Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton deal is 18 +30 for Bolton + 45. He doesn't want to be there, needs to go back home. Missus wants to raise kids in WA. Freo should play hardball and take the 3 best kids available in the draft. Freo could go slightly higher if Richmond pay half his salary, but we don't and won't pay overs. Keep your player there with an upset family, see if you get the best out of him. Next trade period his value drops through the floor, he goes anyway, you don't get picks in before the compromised Tassie drafts.

Did you read my comments earlier?

That’s exactly what I said lol. Unfortunately it’s true but I don’t think Freo will be that dog with that offer. Trade ethics is a thing.

Bolton deal is 18 +30 for Bolton + 45. He doesn't want to be there, needs to go back home. Missus wants to raise kids in WA. Freo should play hardball and take the 3 best kids available in the draft. Freo could go slightly higher if Richmond pay half his salary, but we don't and won't pay overs. Keep your player there with an upset family, see if you get the best out of him. Next trade period his value drops through the floor, he goes anyway, you don't get picks in before the compromised Tassie drafts.
Sorry to break it to you

Blair will be going in dry and freo will hand over the picks we want exactly like they did for the zombie jackson that melbourne sold you guys

We won't trade if that's the deal. He has 4 years left on his contract. You guys are in your window and Bolton is exactly what you need. My feeling is we"ll get picks 10 or 11 and 18 although we'll push for 10 and 11.

And I thought our supporters were delusional lol

Delusional

dreamin.jpg

Goodbye premiership aspirations then with that offer. Freo need him to win a flag more than we need to let him go

Freo will give over 10 and 11 because imagine missing out on a player of Bolton's quaiity because you wouldn't go from 11 to 18. There is not much in that.

Sure they might think it's overs, like a lot on here thought we paid over to get Prestia for pick 6. I bet Freo's leaders want it done, just like ours did when we nabbed Prestia. Sorry we wouldn't budge so we missed out. Try explaining that to players who have seen how good Bolton can be.

Bolton will massively improve their list. They want finals/flags now not in 3 years time when those draft picks might be ready.

We won't trade if that's the deal. He has 4 years left on his contract. You guys are in your window and Bolton is exactly what you need. My feeling is we"ll get picks 10 or 11 and 18 although we'll push for 10 and 11.
if I'm a betting man..your correct
will be #10 & #18.
understand he is contracted, but he wants out.. and if u dont want to play for the R.F.C - f off.

Sure
Go for it and continue your mediocre AFL loser tenure

Bolton will be the difference to win you a/multiple flags and you guys know it
Pay up or gagf

Freo will give over 10 and 11 because imagine missing out on a player of Bolton's quaiity because you wouldn't go from 11 to 18. There is not much in that.

Sure they might think it's overs, like a lot on here thought we paid over to get Prestia for pick 6. I bet Freo's leaders want it done, just like ours did when we nabbed Prestia. Sorry we wouldn't budge so we missed out. Try explaining that to players who have seen how good Bolton can be.

Bolton will massively improve their list. They want finals/flags now not in 3 years time when those draft picks might be ready.
If any club wants a good, contracted, player the price is 2 1st round draft picks. Contracted adds another dimension. As does the go home factor for Shai
I don't watch Freo at all, except vs us, and with their good tall fwds they have underachieved. Bolton will improve them
I guess starting price was 3 1st rounders.
2 first rounders will be the price. They courted Bolton mid year by the sounds of it, so not making finals should boost their need for Bolton

Last edited:

Eric Bana Chopper GIF by Madman Films

You have a terrible source, mate. The deal is 10, 11, 18 for Bolton and this lovely anchor:

View attachment 1728434756446.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookmarked for future reference lol

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This we have found Kane Cornes BF account.

Last edited:

I love this Board lol

1 idiot ^^^
throws a rock in a well and it takes 100 people to get that rock out of that well.

But this post has everything and he has covered just about all basis except Bolton's mum being on her death bed
* Bolton doesnt want to be there
*Missus wants to raise kids in WA
*Freo hardball take picks to draft
*Richmond pays half his salary
*Tassie coming
*Value dropping to the floor (whilst is offer is in the basement)
* Richmond keep family against their will

Why cant we just delete these stupid posts and stop them getting 100 replies clogging up our threads ..

HTF do you know what the deal is?
Did Freos list manager give you all the details before mentioning it to Richmond?
Or do you mean it’s what your deal is?
Either way, no wonder it’s on hold, waiting for the Freo grown ups to come in and negotiate.

Freo have offered Brayshaw and Serong and picks 10, 11 and 18. We have told them we’ll think about it.

How do we feel about 10 and 18 with no salary paid by us? I don't think it's quite enough since 18 will probably push out a few spots. If we pay a chunk, all three first rounders is a good deal. If we pay a small amount then I think the two best first rounders is an acceptable outcome.

HTF do you know what the deal is?
Did Freos list manager give you all the details before mentioning it to Richmond?
Or do you mean it’s what your deal is?
Either way, no wonder it’s on hold, waiting for the Freo grown ups to come in and negotiate.

Freo have offered Brayshaw and Serong and picks 10, 11 and 18. We have told them we’ll think about it.
200-5.gif

Sure
Go for it and continue your mediocre AFL loser tenure

Bolton will be the difference to win you a/multiple flags and you guys know it
Pay up or gagf
Finish outside the 8....but bitch about Bolton's price. Hoping to get Warner next year? Do they transfer all their 2024 draft hand into a 2025 one that delivers Warner.
Why not both?

I know that Dimma knows the player, and equates Rioli IN make the 8. I never see Freo, so not sure what the coach thinks of Bolton.

Strongly rumoured to be talking to WA clubs. As early as 4 June McGuire's kid NBN broadcast the story of Freo wanting Bolton.

A pity that Bolton didn't nominate Freo earlier, cos the standard for trading players needed by a club is 2 1st Rounders. We paid that for Taranto. Hopper 1st & 2nd.

No Richmond bias here, in what world is contracted, $million player not worth that. If RFC go after Cadman next year I expect to pay heavily in salary & picks.

Despite all this Bolton played well for us. And be funny if he stayed. Might play inspired football for us, motivated by the way he got ****ed by Freo. Get Kmac to do a house extension.

I hope we can bring any of Shai's family members to keep em company. Help with new baby. My daughter just had a grand kid a few months ago and my missus does ALL the helping. Its women's business for the first months, year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back