Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t support Collingwood
I support Richmond

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

you lot are farrkkking pathetic.

Dow is no superstar, I can happily agree there, but since when did every player have to be a superstar? FM Dead, our 3 flags were filled with blokes who just played a role, because every team needs them.

He has been asked to nearly carry a midfield that has so far this season:

• TT missed how many games
  • Hopper, missed more than he's played
  • Dusty has looked sore or injured most of the year
  • Graham is going backwards at a rate of knots
  • Bolton, nearly the biggest disappointment for me, does all the flashy things, and is nearly the best in the comp when things are going welll, then goes absolutely missing when it gets tough for us
  • Prestia's body keeps letting him down

But we expect a bloke whos played a handful of games to be the numero uno mid... give it a rest!

And then worse, you all start with the name calling against one of OUR players!

He's not a star, no worries.
Is he going to be a star, prob not, but not every player will be.
And he might not make it, he may be delisted, sure, you may even be right there!

BUT the name calling is pathetic, given he's achieved more in his footy career than every single one of you.

you lot are farrkkking pathetic.

Dow is no superstar, I can happily agree there, but since when did every player have to be a superstar? FM Dead, our 3 flags were filled with blokes who just played a role, because every team needs them.

He has been asked to nearly carry a midfield that has so far this season:

• TT missed how many games
  • Hopper, missed more than he's played
  • Dusty has looked sore or injured most of the year
  • Graham is going backwards at a rate of knots
  • Bolton, nearly the biggest disappointment for me, does all the flashy things, and is nearly the best in the comp when things are going welll, then goes absolutely missing when it gets tough for us
  • Prestia's body keeps letting him down

But we expect a bloke whos played a handful of games to be the numero uno mid... give it a rest!

And then worse, you all start with the name calling against one of OUR players!

He's not a star, no worries.
Is he going to be a star, prob not, but not every player will be.
And he might not make it, he may be delisted, sure, you may even be right there!

BUT the name calling is pathetic, given he's achieved more in his footy career than every single one of you.
Ahh the old 'don't criticise players because he's better than you'. Thanks strawman.

Ahh the old 'don't criticise players because he's better than you'. Thanks strawman.
Criticise is fine... if their performance warrants it...
I've done it plenty of times...

But the name calling, spaghetti arms, spud etc. is genuinely pathetic.

Dow needs to go back and dominate, that's all you can ask. I doubt he'll be delisted because of depth issues, so he needs to come back next season a lot bigger and stronger. He might be back this year if his form warrants, but he has been given a good run and has come up short, not a lot short like some on here would say, but 19 average possessions a game doesn't cut it.

The year after with mids drafted this year, and MacAuliffe and maybe Campbell he will really have his work cut out.

Honestly, I would rather grab a veteran like Jarryd Lyons or someone like Josh Ward (on the cheap) that isn't getting a game and delist Thomson at this point. He's in his 5th? AFL season now and still gets pushed aside in the contest like a school boy.

Honestly, I would rather grab a veteran like Jarryd Lyons or someone like Josh Ward (on the cheap) that isn't getting a game and delist Thomson at this point. He's in his 5th? AFL season now and still gets pushed aside in the contest like a school boy.
Well you can grab Lyons or Ward or delist anyone half way through a season can you.

All you can ask is they go back and play well at the VFL and if he gets another season then hopefully he comes back 3-4kg's bigger to stop him getting pushed around. Then you will see if he is good enough.

Played a good last half in the VFL, had 25 and 8 clearances etc, so responded pretty well. If the coaching staff think he is worthy of delisting then so be it, but we aren't going to go out and grab a player who is finished or not getting a game elsewhere, we will go to the draft or trade out and bring in a bone fide AFL midfielder if there is one around.

Dow gets a lot of clearances but a lot of handballing from him.

His build; his kicking & can only play in the middle are the negatives.

Will he survive the cut?

OUT: Prestia the pure mid, plus maybe Baker, Bolton, Graham, Martin, from the midfield/forward line.

plus Dow the pure mid?

INs A draftee like Jagga Smith, Smilie ... plus others like Ward maybe

2025 A midfield of TT, Hopper, Sonsie, Kmac2, Smith, Smilie Ward..

Other list changes;
Retire
Grimes, Naismith.
Delist
Smith, Cumberland, Coulthard, Green Kmac?
Trade
Short

Dow gets a lot of clearances but a lot of handballing from him.

His build; his kicking & can only play in the middle are the negatives.

Will he survive the cut?

OUT: Prestia the pure mid, plus maybe Baker, Bolton, Graham, Martin, from the midfield/forward line.

plus Dow the pure mid?

INs A draftee like Jagga Smith, Smilie ... plus others like Ward maybe

2025 A midfield of TT, Hopper, Sonsie, Kmac2, Smith, Smilie Ward..

Other list changes;
Retire
Grimes, Naismith.
Delist
Smith, Cumberland, Coulthard, Green Kmac?
Trade
Short

Can’t believe this many people care about Thompson Dow!

Can’t believe this many people care about Thompson Dow!

Head over to the Jack Graham thread.
There’s a common theme called a “stacks on the mill”. Very easy for so called supporters to just constantly line up to kick a player of ours. A bit weak really.
You’ll find a trend of the same posters saying the same things. Not sure what they get out of it, maybe a “like” from an equally shallow poster. Not a great way to conduct yourself, in my opinion.

For those of you upset with Thomson, I would suggest you get used to it...

With a few retirments, and possible delistings (in front of him), by weight of numbers out vs draftees in, I can easily see him going around again next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back