Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants out, then send him on his way.

Dockers first 2 picks this year, no stuffing around. Just get it done and move on.

Bolton is the cream on the cake. We need to rebuild the base. Can't focus a rebuild around players like him. He will always offer flashes of brilliance and kick 2-3 miracle goals. But that's not much use to us where we currently stand when we are struggling to get within 7-10 goals of most opposition teams.. 2 or 3 first rounders will be the price. We are in the box seat.

Players will have to be part of this swap

Draft picks only dont make sense

We have cleared $1.2m a year in our tpp, someone has to get paid

Lets hope it is someone quick or someone that can take a mark up forward

No more plodders are welcome
Good point.
We have to pay a certain amount of the cap.
Personally don’t want players and only want picks.

Having a 2nd child and wants to be close to family is probably the most logical reason
Since both he and his mrs are both from the west

Maybe but he already had a child already, I think it's because we are bad now & he doesn't want to do the hard yards.

First kid just about to hit school age I think and having two changes the equation a fair bit

Officially when people are happy and in sport winning, things are rosy and everythings awesome. Shai would not be happy with losing as others arent, therefore not winning and not happy = get out if you can

Picks and wouldn't say no to someone like Jye Amiss in the trade with Freo (if it's them).
Wouldn't be playing Bolton this weekend as obviously no heart in it now. Give someone a go who wants to be part of us!
Pretty disappointed with him, especially on contract. Freo, wants him they need to pay up big.

Last edited:
He is worth 3 x 1sts easily 2 this year and next year future 1st Tim Kelly went for more than 2 1sts

Don’t understand this attitude. Do we feel the same about Baker?

Yep. if they want to go let them. They’ll never be more valuable to us than right now.

Yep. if they want to go let them. They’ll never be more valuable to us than right now.

I’m not saying that, but more the “if they don’t want to be here then **** off” attitude. These are premiership players of our great club we are talking about. If they want to go home for family, I absolutely get that appeal and we should do what we can to get great value for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying that, but more the “if they don’t want to be here then **** off” attitude. These are premiership players of our great club we are talking about. If they want to go home for family, I absolutely get that appeal and we should do what we can to get great value for them.

Agree. He’ll always be a life member. Nothing will take away from that. There’s no loyalty in footy we should just accept that.

Time to cash in and take freo for all it’s worth. We are not a charity. Pay us.

Apparently he asked for a trade because his partner is pregnant and they want to be near family
Given what I was informed of prior to him signing his last contract all I can say is a lot of water must have gone under the bridge between shai and his support group in WA…but good luck to him if that is the case

For once we have the cards in our hand.

Yze has the best job in footy right now.
Talk about toys. A Melbourne club, let alone Richmond with these picks. It’s Christmas on steroids.
Dimma might be jealous lol

It's a perfect opportunity to draft few good young players to shape our future.

Minimum pick 9 and 10. I'd take pick 3 from wet toast
**** if west coast is at the table even if it’s unlikely we would be stupid not to try and get in Reid’s ear

Even if it means we throw in Baker and another pick into the deal

sobbing GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back