Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. If being 3rd in the club's goalkicking doesn't get you another year, what the fu** does?

Such a shame. He was desperately unlucky at Geelong - stuck behind Hawkins and Podsiadly, and with a shocking injury curse. Should have been a far better footballer.

wow, 3rd on our goal kicking list should g
Wow. If being 3rd in the club's goalkicking doesn't get you another year, what the fu** does?

Such a shame. He was desperately unlucky at Geelong - stuck behind Hawkins and Podsiadly, and with a shocking injury curse. Should have been a far better footballer.

Wow, being third on our goal kicking list should guarantee a spot on Geelongs list like wow. Like we dominated goal kicking so good this year.
He can run a 50km a game no problems and that’s when chest marks become really vital in a game.
so now he is available to Geelong do you believe he will get snaffled up???
Nah I don’t think one other club will bother.

wow, 3rd on our goal kicking list should g

Wow, being third on our goal kicking list should guarantee a spot on Geelongs list like wow. Like we dominated goal kicking so good this year.
He can run a 50km a game no problems and that’s when chest marks become really vital in a game.
so now he is available to Geelong do you believe he will get snaffled up???
Nah I don’t think one other club will bother.

50km a game wow

This shows where going Hooker fwd and Hartley back instead of Hooker back and Brown fwd

50km a game wow

This shows where going Hooker fwd and Hartley back instead of Hooker back and Brown fwd
Might well be Rutten's hand in it too, if he doesn't need Hooker in the backline in 2021 then it would be wise to build the list accordingly, as we certainly have plenty of depth in that area.

Considering the coaches don’t want Brown, I’m hoping we run with a much more richmond-like forward line
Only need 1-2 bigs who will crash packs and always bring the ball to ground and surround them with smalls who will pressure the ball and crumb

50km a game wow

Hartley played a bit of forward and ruck late in the VFL season as well. Possibly seen as a better all round back up option.

Mitch was good for what he was. Average player who filled a gap when we needed him. He worked hard to get back from the injuries and got a few chances so good on him.:cool:

We just won't need him in the team going forward.

I see us playing a very Rutten/Caracella inspired gamestyle which rely on pressure forwards. Mitch Brown is not that, at all.

There's no way we can run Langford, Stringer and Brown in the same team.

Well I am shocked. I would have done this, and Hartley too, but I didn't think EFC would.
Think this is showing a harder edge. Ruttens influence?

I might be missing something but so far 10 delisted/retired and 3 brought in. I'm not expecting to draft 7 blokes so a couple delisted free agents might be turning up very soon.

I might be missing something but so far 10 delisted/retired and 3 brought in. I'm not expecting to draft 7 blokes so a couple delisted free agents might be turning up very soon.
5 brought in really: 2 Irish, Snelling, Phillips, Cutler.
3 ND picks and 2 rookies, nothing outrageous.

5 brought in really: 2 Irish, Snelling, Phillips, Cutler.
3 ND picks and 2 rookies, nothing outrageous.
One of the Irish boys is Cat b so doesn’t really fill a spot of one of the ‘10’ removed. I think that Lavender was cat b so the number that you are working from should have been ‘9’ to replace. But yeah, 3ND and 2R picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Hooker as cover forward and back it makes sense to let someone go. It's not like we were going to keep the band together forever.

Unless they bring in better KPP depth to replace Brown immediately this signals cue in the rack time as far as flag tilts go imo. Aborting now makes sense given we are about to have to replace most of the spine, our midfield is crap and we are 'transitioning' coaches (but still having a massive crack according to the CEO).

Letting Brown go does not put the cue in the rack for a "flag tilt."

One of the Irish boys is Cat b so doesn’t really fill a spot of one of the ‘10’ removed. I think that Lavender was cat b so the number that you are working from should have been ‘9’ to replace. But yeah, 3ND and 2R picks.
McNiece too.

Desperately unlucky isnt how Ling seems to view it when he finally called Brown out for his intensity.

Cats did the same thing with Menzel too last year and Menzel at least had the excuse of being in the physiological equivalent of a 70 year old body (and kicked 30 or 40 or whatever it was).

Will be pretty bad next year if Joe does leave and Stewart's still not done anything and Gown hasn't developed. Hooker and McKernan a year on. Will be scary if the above occurs

What do key forwards have to do with it?

It's not like Brown played with any physical presence or provided any structure of a key forward.

There is nothing he did that couldnt be done by any forward 185cm+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back