Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The way it should be i would have thought.. That said, i don't think the club knows who the coach is going to be let alone the players

Sorry, phrased that poorly. Of course the players should know before the public, but my issue is that it seems likely that they've known for a week and we're left standing here holding our dicks.

I think Kav is confusing himself with someone who is in and out of the team because of great depth. Like Tom Mitchell at the swans.

However Kav just hasn't been good enough to make the team. Nobody else is going to guarantee someone who's played 7 games in 3 years more game time.

Get real kid earn your spot and stop having a sook. People who don't back themselves in don't last long in this game.

I think Kav is confusing himself with someone who is in and out of the team because of great depth. Like Tom Mitchell at the swans.

However Kav just hasn't been good enough to make the team. Nobody else is going to guarantee someone who's played 7 games in 3 years more game time.

Get real kid earn your spot and stop having a sook. People who don't back themselves in don't last long in this game.
I think he comes from a long line of sookers

The inside mid stocks are a bit thin outside the best 22.

Kav is 21 and a bit and has time, space and an ability to use the ball in close that is different to most players on our list.

I don't think on any level he should be considered off limits but it just seems so pointless to give up now (for something as paltry as a pick in the mid to late 20s). He had the arse ripped out of the start of his season due to injury and then played in fits and spurts in the VFL for the remainder of the year.

I would be most unhappy to see him leave the club without the benefit of a massive preseason including the stint in Colorado.

Another dud pick from Dodoro.
not-this-shit-again.jpg

The inside mid stocks are a bit thin outside the best 22.

Kav is 21 and a bit and has time, space and an ability to use the ball in close that is different to most players on our list.

I don't think on any level he should be considered off limits but it just seems so pointless to give up now (for something as paltry as a pick in the mid to late 20s). He had the arse ripped out of the start of his season due to injury and then played in fits and spurts in the VFL for the remainder of the year.

I would be most unhappy to see him leave the club without the benefit of a massive preseason including the stint in Colorado.

This is something I've mentioned a few times recently.

Kav would be fighting tooth and nail with Heppell & Watson (and to a lesser extent Howlett) as a one dimensional inside midfielder for which he is no where near good enough to fit in the same side as them.

Add to the fact he has shortfalls to his game (such as the ball watching, sucked into the play, lack of defensive accountability) hence why younger guys like Gleeson and Fantasia have been given games over him.

Id be disappointed if we lost him, but I could understand why he wanted to explore his options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson mentioned from day one that 2014 was not going to be an experimental year for him or the club. I think the result of playing in one final was confirmation of the approach that was taken.

In taking this approach, players who aren't up to the task miss out on selection. For Elliott, I would say this was about right for the output level he produced for us this year.

For the umpteenth time recently. Isn;t Merv Keane our national drafting manager? Dodo is our list manager I thought

Dodoro is listed on the EFC website as List and Recruiting Manager. Merve Keane is Senior Recruiting Officer.

Wouldn't mind if he was the player 'packaged' as part of the Ryder trade.

Is a first round pick with a couple of years development.. could justify #17 as 'fair market value'.. might be a solution to the issues all round.

Don't like it.. but probably never going to break into the senior side.

Look, when Jon ****ing Ralph won't even attribute the ASADA happenings as a valid reason for you wanting out, then the only option to explore is just exactly how long do you need to stare into this mirror before seeing the real issue?

Wouldn't give him away, and doubt he'd wanna go. Don't see why Port would be a place of opportunities seeing as he hasn't been getting games here.

Needs to ****ing lift his game. Sure, I and several others said he was unlucky to be dropped several times this year, but at the same time, he was lucky to be picked when he was. As someone has already pointed out, Kav being promoted to the 1sts has rarely related to form. He just seems to get a game out of nowhere when he does.

Would be a nice story if he was to stay and turn it around.

Wouldn't give him away, and doubt he'd wanna go. Don't see why Port would be a place of opportunities seeing as he hasn't been getting games here.

Needs to ******* lift his game. Sure, I and several others said he was unlucky to be dropped several times this year, but at the same time, he was lucky to be picked when he was. As someone has already pointed out, Kav being promoted to the 1sts has rarely related to form. He just seems to get a game out of nowhere when he does.

Would be a nice story if he was to stay and turn it around.

Can't see him breaking into the Port team. Do not want.

I highly doubt he'd entertain the idea of moving interstate. Still lives at home with Mummy & Daddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back