List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be the first deal of trade week then. Can't think of any excuse why it shouldn't be.
I feel like one of the deals wont get done - the Bolton deal is the least likely to get done. Once the Rioli and Baker deals go through the media/clubs group thinking will be that our draft hand is too strong and there'll be resistance to give us another bunch of draft picks. Given Bolton is happy enough to stay unless there is a very good deal for the Tiges - this is the one that has the highest risk of failing IMO.

Hopefully the Tiges stay strong and dont compromise on this deal - Bolton is a true game changer and would be massive at Freo so they need to pony up.

I feel like one of the deals wont get done - the Bolton deal is the least likely to get done. Once the Rioli and Baker deals go through the media/clubs group thinking will be that our draft hand is too strong and there'll be resistance to give us another bunch of draft picks. Given Bolton is happy enough to stay unless there is a very good deal for the Tiges - this is the one that has the highest risk of failing IMO.

Hopefully the Tiges stay strong and dont compromise on this deal - Bolton is a true game changer and would be massive at Freo so they need to pony up.

Don't see any of them failing. Each to our own though.

Thats just the point !! There is no 3 standout candidates
there is a group of 8/9 players that could be the 123
According to the media and every expert with YouTube and the ctl app that watches some highlights of players.. but as my post states I’m assuming if richmond are going after the top 3 picks then they (they being Richmond, not Richmond fans and media) have 3 clear standouts above the rest, if it was so even on there draft board then I’d be very comfortable and I’m sure the recruiting team would be very comfortable taking in 1,6,9,10,14 and trading into next year.
so many people on here think they’re experts and that they could do our recruiters jobs for them or somehow have knowledge of what they’re thinking.
I have no knowledge of what they’re thinking but I try to make sense of what some people claim to know. So if Richmond are going after picks 1, 2 and 3 then I’m assuming they have 3 players rated above everyone else and want all 3 in tigers colours and perhaps rate a few players higher then other teams and think they can get them with later picks. They used this tactic last year getting Kmac trading out knowing they can get more value for that pick and still take the player they want later.
Maybe I have to much faith in the people hired to do these roles then some others on here.

According to the media and every expert with YouTube and the ctl app that watches some highlights of players.. but as my post states I’m assuming if richmond are going after the top 3 picks then they (they being Richmond, not Richmond fans and media) have 3 clear standouts above the rest, if it was so even on there draft board then I’d be very comfortable and I’m sure the recruiting team would be very comfortable taking in 1,6,9,10,14 and trading into next year.
so many people on here think they’re experts and that they could do our recruiters jobs for them or somehow have knowledge of what they’re thinking.
I have no knowledge of what they’re thinking but I try to make sense of what some people claim to know. So if Richmond are going after picks 1, 2 and 3 then I’m assuming they have 3 players rated above everyone else and want all 3 in tigers colours and perhaps rate a few players higher then other teams and think they can get them with later picks. They used this tactic last year getting Kmac trading out knowing they can get more value for that pick and still take the player they want later.
Maybe I have to much faith in the people hired to do these roles then some others on here.

Have Richmond actually said we want the top 3 picks though?

Maybe we have spoken to someone about what it would take to get pick 2 and what it would take to get pick 3. Doesn't mean that we want both picks. Perhaps we would like to get 1 of them on top of our pick 1 already.

You clearly are an idiot.

The deals are done-
Rioli -> picks 6 & 12
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10
Baker -> hawks pick for Barass

Take it the bank 🤡… it’s done
Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

The deals will get done, especially Bolton as it’s for family reasons and freo’s entire leadership group met with him to convince him.
They will all go, JGTI the only possible doubt for me.

On gettable Matt clarke didn't seem too confident of landing Baker, said managers and players make the most logical choice that isn't fueled by relationships or emotion. Twomey mocked our draft hand with Baker going to freo as well, the age also seemed to be leaning toward baker choosing Freo

Funny how we all try and read things from an interview. I didn't get that at all, I got that he clearly wasn't prepared to comment on those players until he knows their preferred choice. It's clear he wants Baker but until Baker says West Coast all we will hear is a straight bat.

What I did get from that interview was he knows West Coast don't have enough to get a Bolton deal done and he clearly favours pick 3 so they won't be trading it for a late top 10 pick as some here suggest. I would also say its why he might have sounded unsure about Baker, Richmond want a decent price for him so want more than pick 23 but West Coast aren't prepared to give up pick 3 unless a pick coming back is probably that Gold Coast pick, which is definitely overs.

His answers were exactly how i thought a list manager would reply.

Have Richmond actually said we want the top 3 picks though?

Maybe we have spoken to someone about what it would take to get pick 2 and what it would take to get pick 3. Doesn't mean that we want both picks. Perhaps we would like to get 1 of them on top of our pick 1 already.
No, nothing has been said, just a poster on here started off this notion. I have my doubts

Haven't copied anyone's hypothetical I've simply taken on board the rumors about what we're looking at achieving during the trade period and went about showing what we could do to get an unprecedented draft haul.

Do I think any of it will happen? Not really, but I'd like to see the club adopt the saying "Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll lang among the stars" as their mantra for the trade period.
Rather not become the new Essendon, tbh. Insufferable. Get fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deals are done-
Rioli -> picks 6 & 12
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10

Take it the bank… they’re done

Cheers for the response.

Granted they are ambitious trades, but for me, I'd love to see Blair swing for the fences with every deal.

With Bolton & Rioli both are under contract and we have made it known that it is going to take something really good to get us to make the deals, so why not ask for 6 & 13 for Daniel and the 3 x R1 picks for Bolton. We may end up with 6 & 20 and 9 & 10 plus some flipping of later picks but for me, I believe we should be going all out on both of them as we're under no obligation to trade either.

With Baker, it probably ends up as something like Baker and 10 for 3 and I've got no problem with doing that. Just looking at the deal on Draftguru and it balances out a bit more if we flip 2nd round picks with them, but instead of giving up 21 maybe we use 29 instead.

The point of that post though was to show that we could achieve something truly remarkable at the draft if we don't act like the Richmond of 2017-2020 where we made deals that were simple and easy and kept everyone happy. This time with all the leverage we should be holding firm and demanding the best possible outcomes for each deal.

The bonus to that would be watching the media having a cry about how it's unfair that a club that won 3 flags in 4 seasons now has an unprecedented draft hand that isn't related to being an expansion club.

If we were to pull something like what I suggested off I could see Kane and Gerard like this

Scared Family Guy GIF
Yep, it's fair to say that there's not too many with good negotiating skills in here. Mostly shithouse.
Most just want to drop their dacks and bend over. It's moronic. Just glad they're not doing the deals.
We'd be f**ked and they probably couldn't even work out why.

I think your last two lines are the reason Freo won’t let this opportunity slip…. Pressure on their coach & possibility of their first flag? Very powerful incentives…

The deals are done-
Rioli -> picks 6 & 12
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10

Take it the bank… they’re done
With our picks and graham, that's 7 top 20 picks which lifts our talent level really quickly, and pick 1 again next year probably. So unless there is a really stand-up at 2 or 3 I'd rather have the 2 picks as I think we really need the bigger influx of young players. Throw in those later picks becoming 1 or 2 earlier picks and it's 8 or 9 top 20 picks, and then our first round 2 pick. We are basically rebuilt!!

Deals I'd make using our current trade assests

Starting point
1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker
Bolton
Rioli

Rioli to Suns for 6 & 13. We pay 1-2 years salary.

1, 6, 13, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker
Bolton

Bolton to Dockers for 9, 10 & 17. We pay 1-2 years salary.

1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75
Baker

Baker, 10 & 21 to Eagles for 3 & 23

1, 3, 6, 9, 13, 17, 23, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75

9 13 & 29 to North for 2 & 22

1, 2, 3, 6, 17, 22, 23, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73 & 75

39, 41, 47, 57, 66 to Lions for 14

Head to the draft with:
1, 2, 3, 6, 14, 17, 22, 23, 73 & 75

8 picks inside 30. 4 of the first 7 players drafted. Possibility that we get another pick in the early 20s for Graham if he departs as well.

All the deals are fair to both parties but favour Richmond because at the end of the day we should be looking out for us and not concerned with who other clubs may or may not be able to get with their picks.

For example if North want KPPs giving them picks 9 & 13 gives them 2 cracks at it. With the likes of the Whitlocks Shanahan Faull Trainor & Armstrong possibly on the board at those picks they can still get what they need, but not necessarily their first choice. That's not our problem if they don't trade 2 to us they can keep it or get lesser value from another club.
Do we need two though? I'd be happy with 1, 3, 6, 9, 13, 14 (Bris), 17, 23 and Graham's compo.

Do we need two though? I'd be happy with 1, 3, 6, 9, 13, 14 (Bris), 17, 23 and Graham's compo.
i think we should try and get 12 from Gold Coast.

I know the Pies want it for Noble but that is madness for value.

We should be able to get later picks to Gold Coast for pick 12 and they still get their academy pick with more options .

Brisbane and Gold Coast are getting a heap of academy picks coming through in the next year or two

We should be able to get later picks to Gold Coast for pick 12 and they still get their academy pick with more options .

Brisbane and Gold Coast are getting a heap of academy picks coming through in the next year or two
13 in this scenario is 12 from GC I think. It's moved back due to bid on Ashcroft (was based off RTs post).

Edmund saying Pies are NOT demanding 12 for Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back