#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't think they would be paying him much. Do you even get compo if someone leaves for bugger all cash?

One of the few defenders in our team who has speed and is actually a really good defender in my view.
I reckon he improved his defensive abilities to be classed as competent this year, but I wouldn’t describe Hunt as “really good” defensively.

He still got embarrassed a few times with poor positioning and lack of agility.

Agree to disagree. He's one of the few mid-sized defenders we had who played tall in the air and consistently halved contests this year from where I sat in the stands.

I love Hunt but I’m filthy about his game against Sydney. Asleep on the mark and cost us a goal (was a ripper kick though). Also didn’t even bother contesting a mark that gave Heeney a shot at goal idgaf if Heeney missed he was daydreaming, show some intent or fn brains u dopey campaigner.

Also got wiped completely in the Freo game and was constantly out of position and would go to ground. Having an actual defender would help
I don’t think Hunt had the discipline or concentration to defend.

Sure he could do what was required sometimes, but a good defender does the right thing positionally and decision wise 95/100 times. Think Hibberd, pretty much at the end physically these days but it’s still rare he makes an incorrect decision, even if his body can’t cash the cheques anymore.

Hunt was more like 65/100 making the right decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Hunt had the discipline or concentration to defend.

Sure he could do what was required sometimes, but a good defender does the right thing positionally and decision wise 95/100 times. Think Hibberd, pretty much at the end physically these days but it’s still rare he makes an incorrect decision, even if his body can’t cash the cheques anymore.

Hunt was more like 65/100 making the right decision.
Agree completely, he could make a highlight defensive effort but a good defender is a consistent 7 all the time. Hunt wasn't.

One of the occasions I'm not mad at all with a player seeking to leave. He tried, he had some good moments and some bad ones. He's never struck me as someone who should be best 22 if we're to win another flag so might as well go and play for someone who presumably is promising him he is best 22.
Good post, pretty much exactly how I feel.

Will always remember that torp after the siren up in the NT.

I'll always member being at his debut game, getting into a scuffle with collingwood players and having his jumper turned into a cape for the rest of the quarter

Everyone: Remember when he kicked that torp in Darwin in 2017.

Me: Remember when he struggled to draw a wombat, or a horse, or a hand on National FTA TV in 2018.

and when he almost got a Top 5 finish in the 426 in 2019.

Unbelievable, put so much time into him this year and he finally comes good and we get rid of him.

No great loss. We once turned pick 53 into Tom McDonald so let’s hope we can do something with the compensation. Most likely got a good deal with WC so all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back