Autopsy 28 point loss vs. GWS franchise

Remove this Banner Ad

Made the same post in the GDT but

Not making excuses, we've put up some horrid footy this year at times as depressing as last year......but a horrid injury run combine with a a disgraceful draw to start the year is catching up with us. Only so far the youngins can carry us.

Not saying people shouldn't be critical, we still have a LONG way to go, but I hope people put the last quarter in perspective.

Just a massive difference in endurance and strength between our youngsters and the more mature GWS, we were dead on our feet after half time.

Jy’s absence proves his value as always.

Corr was an awful call for sub, played okay but we needed run and the boys had spent their tickets.

Didn’t think PC was ready for the call up, he needs games in the VFL through the middle and wings not resting in a pocket or playing as a mid sized CHF.

Larkey again plays what seems like a not so great game and still ends up with 4 goals, he’ll be ready when we step it up as a whole side.

CCJ clunks them like you won’t believe then sends it into the car park.

Wardlaw is a monster and Powelly is a legit mid, must develop him properly.

Ford proving his believers correct, Shiels our most reliable senior player.

TT hasn’t played footy for 12+ months and can still look like the best player on the field, hope we keep him.

Good learning experience for the kids, GWS are a team full of high draft picks who run hard and are skilled under pressure.

• Tarryn provided some of that first 15 minute spark we’ve been lacking. I thought we were ON.
  • Umpires made sure that they snuffed out any momentum we had, multiple times, in that first half.
  • I love Wardlaw. Will get the Rising Star nom this week.
  • Ziebell is as Shinboner as they come.
  • Thought Ford had one of the more four quarter efforts of the team
  • Keep persisting with Spicer. Likewise Coleman Jones.
  • Thought Hall was okay.
  • Jesus, Larkey’s team mates don’t help his cause do they?! How was Stevo turning his back on the play with Larkey screaming for it by himself 25m from goal!
  • A bit to like about the first half, but in hindsight, perhaps we needed the senior leadership of Cunners with Simpkin, Greenwood & LDU all missing. I’m happy they backed the kids in though. They’ll learn from it.
  • Zurhaar burns his team mates so much. If he actually kicked any of those ones on the run I’d be okay with it, but does he ever?!
  • GWS aren’t any good.
  • Toby Greene killed us again. I wish he had of connected when he tried to leg Corr in that last ten minutes. Little flykicking flog doesn’t learn.
  • Might have to wait until mid-July now for a nourishing win. Needed it last week. They looked cooked in the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lack so much talent.

Need an entire new backline apart from Logue
Need a second KPF
Need some decent crumbers not Curtis (too unfit to get out of a jog) or Stepho (salad arms).

Just depressing this comes on the back of 4 years of bottom 2.

Must get priority assistance package.

That was a ****ing waste. And to think we have that mob of flat trackers next week, swiftly followed by Crom in SA, and then Shlong. Really needed a win from this four week block

Positives: Wardlaw, Thomas, Larkey, Phillips first half, CCJ in parts, Powelly
Negs: Hall, Spicer mostly (reckon he did a couple nice things) Lmac, Stevo, Curtis, Zurhaar.

We got almost nothing out of Stevo, Curtis and Zurhaar today. Dissapointing.

Halls time is up.

Thats all.

Didn't get to watch this one as I was cleaning out my old house before our lease ends. Looks like we had a good start but not much else. Worth watching?

it's nice that the really bad floggings seem to be a thing of the past but this doesn't really feel much better

It sucks cause this team isn't capable of making comebacks even from 3 goals down. Once the oppo gets a run on and gets 15+ up, it's over.

What is it now, 10 wins from our last 75 games? Surpassed Fitzroys loss record in it's last few years FMD

Not convinced we beat West Coast over there in a few weeks. They'll have a few players back by then.

This is the assessment of our players today over 25

Goldstein - shit. Can’t play against physical ruckman
Ziebell - Shit
McKay - Shit. Anyone paying $800k I will drive him to sign the papers
Hall - soft and shit
Corr - Shit
McDonald - Dumb and shit
Tucker - shit
Shiels - only one with half a brain.

Our senior core is like a portaloo that hasn’t been emptied for a month. Turds upon turds.

Too many players in that 15-19 disposal bracket
Jy and LDU would be handy I’d suggest.

Phillips started well CCJ attacked the ball.

Ford looks a player.

Out JZ McDonald amd Corr

In dunno

Young midfield simply beaten up by a more experienced midfield.

Veterans are the biggest elephants in the room atm. Ziebell with the most average 30 disposal game for a while and Hall the worst 20+ game. Goldy was pantsed.

The kids are alright. Wardlaw with the RS nom this week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back