Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he goes back to the VFL and works on his weaknesses, that's all you can ask of players like him in this situation. Hopefully the experience he's gained at senior level enables him to be a more dominant player at VFL level.
Hope he goes back and plays another role. Needs another string desperately.

Hope he goes back and plays another role. Needs another string desperately.
Would definitely help him regarding his position on the list.

I don't see much hope. Have said it before, he has the defensive game of a player who is an all time offensive weapon, and the offensive game of a player who is an all time defensive weapon. It is not a great mixture.
I'm 100% in the same boat but it's worth trying. No point sending him back to VFL playing midfield hoping he's going to become a 25+ possession weapon at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow needs to go back and dominate, that's all you can ask. I doubt he'll be delisted because of depth issues, so he needs to come back next season a lot bigger and stronger. He might be back this year if his form warrants, but he has been given a good run and has come up short, not a lot short like some on here would say, but 19 average possessions a game doesn't cut it.

The year after with mids drafted this year, and MacAuliffe and maybe Campbell he will really have his work cut out.

Gees u guys saying his careers over!
he’s had a good run he’s just having a rest this week hell be back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You've made 20 posts. 19 defending Thomson Dow and 1 pumping up Paddy Wow. Give it a rest Mrs Dow. Your sons are collectively the worst 1st round busts ever. Also you've got a pies logo on your profile.... nothing sus about you at all 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He just doesn't seem to have the defensive game or ability to spread to play there. But I suppose playing that position may help him develop these areas further.
Yep needs to develop these aspects otherwise it's going to be bye bye. He's zero chance as a pure mid once we climb the ladder.

Hopper could well ping another hammy by 1/2 time
Our midfield at no stage has performed well with Hopper in the side .
People turn the spotlight on new players , let’s not forget hopper would be in the top echelon of contracts over the whole comp .
If re-named sanchez it’d be a lot easier to identify the clubs worst ever recruiting decision .

Our midfield at no stage has performed well with Hopper in the side .
People turn the spotlight on new players , let’s not forget hopper would be in the top echelon of contracts over the whole comp .
If re-named sanchez it’d be a lot easier to identify the clubs worst ever recruiting decision .
No he wouldn't. 19 players got paid $1million+ last season.

Dow needs to go back and dominate, that's all you can ask. I doubt he'll be delisted because of depth issues, so he needs to come back next season a lot bigger and stronger. He might be back this year if his form warrants, but he has been given a good run and has come up short, not a lot short like some on here would say, but 19 average possessions a game doesn't cut it.

The year after with mids drafted this year, and MacAuliffe and maybe Campbell he will really have his work cut out.
Its foot ball and Dow can't kick well. I have seen Soldo change his kick enabled him to take set shots from beyond 50.

Maybe he can bulk up too. As 23 year old going on 24

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back