Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot wait for him to be delisted.

Where were those posters that said he will be better when he’s surrounded by tarranto, hopper and Prestia?

This isn’t how if you surround yourself with good looking people you become better looking, you standout like dogshit!

And that’s what Dow is, dogshit.
In fairness his hardly been surrounded by those 3 lol

If he could play H/F and kick one goal every second week, that’d be something but it doesn’t happen.
The guy gets pushed outve his lane too easily.
I think Yze told him he’d get a good block of games and he did but I don’t think he’s shown he can make it.
He may get a one year deal and play VFL next year while things settle with the new list but I don’t think he can make the 1sts better.

If we don’t have Graham and Baker next year and don’t include the Wings.

Genuine quality inside mids for 25
Taranto

B grade inside/outside mids
Hopper
Ross
Sonsie

Rotations from other positions or for CB
Bolton

Development
Mcauliff
Banks
MRJ

We are pretty light on for good mids, I think we need to bring in an established quality mid and draft a couple of elite juniors.
Keep Dow as an injury replacement for another year but in my view he doesn’t make the team better.

If he could play H/F and kick one goal every second week, that’d be something but it doesn’t happen.
I think Yze told him he’d get a good block of games and he did but I don’t think he’s shown he can make it.
He may get a one year deal and play VFL next year while things settle with the new list but I don’t think he can make the 1sts better.

Taranto

Hopper
Ross
Sonsie

Bolton

Development
Mcauliff
Banks
MRJ

We are pretty light on for good mids, I think we need to bring in an established quality mid and draft a couple of elite juniors.
Keep Dow as an injury replacement for another year but in my view he doesn’t make the team better.
Yeah the bloke has nightmares about havin a set shot 40meters out directly in front so I don’t think him kicking goals is gunna happen

Another ordinary game on the weekend, getting upstaged by suburban footballers. Club should offer him 1 year rookie salary, if he wants more than that let him take his chances. Would be playing WRFL otherwise. Should be treated as nothing more than depth break glass in case of emergency from here on out. Another 1st round bust courtesy of Matt Clarke.

Taranto

Hopper
Ross
Sonsie

Bolton

Development
Mcauliff
Banks
MRJ

Sonsie b grade mid 😂 😂

Another ordinary game on the weekend, getting upstaged by suburban footballers. Club should offer him 1 year rookie salary, if he wants more than that let him take his chances. Would be playing WRFL otherwise. Should be treated as nothing more than depth break glass in case of emergency from here on out. Another 1st round bust courtesy of Matt Clarke.
I wouldn’t offer him anything as you said suburban footballers are basically better than him. He has no more advancement in his game so he must be delisted with Cumberland as he’s in the same boat.
Dow can’t kick 30m with any accuracy bc it’s a massive strain due to the distance being beyond him. It’s actually terrible watching him on a footy field bc he’s so immobile and slow then to move. I’m still confused how he’s survived so long and my only solution is that he’s so small compared to the rest that he has been mistaken as a staff members 15yo kid just having a kick with the boys.

Taranto

Hopper
Ross
Sonsie

Bolton

Development
Mcauliff
Banks
MRJ

Sonise as a B-grader at this point is a massive stretch.
More like D-grade at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he better then his brother?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
gene hackman flip a coin GIF

such a shame we can not get Dow to step it up.
lack of fight or maybe it's still the body or lack of it..
either way he will be pushed aside come next year.

I'm confident all our first year mids will all be upgrades on him from day one....like even any later picks...hell there's about 6 on our VFL list right now that would easily be better - and I wouldn't even rookie most of of them.... :$
This is 100% true. Not just several but ALL of the current VFL mids are displaying better more rounded games than Dow. He's a pure extractor that doesnt get it enough for how much time he spends on ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back