Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

He brought his best last night. Been 3 months since he played like this against st kilda. We’d need the consistent Bolton if he was at the club next year. The other Bolton would get us a valuable pick though. See what happens :p

He brought his best last night. Been 3 months since he played like this against st kilda. We’d need the consistent Bolton if he was at the club next year. The other Bolton would get us a valuable pick though. See what happens :p
He's the most talented player on our list. If he goes it's gotta be worth our while and then some.

You mean grimmer than being in 18th ? He's not going to be part of the next flag ..but his currency at the moment could certainly help get us there quicker ( provided we nail the picks we get for him ..no guarantee I know )
I'm torn on it. We will get a stack for him but next few years we will be seriously bad. There is 2024 bad and then there is kick 3 or 4 goals each week bad.

We will rely on Taranto to push forward, Kozi, Maurice (if he doesn't leave) and Mansell.

If we do move him on we absolutely must draft Kako with one of the picks.

I'm torn on it. We will get a stack for him but next few years we will be seriously bad. There is 2024 bad and then there is kick 3 or 4 goals each week bad. .
He's averaging 1.6 goals a week so a 10 point difference is meh.

Last night 3 of his goals were uncontested gifts in the goal square - last man in the chain.

Agree with the Kako comment though.

Last night 3 of his goals were uncontested gifts in the goal square - last man in the chain.

Would love to get Pies pick off Freo and pick our next Dusty 😆

I'm torn on it. We will get a stack for him but next few years we will be seriously bad. There is 2024 bad and then there is kick 3 or 4 goals each week bad.

We will rely on Taranto to push forward, Kozi, Maurice (if he doesn't leave) and Mansell.

Don’t worry about MRj he’s still 6-8 months away

Been quite critical of Bolton the last couple of weeks and last night just shows why that is. When he is on, he is a difference maker and it makes me wonder whether last nights game was more to do with showing Fremantle what he can do more than him being fully invested in our future. I'll be watching closely next week when we're back at the G against another good side in GWS to see if the same level of effort and energy is there.

People may say that we won't draft anyone as good as Bolton with the picks that we'd get for him, and that may well be true, but we could draft a couple of players that allow us to address areas of need and improve our depth, which is something that we need to do. 2 mid to late R1 picks in a deep draft could get us more midfield depth or allow us to target a couple of KPP types that should be available in that range of the draft.

Sadly I think the next couple of years are going to be rubbish whatever we do ...but he's here at the moment and we are dead last ...even next season with the injury gods smiling on us I can't see us doing better than 12th to 14th at the absolute best ..if we lose 2 of Bolton. Baker .or Rioli we might get an additional 3 or 4 first round picks ..I'd also like to see us do something for the next couple of drafts too as after that with Tassie coming in rebuilding will be much harder

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. 2 of those goals anyone could have kicked. Only cavet on that is he probably ran hard to be in the right spot to get them.

If we did trade him and used the pick to draft our next KPF it could only be a win.

Others ha e said he is the best player on our list. That's a huge worry. He is a cream player, we need our best player to be an engin room player or KP player.

When is Tassie's 1st draft ?
isnt in 2027

I reckon it's gonna get pushed back. They're already massively delayed. Still got all the design, approvals and CFMEU also threatening go slow. AFL have said they want the stadium ready when they enter or 1 year later at most. In a year they've accomplished nothing. Look how slow and delayed the Punt Rd development has been. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't enter til 2029. The AFL don't want them entering like GC or GWS training out of portables for 2 years or all their high draft picks will demand their managers Horne Francis them out of there.

I reckon there turnover of players will be off the charts regardless. It will end up another baskecase needing endless draft concessions and they'll have to pay overs to get established players to go there. Wtf wants to live in Tassie? Especially if you're a Harley Reid type kid seeing your Vic Metro teammate taken at pick 60 going to events and pulling models in Melbourne, while you're bored out of your mind and can't even walk down the street because the local Cheryl the ferals mob you.

We will have 15 new players at the club by the time Tassie enters
rebuild should be well and truly over with that many list turned over
That depends whether the club accepts where our list is at. If they still overrate it then it won't be as many new faces as club only need to draft 3 players a season minimum.
My concern is the club still thinks our list is better than what it is.

Fremantle fans wouldn't be happy with what I would be willing to trade for Bolton 😂 hes not just exactly what freo need, a classy small forward that can also add pace to midfield for CBAs, but he's wildly entertaining, being a small forward myself I just love watching the freaks like him.
we want to deal with e gurls as harley reid might request a trade home

If we get pick 1 would you trade Bolton and pick 1 for Reid?
pick 1 and bolton for reid and 20

bolton has years left on his contract

theres rumours going around that simpson will get the arse

makes it easier for reid to come home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back