Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton is the cream on the cake. We need to rebuild the base. Can't focus a rebuild around players like him. He will always offer flashes of brilliance and kick 2-3 miracle goals. But that's not much use to us where we currently stand when we are struggling to get within 7-10 goals of most opposition teams.. 2 or 3 first rounders will be the price. We are in the box seat.
We need to go to the shops and get the flour, eggs etc.

shai wont win another flag at the dickers if it makes u feel better
Exactly. No harm done other than 2-3 years of (hopefully) Elite kids to take us to our next dynasty. There is no dynasty waiting for Shai at Freo. He is a life member and dual premiership Tiger. That is where the accolades end, unless he wins individual awards at Freo or WCE.

This was the Jackson deal 2 years ago.

Luke Jackson has been traded to Fremantle in a deal involving GWS.
Melbourne gets pick 13, Fremantle's future first round pick and future second round pick (tied to the Dockers) in exchange for Jackson, picks 44 and 67. GWS gets Toby Bedford

I don't think Jackson was contracted at the time.
After seeing what they paid for him Bolton is worth a lot more.
I think a fair deal would be Freo gives us picks 9,10,17,26 & next year's 1st Round pick and we give them back Bolton and picks 21 & 30.
We basically get 2 First round picks this year & Freo's First round next year and we go up a few picks with our second round.
I think it's fair they get a 2 time premiership player with 4 years still to go on a contract and we get the rebuild happening and will have 2 1st round picks in the 2025 draft.

Has done some great things for us over the years, but also been farken frustrating at times. If he wants out then time to send him packing, at what will be the max value we can get for him right now.

Given we got him with the Ty Vickery compo pick we are already miles ahead on this one. Hopefully can now jag 2 or 3 hungry kids who actually want to be at the club

I also don’t like his little moustache. Never have, never will

**** if west coast is at the table even if it’s unlikely we would be stupid not to try and get in Reid’s ear

Even if it means we throw in Baker and another pick into the deal
I take that as confirmation so

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing senior footy you dummy

It wouldn't be a good look for Richmond to not pick him for games, albeit there's only one game left for the club in season 2024.

It might be seen as bullying for example. Whilst it's an AFL industry, it's still a workplace. Not picking Bolton for one game wouldn't be a good workplace look for Richmond and the players union....the AFL Players Association may ask questions too.

Just pick him for R24 against Gold Coast, he plays, the game is over, then the club gets down to business about facilitating a suitable compensation for Bolton.

Best course of action I think.

For once we have the cards in our hand.

Yze has the best job in footy right now.
Talk about toys. A Melbourne club, let alone Richmond with these picks. It’s Christmas on steroids.

I’m not a fan of Yze but if they do this, and he has a total rebuild then we have no chance to give him time. So long as we see improvement from these youngsters. I’m not convinced he’s the right one to do this and this is very unplanned and on the run but well it’s the right move to go down this path.

Rockiest of journeys but the only one that leads to the flag.

Quote from Tom morris via shais manager ,,,this is key as it means in negotiation he’s happy to remain if wa club does t cough up

Shai Bolton has not requested a trade. We have had some ongoing discussions with Richmond throughout the season where he has indicated that he would be open to the idea of returning home to Perth if a suitable deal can be struck that benefits all parties involved.

With a young family and strong ties to Perth, the prospect of being closer to home is appealing to him. However, Shai is not making any demands of Richmond and fully understands that he has four years remaining on his current contract." Anthony Van Der Wielen.

5 picks in the top 20.

Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo.

Picks don't guarantee success.
In all honesty I wouldn’t expect success from 4 of those 5 players, but I know what you’re saying. It’s a concerted effort imo, everyone at the club plays a role starting with the culture at the club, and if players don’t want to be a part of that culture then we do what’s best for both parties.

Tyrone Vickery > Pick 29
Pick 29 > Shai Bolton
Shai Bolton > 2 x First Rounders.

We turned Tyrone Vickery into two f****** first rounders!! 😂
It’s a great way to look at it. We drafted Bolton at the start of our dynasty, so absolutely nailed this pick which allows us to fast track a rebuild too. Dynasty still paying dividends !

I’m not a fan of Yze but if they do this, and he has a total rebuild then we have no chance to give him time. So long as we see improvement from these youngsters. I’m not convinced he’s the right one to do this and this is very unplanned and on the run but well it’s the right move to go down this path.

Rockiest of journeys but the only one that leads to the flag.
It’s the only means to build a strong foundation with as many R1s we can get our hands on especially with the specter of tassie looming on the horizon

This is the clubs fault 100%, we were complacent with our players and looking into the future gotta ask the question....

Why would he stay?
Who does he have to look forward to playing with?
We can't get close to servicing him on the field.

Cant have a mid filed that consists of prestia, TT, hopper , graham, and who ever else I missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back