Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

No player is worth 3 first round picks. Freo have all the leverage. Pay what we think is fair or use our picks in the strongest draft in years. Richmond glory days are over 3 of your top 5 players want out this year, and most of your good players are now retired. We can't help you overpaid for Taranto and Hopper, when you should have gone to the draft, don't miss out on a couple of decent draft picks this year when your players want out. I hope Freo don't get him, I'd rather go to the strong draft. I'd love to see Richmond panic and try and renegotiate and/or tell his family they can't go back to WA. Book mark these predictions. Essendon to win a final before Richmond, Essendon to have more members than Richmond, 5 years from now.
You are seriously one deluded individual. If you are the exemplar of a Freo supporter no wonder you club is still a rabble.

Finally, piss off back to where you came from you oxygen thief. Stop wasting our time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No player is worth 3 first round picks. Freo have all the leverage. Pay what we think is fair or use our picks in the strongest draft in years. Richmond glory days are over 3 of your top 5 players want out this year, and most of your good players are now retired. We can't help you overpaid for Taranto and Hopper, when you should have gone to the draft, don't miss out on a couple of decent draft picks this year when your players want out. I hope Freo don't get him, I'd rather go to the strong draft. I'd love to see Richmond panic and try and renegotiate and/or tell his family they can't go back to WA. Book mark these predictions. Essendon to win a final before Richmond, Essendon to have more members than Richmond, 5 years from now.

I’m underwhelmed by this melt. I suggest you visit the Thomson Dow or Noah Cumberland thread for inspiration and come back and try again.

#w#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

You know what, **** it, if Bolton was uncontracted, we would get band 1 compo which is pick 2
But he is contracted for a few years, so freo can get pick 2 plus another pick if they want him
I’m happy to keep

the whole purpose of trade radio and trading day is not to inform, but to set a propaganda campaign to set the scene for desired outcomes the establishment desires in terms of player movements between clubs.

If people listen to trade radio and trading day they are absolute fools and the conflicts of interest are obvious.

Anybody who believes that freo are walking away from Shai bolton because Richmond doesnt accept pick #10 + #18
and demand picks #10 + #11 (7 pick difference) has got pea's for balls

Their club just missed the finals and their team is set for an extended run in finals with a 5-6 year window and the only part of the ground they are totally inept and crying out for is a small foward that can kick 40+ goals and cause havoc in the midfield. Also adding to the fact that they have a trophy cabinet that has only ever held the players sandwiches

Their coach is crying like a bitch as well as their supporters who have been idolizing the team they hate the most winning flags and are known to be the hopeless poor cousin that just make up number 18 in the league.

They are desperate and already dreaming about Shai Bolton why else would they go chasing a small foward on $1.2 million a year.

The only dispute at the moment and the only reason this trade was not completed the 1st day is because blair insisting he is going in dry and Walls wants him to use lube.

The lack of trades is doing everyone’s head in.

I’ve not seen anything from either club that indicates anything other than they’re probably very close and once one trade falls - others are likely to flow.

Gold Coast look set to trade 6, Freo will trade 10 & something else. WC need to do Barrass to know what currency they have.

I just can’t see this going down to the wire …..I think early next week so Tigers get their haul of picks and can work out if they’re packaging to move up or forward.

I do laugh reading the posts (our fans too)- I imagine the dealings between the clubs would be quite calm.

If the Bolton deal wasn’t getting done - I’d have expected far, far more interest in our earlier picks by clubs chasing Houston.

Bolton gets to Freo …..yes Tigers could keep him but it makes no sense where you are at.

Freo could horde the picks ….also makes no sense where we are at.

The recruiters know way more than us what the value of these picks are ….to me it’s 10 & 18 or it’s 10 & 11 and other stuff. It's not exactly a million mike's apart.

Anyway I’ll finish as I begun …the lack of trades is just toxic on Bigfooty, however I really don’t think that translates to our football departments.

Last edited:
F this pick and that all clubs should put down what they want if they don't get move on. Deals will get done quicker and most would be happy. F me if Noble is worth pick 13 and Perryman is on that coin what the f is going on. Honestly for age wise surely Bolton is worth more than Dan? To be quiet honest be glad when all this BS finishes and we get creamed once again because we are a nice club.

The lack of trades is doing everyone’s head in.

I’ve not seen anything from either club that indicates anything other than they’re probably very close and once one trade falls - others are likely to flow.

Gold Coast look set to trade 6, Freo will trade 10 & something else. WC need to do Barrass to know what currency they have.

I just can’t see this going down to the wire …..I think early next week so Tigers get their haul of picks and can work out if they’re packaging to move up or forward.

I do laugh reading the posts (our fans too)- I imagine the dealings between the clubs would be quite calm.

If the Bolton deal wasn’t getting done - I’d have expected far, far more interest in our earlier picks by clubs chasing Houston.

Bolton gets to Freo …..yes Tigers could keep him but it makes no sense where you are at.

Freo could horde the picks ….also makes no sense where we are at.

The recruiters know way more than us what the value of these picks are ….to me it’s 10 & 18 or it’s 10 & 11 and other stuff. It's not exactly a million mike's apart.

Anyway I’ll finish as I begun …the lack of trades is just toxic on Bigfooty, however I really don’t think that translates to our football departments.
That was always going to be the case
Freo have realised Warner is not happening now
Pickett was a great wish by all freo supporters and thats why they needed to keep 11 apparently - another fizzer
Martin also went by and decided Geelong was a better fit

Freo really have nothing else they are doing and just waiting for Blair to answer their call
Walls and Bell have already declared 10 + 18 is a great offer in a magnificent draft but Blair still not taking their calls

Im thinking this greedy pri ck Blair is actually after all 3 of fremantles picks
Its disgusting he needs to be fair and make it a fair trade for this heavily contracted player that needs family support
cant believe he is actually going to make him come back and play for Richmond for the next 4 years

Oh even though Shai's heart wont be in it and will ask for a trade again
The AFL should step in for Shai's mental health 'Apparently'

That was always going to be the case
Freo have realised Warner is not happening now
Pickett was a great wish by all freo supporters and thats why they needed to keep 11 apparently - another fizzer
Martin also went by and decided Geelong was a better fit

Freo really have nothing else they are doing and just waiting for Blair to answer their call
Walls and Bell have already declared 10 + 18 is a great offer in a magnificent draft but Blair still not taking their calls

Im thinking this greedy pri ck Blair is actually after all 3 of fremantles picks
Its disgusting he needs to be fair and make it a fair trade for this heavily contracted player that needs family support
cant believe he is actually going to make him come back and play for Richmond for the next 4 years

Oh even though Shai's heart wont be in it and will ask for a trade again
The AFL should step in for Shai's mental health 'Apparently'

How do you know Blair's not taking their calls?

Far more likely he's just working his arse off to do 3 trades and working out what order they need to fall.

Just speculation but I'd think if he can get something else from Gold Coast ...that may be the add on needed to get Baker or Bolton done.

Even if he gets Bolton, Baker and Rioli done - he's going to be busy ....I'd think he'd then be having to look at packaging later picks to get Brisbane's pick 20 or weighing up offers from Essendon for 6. That's why I'd be surprised if this goes into the last day ....I think Bailey Smith becomes the obligatory Trade Radio last dramatic trade.

There's nothing in it for Blair or Walls to be difficult- much better to be reasonable.

To me I think everyone is hanging around waiting for someone else to do a deal.

I think Baker, Bolton & Rioli all get done.

Anyway - your board so have a good one folks.

How do you know Blair's not taking their calls?

Far more likely he's just working his arse off to do 3 trades and working out what order they need to fall.

Just speculation but I'd think if he can get something else from Gold Coast ...that may be the add on needed to get Baker or Bolton done.

Even if he gets Bolton, Baker and Rioli done - he's going to be busy ....I'd think he'd then be having to look at packaging later picks to get Brisbane's pick 20 or weighing up offers from Essendon for 6. That's why I'd be surprised if this goes into the last day ....I think Bailey Smith becomes the obligatory Trade Radio last dramatic trade.

There's nothing in it for Blair or Walls to be difficult- much better to be reasonable.

To me I think everyone is hanging around waiting for someone else to do a deal.

I think Baker, Bolton & Rioli all get done.

Anyway - your board so have a good one folks.
The Bolton trade can wait until the last day and thats the most simple
The Rioli trade would be the priority for Richmond to get done and picks locked away
Brisbane trade is really a no brainer if he actually wants to get it done and brisbane would be waiting as they need Richmond the most both for points and the need for Richmond not to bid (if Richmond actually want their pick)

Richmond need the eagles to get Barrass done so we take #14 from them with #32 going back

The pick upgrades can always be done after the trade period is finished and we have enough list spots so thats no issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back