for some people to think logically. All the good advice isn't going to help if you can't control your emotions or have the toolset to diffuse those high stress periods.

We need to find the right path that helps him, i am sure 99% of the time he is a good person and I think that is the person we see at the club. It is the art of staying in control that some people struggle with.

I'm sure they have.

Mate, we've been providing him with 'support' and he reacts by going and committing another potential offence, if not multiple. I've had enough. No kumbaya bollocks. I'm happy to nurse the lads through that make a mistake or a misstep. This isn't a mistake or a misstep, it's a pattern. I'm sick of seeing this club's name in the media over negative crap. I'm sick of waking up and seeing the surfacing of another scandal. If this was a Jack Mahony, we'd have dumped him. Because it's our most talented player since arguably the turn of the century, people see him through rose coloured glasses. Talent doesn't preclude you from the requirement to meet basic standards. It's my view that a sword of Damocles will hammer home the message that he needs to get his shit together and will force him to pull his head in. Keep tabs on his mental health, help him through if he accepts the help, sure, but do it under the shared notion that he's used up all his chances. It's time for TT to get a little dose of reality

Mate, we've been providing him with 'support' and he reacts by going and committing another potential offence, if not multiple. I've had enough. No kumbaya bollocks. I'm happy to nurse the lads through that make a mistake or a misstep. This isn't a mistake or a misstep, it's a pattern. I'm sick of seeing this club's name in the media over negative crap. I'm sick of waking up and seeing the surfacing of another scandal. If this was a Jack Mahony, we'd have dumped him. Because it's our most talented player since arguably the turn of the century, people see him through rose coloured glasses. Talent doesn't preclude you from the requirement to meet basic standards. It's my view that a sword of Damocles will hammer home the message that he needs to get his s**t together and will force him to pull his head in. Keep tabs on his mental health, help him through if he accepts the help, sure, but do it under the shared notion that he's used up all his chances. It's time for TT to get a little dose of reality

Yes, naturally we have more patience depending on how talented the player is.

I understand people's frustrations and I don't think anyone is seeing it through rose coloured glasses. There are limits as to what clubs can/want to deal with and he is probably close to that limit, ultimatums rarely work, you need to identify what it is that is causing the lack of control and find an effective means to correct it. If he wasn't remorseful and had no intention to try and change then the club and AFL would have been done with him.

Adelaide didn't try hard enough with Stengle, he got his shit together and Geelong gave him a chance, we have nothing to gain by throwing him out and someone else getting him for free when he has resolved his issues. I understand that for every Stengle there is someone else who didn't get their shit together after being dumped. People are just too quick to judge, they aren't robots, they are people and humans are imperfect.

How long should we persist? I do not know. I don't know what his fate will be, I'd just prefer us not to give up because it will be hard to fix his problems. It isn't just Thomas but every other player that is a part of his life, they wouldn't want us to kick him to the curb. For family and loyalty to mean something, it has to be a two-way street.

Yes, naturally we have more patience depending on how talented the player is.

I understand people's frustrations and I don't think anyone is seeing it through rose coloured glasses. There are limits as to what clubs can/want to deal with and he is probably close to that limit, ultimatums rarely work, you need to identify what it is that is causing the lack of control and find an effective means to correct it. If he wasn't remorseful and had no intention to try and change then the club and AFL would have been done with him.

Adelaide didn't try hard enough with Stengle, he got his s**t together and Geelong gave him a chance, we have nothing to gain by throwing him out and someone else getting him for free when he has resolved his issues. I understand that for every Stengle there is someone else who didn't get their s**t together after being dumped. People are just too quick to judge, they aren't robots, they are people and humans are imperfect.

How long should we persist? I do not know. I don't know what his fate will be, I'd just prefer us not to give up because it will be hard to fix his problems. It isn't just Thomas but every other player that is a part of his life, they wouldn't want us to kick him to the curb. For family and loyalty to mean something, it has to be a two-way street.
That's your call and it's as valid as any. I still don't like seeing someone cop preferential treatment due to a characteristic out of their control, and I'm still pissed off that he's done what he's allegedly done and faced very little consequence. And to be perfectly fair to him there, the club has a case to answer about that. Letting him play as if nothing had happened and trusting that he wouldn't commit any further offences was a shocking judgment call and made the whole club look like muppets. Obviously I'd like him to turn it around, as he could be a superstar, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd sooner enjoy the fruits of the blokes who do want to be at the club, who value the privileged position they find themselves in, and behave accordingly off the field. The ball's in TT's and the club's court now, and it's up to them to bring everyone who's turned on him back around, with tangible results and actions

That's your call and it's as valid as any. I still don't like seeing someone cop preferential treatment due to a characteristic out of their control, and I'm still pissed off that he's done what he's allegedly done and faced very little consequence. And to be perfectly fair to him there, the club has a case to answer about that. Letting him play as if nothing had happened and trusting that he wouldn't commit any further offences was a shocking judgment call and made the whole club look like muppets. Obviously I'd like him to turn it around, as he could be a superstar, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd sooner enjoy the fruits of the blokes who do want to be at the club, who value the privileged position they find themselves in, and behave accordingly off the field. The ball's in TT's and the club's court now, and it's up to them to bring everyone who's turned on him back around, with tangible results and actions

Could you post the timeline of the allegations alongside the games that TT played at AFL level last year because the rest of us don't have the information that you seem to have on this.

I haven't followed this story and TTs dating situation as closely as others but my understanding is that he didn't play 1sts at all after these allegations. He was put into the training program.

My reading of the tea leaves is that the club is very unhappy with the latest allegation because it happened shortly after they put him into the training/education program. All of the others were before he got a talking to. The latest one being after that is a sign that he wasn't taking it seriously. That's why he was sent home.

The club stuck their neck out by trying to keep this quiet and he responded by keeping up the shitty behaviour and flaunting it on instagram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back